FTR 2016 Show #14 - Sioux City, IA - July 27

Admin
Prattish Pontificator

FTR 2016 Show #14 - Sioux City, IA - July 27

Post by Admin »

Plan meet-ups, discuss/review the show, share the set list, report live from the show!

Stats will be archived here:
http://www.kissmonster.com/tourdates/2016/2016-0727.php
shupey
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Re: FTR 2016 Show #14 - Sioux City, IA - July 27

Post by shupey »

Will be my first of 4 shows for this tour. Show #19 overall
DanKISSfan77
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by DanKISSfan77 »

Know of a few of my friends going, some are casual KISS fans. If I get sent any pics or videos, I'll post them . Sioux City is only 40 miles south of my home, but I'm not going. The last Show I saw was 9/2/2000 in Cedar Rapids, IA, My choice. A woman that works in management where I work, and her husband is taking their 6 yr. old son to see them because he LOVES them! I think it's pretty cool that a whole new generation of fans still feel that magic, just like I felt when I was a 6 yr. old in '78.
shupey

Post by shupey »

DanKISSfan77 wrote:Know of a few of my friends going, some are casual KISS fans. If I get sent any pics or videos, I'll post them . Sioux City is only 40 miles south of my home, but I'm not going. The last Show I saw was 9/2/2000 in Cedar Rapids, IA, My choice. A woman that works in management where I work, and her husband is taking their 6 yr. old son to see them because he LOVES them! I think it's pretty cool that a whole new generation of fans still feel that magic, just like I felt when I was a 6 yr. old in '78.
I was at that Cedar Rapids concert too!
DanKISSfan77
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by DanKISSfan77 »

shupey wrote:
DanKISSfan77 wrote:Know of a few of my friends going, some are casual KISS fans. If I get sent any pics or videos, I'll post them . Sioux City is only 40 miles south of my home, but I'm not going. The last Show I saw was 9/2/2000 in Cedar Rapids, IA, My choice. A woman that works in management where I work, and her husband is taking their 6 yr. old son to see them because he LOVES them! I think it's pretty cool that a whole new generation of fans still feel that magic, just like I felt when I was a 6 yr. old in '78.
Awesome!! I was 2nd row, as it was general admission, and I Dressed as Ace ,My Idol. He saw me and threw me one of his "city" picks!!
I remember feeling the flames heat, I was so close and that confetti storm falling on me during R&R all nite was magical, my personal nirvana for sure! :D
shupey

Post by shupey »

If you were on Ace's side I was probably pretty close to you. Caught a Paul pick and almost had an Ace.
ACESTATION
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Post by ACESTATION »

shupey wrote:
I was at the Cedar Rapids concert also, Sat night of Labor Day Weekend. A lot of drunken behavior that night and arrests.
KingOfHearts89

Post by KingOfHearts89 »

ACESTATION wrote:
shupey wrote:
I was at the Cedar Rapids concert also, Sat night of Labor Day Weekend. A lot of drunken behavior that night and arrests.
I blame the COLD GIN!
shupey

Post by shupey »

http://siouxcityjournal.com/entertainme ... 50780.html

Gene was the MVP of the show for me with Eric a close second. Paul sounded pretty decent and doesn't seem to be forcing it as much as previous tours. He never looked pained while singing. Stage is pretty basic but I kinda like it. Just the little change of adding the video screens over the stage seemed to add a lot visually for me. Floor and lower level looked to be 90-95% full. Upper level was closed off (I got upgraded!) but the boys still put on a hell of a show. I know the patriotic schtick wears a little thin for some here but when you are there it works. It's not political. It's a heartfelt thanks to those who serve and who have served. Would have liked a few more songs and still really don't understand why Eric and Tommy don't sing their own songs (though this version of Beth was pretty good) but that's coming from a fan who never wants the show to end.
NightmareChild
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by NightmareChild »

Play Flaming Youth?

Man, they missed a trick not doing a 'Spirit of '76' tour. Maybe didn't want the first thing in every review to mention that it's only half the 1976 band maybe. Seems like such a natural to do, 40th anniversary of Destroyer and RARO.
enabler
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!

Post by enabler »

Same setlist as the past few shows. Crowd seemed... I won't say dead, but reserved. However, it was a Wednesday night and that has to be a factor.

Tyson Events Center has a Burger King across the street from it. Eric came out to sing "Beth" wearing a BK crown, and did so seriously without acknowledging it. Paul, however, complemented Eric immediately after on both his singing and his new crown, which was then placed on Gene's head. Gene performed the entire rest of the show with it. I'm wondering if he forgot it was there. Funny, yet maybe a little inappropriate during the Pledge of Allegiance and proclamation of "Kiss Freedom to Rock Day" by city officials.

God of Whoppers
Love Bun
Broiler's On Fire
100,000 Fries
Burgerhouse
IMG_4283.JPG
IMG_4289.JPG
shupey

Post by shupey »

I actually saw a kid waiting in line to get in with a BK crown on and laughed to myself when Eric came out with it on. I actually thought the crowd was into most of the show. Was very surprised at the number of people who indicated it was their first KISS concert.
enabler
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!

Post by enabler »

Video from 4th row, Gene's side:

Black Diamond

Cold Gin

Gene firebreathing
pepperkitty
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!