"The Tour" Show 11: 8/4/12 - Dallas, TX

Admin
Prattish Pontificator

"The Tour" Show 11: 8/4/12 - Dallas, TX

Post by Admin »

Discussions, reviews, live-updates, meet-ups, etc!

Details:
http://www.kissfaq.com/KissFAQ-wiki/ind ... e_-_080412
catmandoo
Banned

Re: "The Tour" Show 10: 8/4/12 - Dallas, TX

Post by catmandoo »

Going. Got row 7! whoot!
kissmaidenfan
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Re: "The Tour" Show 11: 8/4/12 - Dallas, TX

Post by kissmaidenfan »

Be there with my two boys..
JimiG
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by JimiG »

1st Dallas show I will miss since 92!

Have fun at whatever Starplex is called now!

Houston here I come!
catmandoo
Banned

Post by catmandoo »

JimiG wrote:
Have fun at whatever Starplex is called now!
Yeah, i cant keep up either. I just call it Starplex, everyone my age knows where I'm talking about.
StarChildBlade
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by StarChildBlade »

I'll be there!
StarChildBlade
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by StarChildBlade »

Driving from Midland to Dallas tomorrow. Will be staying at the swanky Hotel ZaZa. Any FAQers staying there too? PM me!
Hipster1
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by Hipster1 »

Can't wait...vip....
bearfan
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Post by bearfan »

I had a choice between this show or Aerosmith/Cheap Trick ... I opted for Aerosmith. Based on the length of the sets and the venue, I made the right call. When Aerosmith got into OT, Tyler said "Fuck it" and they played 40 mins past the curfew. Was a really good show, the best Aerosmith has sounded in years, and CT was fantastic.
TarynWay

Post by TarynWay »

Whoa- so close to me so soon. I could go.
StarChildBlade
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by StarChildBlade »

TarynWay wrote:Whoa- so close to me so soon. I could go.
What's stopping you?
Anyway, on the road RIGHT NOW. Should be in Dallas in about an hour and a half. Wearing my SHOUT AT THE DEVIL shirt today to give Crüe some props, but tomorrow, it's all about my Kiss Army loyalty. I'm actually really excited!
Rockandrolloverman
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Rockandrolloverman »

kissmaidenfan wrote:Be there with my two boys..
I'd at least wear pants.........LOL

KIdding. Have a great time.
f2walsh
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by f2walsh »

Enjoy the show fellow FAQ'rs!!!
TarynWay

Post by TarynWay »

StarChildBlade wrote:
What's stopping you?
Anyway, on the road RIGHT NOW. Should be in Dallas in about an hour and a half. Wearing my SHOUT AT THE DEVIL shirt today to give Crüe some props, but tomorrow, it's all about my Kiss Army loyalty. I'm actually really excited!
Yea Its about a 4-5 hour drive.....
You there yet!? What you doin tonight and tomorrow before show?
StarChildBlade
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by StarChildBlade »

TarynWay wrote:
StarChildBlade wrote:
What's stopping you?
I'm here staying at the Hotel Zaza. Today I'm going to look for the Gexa Pavilion, then I may go to Arlington to look for a record store called Forever Young. Where in Texas are you? I live in Midland, which is also about 4-5 hours away from Dallas.
MONSTER Magnet
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by MONSTER Magnet »

Any twitter accounts for attendees???.

Id like to Update from the show. I didnt last night and there was "0". I guess my OVERKILL was better than nothin .......Ill be here tonite with major updates!
StarChildBlade
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by StarChildBlade »

MONSTER Magnet wrote:Any twitter accounts for attendees???.

Id like to Update from the show. I didnt last night and there was "0". I guess my OVERKILL was better than nothin .......Ill be here tonite with major updates!
I have a Twitter account but don't use it. Nevertheless, I'll be at the show tonite!
MONSTER Magnet
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by MONSTER Magnet »

StarChildBlade wrote:I have a Twitter account but don't use it. Nevertheless, I'll be at the show tonite!
Sweet atleast I know we'll get ya 2 cents after ! Have a great time my friend :mrgreen:
bearfan

Post by bearfan »

StarChildBlade wrote:
TarynWay wrote:
StarChildBlade wrote:
What's stopping you?
I'm here staying at the Hotel Zaza. Today I'm going to look for the Gexa Pavilion, then I may go to Arlington to look for a record store called Forever Young. Where in Texas are you? I live in Midland, which is also about 4-5 hours away from Dallas.

FYI, if you have not been there before, the area around the Gexa pavillion is horrible, I would not stray too far away from there and pay the money to park in the lot. If you are staying at Zaza, you should be able to get there in 15 mins or so ... there are quite a few record stores that are not all that far from you that are pretty nice and much closer than Arlington.
KIDGEO3

Post by KIDGEO3 »

NO UPDATES???
j2m1979

Post by j2m1979 »

nope
TarynWay

Post by TarynWay »

He is busy on vacation having fun without a connecting phone app! He will let us know!
MONSTER Magnet
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by MONSTER Magnet »

catmandoo , kissmaidenfan ,StarChildBlade , Hipster1 ??????????????????

All there no Updates or after show Review....THANX !
:roll: :roll:
kissthat
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by kissthat »

Another packed house. 11 shows so far with 170,000 total attendance giving an average of 15,400.

StarChildBlade
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by StarChildBlade »

I'm sore from head banging!! It was a great, high energy show. No setlist surprises, and they pulled the whole curfew thing again. The real surprise was Paul's voice. Honestly, no real issues with it at all! He didn't over do it at all, and is apparently learning very well how to work within his limitations. I was so worried. But he fucking did it! I am a happy guy, and if this is very well my last Kiss concert, I think they went out with a good bang. Kudos to my boys! Vinnie Paul was in attendance, and Paul said hi to him onstage. Had a great time. Now it's time for more Ibuprofen.
Admin
Prattish Pontificator

Post by Admin »

StarChildBlade wrote:I'm sore from head banging!! It was a great, high energy show. No setlist surprises, and they pulled the whole curfew thing again. The real surprise was Paul's voice. Honestly, no real issues with it at all! He didn't over do it at all, and is apparently learning very well how to work within his limitations. I was so worried. But he fucking did it! I am a happy guy, and if this is very well my last Kiss concert, I think they went out with a good bang. Kudos to my boys! Vinnie Paul was in attendance, and Paul said hi to him onstage. Had a great time. Now it's time for more Ibuprofen.
Did "Cold Gin" stay in the set?
j2m1979

Post by j2m1979 »

wow...they are really drawing good crowds on this tour!
timstar78
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by timstar78 »

Kiss and Mötley Crüe offer fired-up visual spectacles, testosterone riffs during explosive show
http://www.dallasnews.com/entertainment ... e-show.ece

What goes with hard rock music? Sweat. Fire. Explosions. Roller-coaster drums. Tattoos. Glittery piano. A demon. A catman. A starchild. A spaceman. Screaming fans. Buxom background singers. Spitting guitar picks.

For about two-and-a-half hours Kiss and Mötley Crüe turned up the heat – literally – at a packed Gexa Energy Pavilion Saturday night. The venue’s large ceiling fans worked intermittently, mostly during the Mötley Crüe set. During Kiss they were mostly off, leaving the crowd close to the stage to swelter.

That’s rock ‘n’ roll, eh? Both bands delivered visual spectacles and more testosterone riffs than you could handle. The co-headlining trek, simply dubbed “The Tour,” takes Kiss and Mötley Crüe through 42 US dates, two Mexican gigs and one Canadian concert. They’ll be on the road together through Oct. 1.

Mötley Crüe went on first, performing for roughly 75 minutes. Ditto for Kiss, who took the show-closing slot. And while each set was truncated, it was a full production. We got Crüe drummer Tommy Lee’s 360 drum roller coaster, which was also in tow last year during the headlining Gexa show that featured special guests Poison and New York Dolls. This time audience member Lauren strapped herself in with Lee for a wild, upside down ride while he kept the beat.

Kiss brought copious amounts of pyro (explosions, sparklers, flames) as well as Gene “The Demon” Simmons’ blood-spewing, bat-flying performance of “God of Thunder” and Paul “Starchild” Stanley’s above-the-crowd jetting to a second mini-stage for a take on “Love Gun.”

Stanley, always the talkative master of ceremonies, took to popping guitar picks in his mouth, then spitting them into the crowd. Spaceman Tommy Thayer hopped onto a rocket platform during a guitar solo, while Catman Eric Singer had his own rising drum kit in action.

The Kiss guys played one new song, “Hell or Hallelujah,” from the upcoming new album Monster, which is scheduled for release in October. Otherwise, it was all classic tunes – “Detroit Rock City,” “Shout It Out Loud,” “Lick It Up” and “Rock and Roll All Nite.”

The Crüe boys, including singer Vince Neil, bassist Nikki Sixx and guitarist Mick Mars, didn’t stray far from the same set list in the 2011 stint. That means we got “Don’t Go Away Mad (Just Go Away),” “Kickstart My Heart,” “Dr. Feelgood,” “Girls, Girls, Girls” and “Home Sweet Home.” Neil had his wailing moments, while Sixx enjoyed dousing the crowd in water.

Speaking of Neil, I got a chuckle out of his sleeveless jacket. On his back was a drawing of two female pole dancers with “I [Heart] Single Moms” emblazoned above it. That certainly tied into the band’s two curvaceous background singers.

Mötley Crüe is all about “Sin City” rock, to quote Neil’s guitar strap, with dashes of glam metal, while Kiss revels in a comic book escapist hard rock with plenty of power pop exuberance. Together in one concert and on one stage the results were naturally explosive.
timstar78
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by timstar78 »

Photo gallery HERE
Lord Killal0t
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by Lord Killal0t »

It was as awesome as I wanted it to be. I got them to play an acoustic version of Spit while I sang along.
gshaller
A really important Kiss fan!
A really important Kiss fan!

Post by gshaller »

Lord Killal0t wrote:Image

It was as awesome as I wanted it to be. I got them to play an acoustic version of Spit while I sang along.
That's cool!
StarChildBlade
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by StarChildBlade »

Admin wrote:
StarChildBlade wrote:I'm sore from head banging!! It was a great, high energy show. No setlist surprises, and they pulled the whole curfew thing again. The real surprise was Paul's voice. Honestly, no real issues with it at all! He didn't over do it at all, and is apparently learning very well how to work within his limitations. I was so worried. But he fucking did it! I am a happy guy, and if this is very well my last Kiss concert, I think they went out with a good bang. Kudos to my boys! Vinnie Paul was in attendance, and Paul said hi to him onstage. Had a great time. Now it's time for more Ibuprofen.
Did "Cold Gin" stay in the set?
Unfortunately Cold Gin was not played.
Erwin
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post by Erwin »

[quote="gshaller"][quote="Lord Killal0t"][img]http://i.imgur.com/KTHex.jpg[/img]

It was as awesome as I wanted it to be. I got them to play an acoustic version of Spit while I sang along.[/quote]

That's cool![/quote]

That's amazing!
catmandoo
Banned

Post by catmandoo »

I'll try to upload some pics later this week. Not sure how well they turned out on my sh*tty little camera...
StarChildBlade
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by StarChildBlade »

Okay people...I know some of you are Kiss Krazy, so I have finally written my review of Saturday nite's show. This was written for Hey Man's board (Freewheeler), and I just copied and pasted it here. Here goes!

KISS Destroyed Dallas!

Okay guys. I am finally at a time where I can sit down and write about the show. First off, here is the set list:
Detroit Rock City
Shout It Out Loud
I Love It Loud
Firehouse
Love Gun
War Machine
Shock Me
Hell Or Hallelujah
God Of Thunder
Lick It Up
Black Diamond
Rock And Roll All Nite

So....no surprises there, nothing special for most of you, since a lot of you see Kiss constantly every single time they tour and what not. I haven't seen Kiss since 2004, so it was more of a special event for me. Plus, my step dad finally got to see why his step son is so weird.

I'll skip talking about the opening band. And skip the Crue as well (who were great, actually). Straight to Kiss.

For me, when the lights went out, and the opening announcement started, it was pandemonium. Texas crowds are so much more lively than the laid back, hippy/crunchy granola/Birkenstock wearing/Concord Pavilion crowds that I became accustomed to attending shows with when I lived in CALI. These people were pure rock and roll mania power. Not one person sat down for pretty much the duration of the entire show (except for my step dad, but he's old...and me during Shock Me, but more on that later).

Detroit Rock City, which to me should have ALWAYS been the show opener for Kiss, was gladly welcomed as the opening ceremony call to arms again, and seeing them descend on that light truss that is reminiscent of the Animalize stage was a real treat. It truly felt like KISS. It was really f'in' cool. I was really worried about Paul and his voice, before he stepped up to the mic. But all fears were quelled when he started singing.....Paul is back. And no, it's not perfect. I don't want it to be. I don't expect that. And my expectations of Kiss have never been very high. That is the nature of that band. Never expect anything. Enjoy the ride. Paul sounded really good, and still screamed, but without strain. He is apparently learning to work very well within the parameters of his limitations. He seems to have finally gotten the memo, because the in between song banter was kept very short, sweet, and to the point.

Paul actually brought back the old 70s line "if this crowd just loosens up just a little bit" and sounded like he was straight out of 1975. I'm serious. It gave me chills!

"Shout It Out Loud" was up next....I honestly think that this song should have been their true anthem, not RARAN....it to me is the greatest Kiss anthem of all time, and therefore would have worked better for me at the end of the show. That said, I really loved hearing it again. And, again, I stress that Paul is really singing well now.

Up next was Gene's vocal debut for the night, the ever reliable stadium rocker "I Love It Loud". I know people at the FAQ (and some here for that matter) are totally burnt out on this song. But you know what? I don't go see Kiss very often. I loved hearing it. The whole crowd was singing along, fists pumping in the air, totally had a mid-80s heavy metal stadium vibe during this song, and I felt right at home. I felt like a kid again. It totally rocked.

"Firehouse" was next on the slate, which is one of my all-time favorite Kiss songs ever, anyway. I grooved with 3 hot blondes in the row in front of me during this song. Had a nice sexual feel live that just brings out the bump and grind in some people. Paul sounded great, Tommy played Ace's solo with aplomb, and Gene blew fire....Electric church for SCB....the sirens at the end were so fucking crazy loud, that they actually drowned out the band, and even the whole audience. I liked that very much.

Next up was Paul's personal anthem, "Love Gun", the famous ode to his little man down stairs. Paul flew over the audience for this one, which is always fucking cool to see. The crowd went nuts. My step dad even sang along with the chorus and was groovin' out to it. I love that Paul still flies out over the crowd onto his little stage in the middle. A nice touch for people who aren't close up front to the main stage.

Next song was a surprise for me. See, as much as I love Kiss, I don't follow every single move they make, don't memorize set lists on the tour, etc...so I had NO idea they were going to play this one....Paul introduced it as "another song from out Creatures of the Night album", and I was like, holy fuck! "War Machine"??? Hell yes! One of (if not THEE) heaviest Kiss songs ever. I'm surprised more people aren't into this song in general, but at the show, the crowd lapped it up, and more people than I expected were singing along. I was blown apart. So glad they picked that one.

Next up was either the guitar solo or "Shock Me", can't remember which came first....I will say this....Tommy's solo was fun. Obviously, he is still doing the Ace thing with the guitar rockets, whatever. The solo was interesting and fun. Nothing more, nothing less. Now, ALL THAT being said, when Paul introduced Tommy to sing "Shock Me", I got emotional all of a sudden and surprised myself by sitting down during it. I just couldn't bring myself to watch him sing it, and I guess it was out of respect for Ace. I don't care about him wearing the SpaceMan duds, but don't sing Ace's songs. He has a song to sing, and will have another one on the new album. Why Kiss can't get with it on that is beyond me. Let Tommy shine on his own AT LEAST with his own songs, if not his own stage character. We all know that the characters aren't going away no matter who is in the band, but the music? Why let Tommy record a song (or two) that he will never get to sing and make his mark with live? Does not make sense at all, and therefore, SCB refused to watch him sing "Shock Me". Which shocked me that I did that. It was instinctual, not planned, to sit out on that. Weird. From what I heard, he sang it just fine, but just on principal, my body refused to rock out for it.

Glad to be over with that part, up next was the new single, "Hell Or Hallelujah"......I was stoked to hear this live, which was really heavy and upbeat, and a nice shake up to the set. I think I was the only one in the crowd that new all the words to the song, but the crowd seemed into it. It sounded phenomenal, and Paul didn't disappoint once again.

Blood. Bells. Bass. Bat wings. The beast has flown. "God Of Thunder" was magical. Unbelievable. Highlight on that song honestly was Tommy's solo. All the lights in the house turned off except for one orange light that shined on him during the solo, and it looked straight out of a Don Russ Kiss bubblegum card. It had that magic look of old concerts during that one moment. A funny thing to mention is that When Gene flew up to the truss, his mic stand kept falling, and he had to keep catching it with his mouth to sing. You could tell he was getting pissed, and finally just let the mic fall to the ground, and flew back down. My step dad got a kick out of that and had a good belly chuckle.

Vinnie Paul was in the audience (front row), and Paul gave a shout out to him onstage, calling him "rock royalty"...LOL. Still, dude's a huge Kiss fan, and that was nice of Paul to do that.

"Lick It Up" was next, and again, those hot blondes in front of me got their grind on again, and I did too. It was a hot moment. Lot's of T&A bouncing and moving, and me in hog heaven. Don't wanna' wait 'til you know me better, indeed. Loved the extended Who riffs.

Paul did his little pre-BD guitar riffs, and the tired little Zep reference (but I didn't care, I was having too much fun), and we all sang along with the intro....one of the blondes was like, "wow! You are singing for all of us!! " I mean, I was. I was singing every note, like my life depended on it, and the people around me were all really cool with it. They could tell I was an old school die hard, I guess. Eric Singer sounded great on this, and I loved the whole nod to the LOVE GUN stage show with the risers and cat back drop on the drum riser....it truly felt like an old school Kiss concert.

Then they did it. They pulled the curfew card...LOL.....as they did in San Antonio the next night (I had two close friends of mine who live here in town near me go to that show, and text me about the curfew, so I guess that is going to be a regular thing on this tour...LOL)
But....they pulled it off. RARAN was huge and explosive, and the grinding occured again, only harder than ever, more sexual, more everything. The place was on fire. Everyone went nuts. As to be expected for that song. And then, BOOM. It's over.

I am extremely pleased with the whole experience, and the shorter set list was fine. I don't see Kiss all the time. A little every now and then is fine. They did me pretty proud.

Read more: http://thefreewheeler.proboards.com/ind ... z22ofVJ0ic
SonOfMI
Newbie... Be nice to me!
Newbie... Be nice to me!

Post by SonOfMI »

Does anyone know if there is audio of this circulating yet? Nothing on td or dod.
StarChildBlade
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by StarChildBlade »

[quote="SonOfMI"]Does anyone know if there is audio of this circulating yet? Nothing on td or dod.[/quote]
Haven't heard of anything yet.....
catmandoo
Banned

Post by catmandoo »

Posted some pics from my shitty camera on FB. My friend took some vid, she'll be posting on youtube in the next few days.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 330&type=3