Cool thought - New Ace album and Halloween

The broadest possible category for KISS discussion. Everything to do with KISS and its members, past and present. Posts offering bootleg, pirate, or illegal items, or links to those items, will be deleted. Please refer to the Terms Of Service (TOS) for this site for maximum board experience. Should any post contain material that violates your copyright, please follow the instructions on the DMCA takedown notice page.
AkuDrummer
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Cool thought - New Ace album and Halloween

Post by AkuDrummer »

Hey all - so I went over to my buddy’s place tonight for a rare night off away from the wife and kids, and the plan was to hit Sunrise Records to pick up Ace’s new album and then head to the theatre to see the new Halloween movie. As we were walking through the mall to Sunrise, a thought popped into my head: Ace’s first solo album was released in September 1978, and the first Halloween movie was released in October 1978.... you could literally go back in time 40 years and we could be doing the same thing! Picking up the new Ace Frehley record and catching a Halloween film!

I just thought that was cool and it blew my friend’s mind too! I guess some things really do stand the test of time!
LordThurisaz
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Re: Cool thought - New Ace album and Halloween

Post by LordThurisaz »

Very cool musing.
Erwin
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post by Erwin »

Space Ace Synchronicity man!
mistermike40
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by mistermike40 »

That *is* cool, thanks for pointing it out! I actually did just that... bought the Ace solo album the day it came out, then saw "Halloween" when it came out. Didn't realize they were within a month of each other.

Has it really been 40 years? :)
John Connor
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by John Connor »

AkuDrummer wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:40 pm Hey all - so I went over to my buddy’s place tonight for a rare night off away from the wife and kids, and the plan was to hit Sunrise Records to pick up Ace’s new album and then head to the theatre to see the new Halloween movie. As we were walking through the mall to Sunrise, a thought popped into my head: Ace’s first solo album was released in September 1978, and the first Halloween movie was released in October 1978.... you could literally go back in time 40 years and we could be doing the same thing! Picking up the new Ace Frehley record and catching a Halloween film!

I just thought that was cool and it blew my friend’s mind too! I guess some things really do stand the test of time!
That's pretty awesome - I just picked up "Spaceman" and am watching "Halloween" in about 45 minutes!
AkuDrummer
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by AkuDrummer »

John Connor wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:36 am
AkuDrummer wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:40 pm Hey all - so I went over to my buddy’s place tonight for a rare night off away from the wife and kids, and the plan was to hit Sunrise Records to pick up Ace’s new album and then head to the theatre to see the new Halloween movie. As we were walking through the mall to Sunrise, a thought popped into my head: Ace’s first solo album was released in September 1978, and the first Halloween movie was released in October 1978.... you could literally go back in time 40 years and we could be doing the same thing! Picking up the new Ace Frehley record and catching a Halloween film!

That's pretty awesome - I just picked up "Spaceman" and am watching "Halloween" in about 45 minutes!
Aw man - enjoy! I really liked the new Halloween movie, I thought it was a nice followup!
Spiritual_Chaos

Post by Spiritual_Chaos »

AkuDrummer wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:39 am

Aw man - enjoy! I really liked the new Halloween movie, I thought it was a nice followup!
Except for maybe the "tone" and the cinematography I enjoyed H20 much more as a "celebration" of the original. Even with LL Cool J in it.

The new one fell apart quickly.
LordThurisaz
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by LordThurisaz »

Spiritual_Chaos wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:48 am

Except for maybe the "tone" and the cinematography I enjoyed H20 much more as a "celebration" of the original. Even with LL Cool J in it.

LL Cool J is the only worthwhile part of H20. Along with completely ignoring 4-6, rather than just skipping over the thorn cult shit, also went much of any reason for me to care for the film and it's characters. Laurie Strode loses a ton of emotional weight that I'm supposed to feel as the film progresses, all because they went, "Eh, the Thorn stuff didn't do too hot, so let's junk all of it." As a result of doing that, there's almost nothing, but irrational fear for her character to suspect he's going to come after her again. Had they kept in Jamie Lloyd and the other occurrences, but just ignored the Thorn crap, it would've meant a lot more and been a much more interesting film.
Spiritual_Chaos

Post by Spiritual_Chaos »

LordThurisaz wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:20 pm
Spiritual_Chaos wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:48 am

LL Cool J is the only worthwhile part of H20.
John Connor
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by John Connor »

I thoroughly enjoyed it!! Great from beginning to end. Stopped by Spencer's on the way home and picked up some good spooky stuff. Heard some KISS while I was in there. (Hard Luck Woman!) Now I'm digging into "Spaceman." Today was a good day :D