Help  •  Register  •  Login

KISS talk at work today

<<

J-Lefty

Might as well be a member of the band!

Post Thu May 17, 2018 11:42 am

KISS talk at work today

I am employed as an "IT Guy" at a High School. Student (14 years old) enters my office today and sees my Paul Stanley Figurine USB drive sitting on my desk.
Student asks "Is that Paul Stanley from KISS?... Wasn't he born with one ear?"
Going to guess he never heard a KISS song.
That is why KISS licenses their image to every product imaginable. Few know the music but almost everyone knows the image.
<<

Might as well be the Admin!

Post Thu May 17, 2018 11:44 am

Re: KISS talk at work today

Did you tell him that Hotter Than Hell is the greatest album ever made!?

'cause it IS!
<<

Thunderous_Lay

Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Post Thu May 17, 2018 11:46 am

67321 wrote:Did you tell him that Hotter Than Hell is the greatest album ever made!?

'cause it IS!

Are you and Double D related...?
<<

J-Lefty

Post Thu May 17, 2018 11:47 am

67321 wrote:Did you tell him that Hotter Than Hell is the greatest album ever made!?

'cause it IS!

I do agree with you on that point but did not say that
<<

41Mets

Council of the Elder
Council of the Elder

Post Thu May 17, 2018 11:51 am

I get press credentials to cover the Mets. I occasionally talk to the stadium DJ and let him know I like when they play Psycho Circus to spark the crowd, God Of Thunder when Noah "Thor" Syndergaard retires the side, and NY Groove after a victory.
<<

rewind84

Post Thu May 17, 2018 11:54 am

Paul Stanley's microtia gained all metal-rock media. You can find about his condition just going through some music portals that kept it on the top eventually.

Here in Brazil one of the 'rock portals' always resurrect old news and put'em on the first page..I saw the article about Paul's microtia a dozen times on the front page.

So I believe there's a lot o people who knows about it..but never listed to KISS. And I think it works both ways...I read a lot about other musicians and I don't listen to them.
<<

Post Thu May 17, 2018 2:40 pm

J-Lefty wrote:

'cause it IS!

I do agree with you on that point but did not say that

Always another day dude, even though tomorrow's always in doubt. :D
<<

warmachine731

Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post Thu May 17, 2018 2:49 pm

41Mets wrote:I get press credentials to cover the Mets. I occasionally talk to the stadium DJ and let him know I like when they play Psycho Circus to spark the crowd, God Of Thunder when Noah "Thor" Syndergaard retires the side, and NY Groove after a victory.

That is awesome, Mets. Keep pushing it. I didn't know about the Mets playing GOT or PC, but I've heard NY Groove the few times they've won games :lol:
<<

richardsimmons

KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post Thu May 17, 2018 4:45 pm

I can relate. My jean jacket has a prominent KISS patch on it, & several passerby &/or fellow public transportation riders have entrapped me in a conversation about my favorite KISS _______ & then quickly look bored & exclaim: “Oh. My favorite song is Rock n Roll All Night!”

Very pumped to hear people like the Mets (& not the Yankees).
<<

Kissologist

Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!

Post Thu May 17, 2018 5:24 pm

J-Lefty wrote:I am employed as an "IT Guy" at a High School. Student (14 years old) enters my office today and sees my Paul Stanley Figurine USB drive sitting on my desk.
That is why KISS licenses their image to every product imaginable. Few know the music but almost everyone knows the image.

I dunno, but if a kid knows the correct name of the character in the figure displayed AND knows about a special condition in that public person, I'm pretty sure the kid was curious enough to also know a song or two from such figure.
<<

41Mets

Council of the Elder
Council of the Elder

Post Thu May 17, 2018 6:01 pm

warmachine731 wrote:
41Mets wrote:I get press credentials to cover the Mets. I occasionally talk to the stadium DJ and let him know I like when they play Psycho Circus to spark the crowd, God Of Thunder when Noah "Thor" Syndergaard retires the side, and NY Groove after a victory.

That is awesome, Mets. Keep pushing it. I didn't know about the Mets playing GOT or PC, but I've heard NY Groove the few times they've won games :lol:

You're not gonna get me to do this Mets/Yanks thing .... :P
<<

pete8475

2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post Thu May 17, 2018 6:02 pm

'cause it IS!

The right way is to say "Would you agree..."

lol
<<

WI KISSfan

Post Fri May 18, 2018 6:23 am

Related story.

My son is a Computer Science student who's one semester from graduating with his Bachelor's.

He has been interning for a couple years at a large local insurance company that has committed to hire him upon graduation. He was joking with his boss the other day about "older" music and his boss said, "what do you know about old music, I bet you can't tell me which band Peter Criss was the guitarist for....?!"

With a smile, my son informed him who Peter was and what he played, named songs, albums, etc.

His boss had to look up Peter to know he was the drummer. My son told him "you've never met my dad." :D
<<

Crown Royal

Post Fri May 18, 2018 6:26 am

J-Lefty wrote:I am employed as an "IT Guy" at a High School. Student (14 years old) enters my office today and sees my Paul Stanley Figurine USB drive sitting on my desk.

I have the DTK poster in my high school classroom. Every student knows them. Some can name Gene, a few Paul, no one knows Ace and Peter.

Not too long ago a student asked "aren't they, like, really old? like, 40 or something"

8)
<<

KISSFACE

Post Fri May 18, 2018 7:19 am

Crown Royal wrote:Not too long ago a student asked "aren't they, like, really old? like, 40 or something" 8)

Reminds me of a line from that Hard Copy segment in '95: "...the members of KISS never died, they just took off their makeup."
<<

FlamingRuth

Post Fri May 18, 2018 7:44 am

WI KISSfan wrote:Related story.

My son is a Computer Science student who's one semester from graduating with his Bachelor's.

He has been interning for a couple years at a large local insurance company that has committed to hire him upon graduation. He was joking with his boss the other day about "older" music and his boss said, "what do you know about old music, I bet you can't tell me which band Peter Criss was the guitarist for....?!"

With a smile, my son informed him who Peter was and what he played, named songs, albums, etc.

His boss had to look up Peter to know he was the drummer. My son told him "you've never met my dad." :D

:D Nice story--you raised a smart boy.

Three of my sons are musicians & all have played Kiss songs at various school performances, talent shows & open mic nights, as well as with their own bands. My youngest son is a drummer and recently "played" Peter Criss in a video ad for a local DJ.
Most of their peers are only vaguely familiar with Kiss, but interested in learning more. They're usually pleasantly surprised at how good the music is and how much fun it is to play the songs.
My sons always get asked if their Dad is a Kiss fan and get some funny responses when they say "Nope.....but Mom is." 8)
<<

WI KISSfan

Post Fri May 18, 2018 9:27 am

FlamingRuth wrote:

:D Nice story--you raised a smart boy.

Three of my sons are musicians & all have played Kiss songs at various school performances, talent shows & open mic nights, as well as with their own bands. My youngest son is a drummer and recently "played" Peter Criss in a video ad for a local DJ.
Most of their peers are only vaguely familiar with Kiss, but interested in learning more. They're usually pleasantly surprised at how good the music is and how much fun it is to play the songs.
My sons always get asked if their Dad is a Kiss fan and get some funny responses when they say "Nope.....but Mom is." 8)

Nice!
<<

AkuDrummer

Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Post Fri May 18, 2018 11:29 am

Now that’s a proud Papa moment! My son is only 3, but I can’t wait to share my KISS fandom with him!
<<

WI KISSfan

Post Fri May 18, 2018 12:05 pm

AkuDrummer wrote:

Now that’s a proud Papa moment! My son is only 3, but I can’t wait to share my KISS fandom with him!

Not the first time that one of my 3 kids have surprised someone with some random KISS knowledge, LOL
<<

Post Fri May 18, 2018 2:20 pm

pete8475 wrote:

'cause it IS!

The right way is to say "Would you agree..."

lol

Now c'mon, I would never steal a line from my good buddy DOUBLE DYNASTY... never!
<<

Post Fri May 18, 2018 2:23 pm

Man-O-War is MY life wrote:

'cause it IS!

Are you and Double D related...?

He's DOUBLE D, but I have 36c.

:?
<<

thenuke1

Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post Fri May 18, 2018 3:41 pm

I work at a school to. When I wear my kiss shirts I get tons of thumbs up...

I even had a kid humming I was made for loving you this week... I said "are you humming I was made for loving you" and in his best bass voice he says "tonight....." hahaha
<<

Post Fri May 18, 2018 4:52 pm

thenuke1 wrote:I work at a school to. When I wear my kiss shirts I get tons of thumbs up...

I even had a kid humming I was made for loving you this week... I said "are you humming I was made for loving you" and in his best bass voice he says "tonight....." hahaha

Awesome, :thumleft:
<<

TOMINO

Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post Sat May 19, 2018 6:03 am

Only last week I took a kiss mug to work which features the rock n roll over cover printed on it.
A girl came up to me and said “hey that’s kiss they’re supposed to be shit hot live”.

She was stunned when I showed her my meet and greet pictures.
<<

Thunderous_Lay

Post Sat May 19, 2018 6:06 am

TOMINO wrote:Only last week I took a kiss mug to work which features the rock n roll over cover printed on it.
A girl came up to me and said “hey that’s kiss they’re supposed to be shit hot live”.

She was stunned when I showed her my (...)

<<

gene therapist

Post Sat May 19, 2018 8:06 am

J-Lefty wrote: but almost everyone knows the image.

Maybe in America. In Europe, "most" would probably recognize Gene in make-up "from somewhere".
<<

Post Sat May 19, 2018 1:07 pm

A girl saying .. "Shit Hot Live" really turns me on!

Return to GENERAL KISS DISCUSSION