Dear members of the board...

The broadest possible category for KISS discussion. Everything to do with KISS and its members, past and present. Posts offering bootleg, pirate, or illegal items, or links to those items, will be deleted. Please refer to the Terms Of Service (TOS) for this site for maximum board experience. Should any post contain material that violates your copyright, please follow the instructions on the DMCA takedown notice page.
battra
Might as well be the Admin!

Re: Dear members of the board...

Post by battra »

KISSTRONAUT wrote: Sounds like your circle needs to get over themselves and buy the new Taylor Swift cd. Maybe you should get out of your circle more.
My daughter loves Ace Frehley and Taylor Swift.

But she's awesome.
highvoltage1969
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by highvoltage1969 »

KISSTRONAUT wrote:
tomwabe wrote:
KISSTRONAUT wrote:
tomwabe wrote:
KISSTRONAUT wrote:
Crown Royal wrote:
KISSTRONAUT wrote:
tomwabe wrote:
Contrast all of that with that tragic picture of Big John on KKVII, his stack of $75 photos and a face that could curdle milk. Then tell me you don't think that something is rotten at the heart of KISSworld?
Drama much? “Tragic”??? “Face that could curdle milk”??? Huh?
The pic I saw looked like $15. I call fake news and hysterical hyperbole.
Where's the drama? Hyperbole?

I didn't know what pic he was talking about when I first read his post. Then I went to the Big John thread, and that pic is brutally sad. He looks like a homeless person scraping by on whatever bucks he can garner.

And I seriously doubt the pic of him with KISS is $15, when "just selfie" with him costs $10 or $15.

You guys must have some pretty well off homeless people in your neck of the woods. Amazing, such insight can be had with one still photo. The famous photo of Big John he was young and fairly overweight. He's dropped some pounds and has gotten older. Shocking
You're wilfully avoiding the very clear, very obvious, point that was being made with a whole lot of superfluous nonsense. I have explained it again for you above.
You guys crack me up.
No, that's a feeble cop-out.

Please explain to 'us guys' how paying far, far, far more than you ever should to fleetingly share the same air space as a member of KISS is a good thing, so much so that even old bodyguards think they'll charge more than an internationally celebrated bass player.

And that being respected as a human being for basically no financial gain whatsoever by a member of the very band that KISS modelled themselves upon, is somehow not relevant in any way. That's how you bow out of this conversation with some semblance of credit.

But you can't.
I explained myself in my first post to you. From what I've seen he is charging $15 not the $75 you stated. Until shown further proof I'll stand by that. I fail to see how an older guy who has shed some pounds looks the way you describe.
I know how you guys work. Your reputations are well known around here. I find you guys humorous at best. Typical of what you meet on a forum but seldom in the real world.
Intelligent and articulate?
KISSTRONAUT
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant
Location: The Kingdom of the Spiders, The Empire of the Ants.

Post by KISSTRONAUT »

battra wrote:
KISSTRONAUT wrote: Sounds like your circle needs to get over themselves and buy the new Taylor Swift cd. Maybe you should get out of your circle more.

But she's awesome.
She sounds well rounded.
KISSTRONAUT
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by KISSTRONAUT »

highvoltage1969 wrote:
KISSTRONAUT wrote:
tomwabe wrote:
KISSTRONAUT wrote:
tomwabe wrote:
KISSTRONAUT wrote:
Crown Royal wrote:
KISSTRONAUT wrote:
tomwabe wrote:
Contrast all of that with that tragic picture of Big John on KKVII, his stack of $75 photos and a face that could curdle milk. Then tell me you don't think that something is rotten at the heart of KISSworld?
Drama much? “Tragic”??? “Face that could curdle milk”??? Huh?

I didn't know what pic he was talking about when I first read his post. Then I went to the Big John thread, and that pic is brutally sad. He looks like a homeless person scraping by on whatever bucks he can garner.

And I seriously doubt the pic of him with KISS is $15, when "just selfie" with him costs $10 or $15.

You guys must have some pretty well off homeless people in your neck of the woods. Amazing, such insight can be had with one still photo. The famous photo of Big John he was young and fairly overweight. He's dropped some pounds and has gotten older. Shocking
You're wilfully avoiding the very clear, very obvious, point that was being made with a whole lot of superfluous nonsense. I have explained it again for you above.
You guys crack me up.

Please explain to 'us guys' how paying far, far, far more than you ever should to fleetingly share the same air space as a member of KISS is a good thing, so much so that even old bodyguards think they'll charge more than an internationally celebrated bass player.

And that being respected as a human being for basically no financial gain whatsoever by a member of the very band that KISS modelled themselves upon, is somehow not relevant in any way. That's how you bow out of this conversation with some semblance of credit.

But you can't.
I explained myself in my first post to you. From what I've seen he is charging $15 not the $75 you stated. Until shown further proof I'll stand by that. I fail to see how an older guy who has shed some pounds looks the way you describe.
I know how you guys work. Your reputations are well known around here. I find you guys humorous at best. Typical of what you meet on a forum but seldom in the real world.
Yeah, that's it. :)
highvoltage1969
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by highvoltage1969 »

KISSTRONAUT wrote:
highvoltage1969 wrote:
KISSTRONAUT wrote:
tomwabe wrote:
KISSTRONAUT wrote:
tomwabe wrote:
KISSTRONAUT wrote:
Crown Royal wrote:
KISSTRONAUT wrote: Drama much? “Tragic”??? “Face that could curdle milk”??? Huh?

You guys crack me up.

But you can't.
Yeah, that's it. :)
:thumright:
battra

Post by battra »

KISSTRONAUT wrote:
battra wrote:

But she's awesome.
She sounds well rounded.
She also doesn't toss out insults...like someone sucks if they like this or aren't cool enough to like that.

More folks should be like her.
KISSTRONAUT
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by KISSTRONAUT »

battra wrote:
KISSTRONAUT wrote:
battra wrote:

But she's awesome.
She sounds well rounded.
She also doesn't toss out insults...like someone sucks if they like this or aren't cool enough to like that.

More folks should be like her.
Admirable.
nibbler1982
Dots are People Too
Dots are People Too

Post by nibbler1982 »

Thunderous_Lay wrote:
tomwabe wrote:
KISSTRONAUT wrote:
tomwabe wrote:

As I said, you can't.

My 'real world' is soley populated by people - bandmates, workmates, grown up children and their friends who all think that KISS' asking price at all levels is hilarious. They think that KISS fans must be stupid. As a KISS fan that bothers me. Maybe you should get out more.
I've stated an opinion you don't agree with. I don't agree with your opinion. Simple as that.

If the people around me actually worried what KISS does I would find that hilarious. Sounds like your circle needs to get over themselves and buy the new Taylor Swift cd. Maybe you should get out of your circle more.
Truly desperate deflection. Wabe's band and friends in the industry - Hard rock and Garage Punk fans for the most part. Wabe's daughter a drummer in a noise punk band of growing repute. Her favourite movie? Only partially ironically, Detroit Rock City. Her friends - the same type of kids. I'm lucky.

They don't 'worry' - and I never said that they did.
You're coming close to Nibbler-like heights of hilarity. Just saying...
My name brought up twice so far and I haven’t even thrown my hat in this race.

It’s nice to be thought of. :D
tomwabe
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by tomwabe »

Thunderous_Lay wrote:
tomwabe wrote:
KISSTRONAUT wrote:
tomwabe wrote:

As I said, you can't.

My 'real world' is soley populated by people - bandmates, workmates, grown up children and their friends who all think that KISS' asking price at all levels is hilarious. They think that KISS fans must be stupid. As a KISS fan that bothers me. Maybe you should get out more.
I've stated an opinion you don't agree with. I don't agree with your opinion. Simple as that.

If the people around me actually worried what KISS does I would find that hilarious. Sounds like your circle needs to get over themselves and buy the new Taylor Swift cd. Maybe you should get out of your circle more.
Truly desperate deflection. Wabe's band and friends in the industry - Hard rock and Garage Punk fans for the most part. Wabe's daughter a drummer in a noise punk band of growing repute. Her favourite movie? Only partially ironically, Detroit Rock City. Her friends - the same type of kids. I'm lucky.

Ah! The classic witch-trial scenario, much beloved of simple folk. Accept the dullard's assumption that my social circle is ignorant of the genre and its marketing , or reveal something of the personal actuality that renders that assumption as redundant and be picked up as a figure of fun that way.

What is notable is that such tactics have left their feudal origins to find their most obvious parallel within the trick-bag of the modern troll.

So now we have the moral crusade to somehow 'cleanse' a band message board being led by - irony of ironies - people who operate like trolls.
Deuce1231
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Post by Deuce1231 »

This thread can't last much longer....
aceshigh
Banned

Post by aceshigh »

nibbler1982 wrote:
Thunderous_Lay wrote:
tomwabe wrote:
KISSTRONAUT wrote:
tomwabe wrote:

As I said, you can't.

My name brought up twice so far and I haven’t even thrown my hat in this race.

It’s nice to be thought of. :D
It's happened to me before as well. Scary what some folks remember and think about eh :lol:
Thunderous_Lay
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post by Thunderous_Lay »

tomwabe wrote:
Thunderous_Lay wrote:
tomwabe wrote:
KISSTRONAUT wrote:
tomwabe wrote:

As I said, you can't.

Ah! The classic witch-trial scenario, much beloved of simple folk. Accept the dullard's assumption that my social circle is ignorant of the genre and its marketing , or reveal something of the personal actuality that renders that assumption as redundant and be picked up as a figure of fun that way.

What is notable is that such tactics have left their feudal origins to find their most obvious parallel within the trick-bag of the modern troll.

So now we have the moral crusade to somehow 'cleanse' a band message board being led by - irony of ironies - people who operate like trolls.
... are you for real...?!

8) :lol:

Honestly, I can't tell if you're being serious or facetious, seeing you apparently relish at the chance of coming across as modern Chaucer of sorts.
tomwabe
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by tomwabe »

Deuce1231 wrote:This thread can't last much longer....
Ironfist!
Its time for your flaming dumpster!
Vandelay Industries

Post by Vandelay Industries »

Reading this entire thread, there's a few folks who remind me of my brother who'd run to mom & dad whenever things got scrappy, and then stick his tongue out while he's standing behind them.

I'll take one tomwabe over 100 immature Kiss sunshine pumpers every day of the week....and conversely, I'll take one nightwingken over 100 non-fans of the current lineup who are equally immature....
HotterThanHeck
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by HotterThanHeck »

Hotter Than Heck wrote:
rscott71 wrote:If you are offended by what admin wrote, you are probably one of the ones he's talking to :lol:
It's obvious that this is a clear case of gimmick infringement. As the *original* HotterThanHeck, I demand satisfaction!

Like a lot of other things discussed on this board, the original version will always be the best, but I digress... :lol:
SaintN'Sinner83
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by SaintN'Sinner83 »

HotterThanHeck wrote:
Hotter Than Heck wrote:
rscott71 wrote:If you are offended by what admin wrote, you are probably one of the ones he's talking to :lol:
It's obvious that this is a clear case of gimmick infringement. As the *original* HotterThanHeck, I demand satisfaction!

Like a lot of other things discussed on this board, the original version will always be the best, but I digress... :lol:
Well, we already have two "CrimsonHarpoon"s...
tomwabe
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by tomwabe »

SaintN'Sinner83 wrote:
HotterThanHeck wrote:
Hotter Than Heck wrote:

How many Nibblers?
Oh, If only there was someone here experienced in counting....
acesmiddlefinger

Post by acesmiddlefinger »

I probably won't sleep tonight, there are people out there who think Kiss fans are dumb.
tomwabe
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by tomwabe »

acesmiddlefinger wrote:I probably won't sleep tonight, there are people out there who think Kiss fans are dumb.
And - and this'll really keep you awake - many of them are KISS fans.

Worse yet - two of them are actually in the band!
nibbler1982
Dots are People Too
Dots are People Too

Post by nibbler1982 »

tomwabe wrote:
SaintN'Sinner83 wrote:
HotterThanHeck wrote:
Hotter Than Heck wrote:

How many Nibblers?
Attachments
3D116668-8450-4483-B8CE-CD38D2C6B36B.png
Hotter Than Heck

Post by Hotter Than Heck »

nibbler1982 wrote:
tomwabe wrote:
SaintN'Sinner83 wrote:
HotterThanHeck wrote:
Hotter Than Heck wrote:

How many Nibblers?

:mrgreen:
steve

Post by steve »

Ace Chipperson wrote:You can't really expect anyone to pretend to prefer Tommy and Eric to Ace and Peter.
Am I allowed to prefer Bruce and Eric The Latter to Ace and Peter? Or Vinnie and Eric The Former?
asamphord

Post by asamphord »

steve wrote:
Ace Chipperson wrote:You can't really expect anyone to pretend to prefer Tommy and Eric to Ace and Peter.
Am I allowed to prefer Bruce and Eric The Latter to Ace and Peter? Or Vinnie and Eric The Former?
Absolutely not.
steve

Post by steve »

I can't be expected to post under these conditions! If anyone wants me I'll be in my trailer. Harrumph.
nightwingken
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant
Location: Celebrating 12 years whining.Complaining since 2001.

Post by nightwingken »

Vandelay Industries wrote:Reading this entire thread, there's a few folks who remind me of my brother who'd run to mom & dad whenever things got scrappy, and then stick his tongue out while he's standing behind them.

I'll take one tomwabe over 100 immature Kiss sunshine pumpers every day of the week....and conversely, I'll take one nightwingken over 100 non-fans of the current lineup who are equally immature....

A post that makes sense...because I was mentioned. :D
metalfuel

Post by metalfuel »

If you have a certain opinion on things that's fine but we get it after 563.798.636 times
Sssnakester

Post by Sssnakester »

How much more boring could this thread be?

The answer is none. None more boring.
BeachJediSC
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by BeachJediSC »

His Majesty wrote:
Sssnakester wrote:It seems to me the intent of this thread is to say “Stop being dicks.” I’ve certainly been guilty a time or 7 and I heed the warning. Don’t see anywhere that it said civil debates were not allowed. For anyone to claim that many, many threads haven’t been derailed with petty shit is ridiculous. Shit gets old on. That’s all Admin is saying.

I think.

Beer is good.
Pizza and Jenna Jameson movies are better.
You're on the right track, brother........
Pizza, Jenna Jameson movies, AND beer. Deee-LICIOUS! \m/
BeachJediSC
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by BeachJediSC »

5/325 wrote:
Terminator wrote:
Erwin wrote:
Admin wrote:Wow.

Trashing thread after thread in pursuit of some personal agenda is hardly the same as having a heated discussion/debate about a topic. Hell, valuable tangents do occur in the execution of normal conversations. This has nothing to do with bias, it has everything to do with normal values. Start any topic and it seems that too often the usual suspects show up with their misery.

Oh, "I'm being repressed." How about not being "that guy"? You know, drunk uncle Louie who starts shouting "Lock Her Up" when refused a second piece of pie at Thanksgiving.
This. Again amd again.

"If I don't constantly voice my displeasure of Kiss this place will become a circle jerk ."

To the point some of these posters actualy believe they are doing us a favor :scratch:
Exactly. I wanted to post this myself but held back. I also found it rich one post claiming (paraphrasing) "without this type of negative banter, this site would he boring". These individuals have made it clear their B.S. is deliberate and to such a degree, they believe it should he accepted behaviour, and debate the admin over it.
You point out the negative behavior....what about the overwhelmingly positive remarks about current KISS that are simply just NOT true. Does that count? Is that deliberate? So it's ok to be a "rah rah" cheerleader of BS but pointing out that BS is "negative"? That's the problem. Interpretation.

Where does it end?
Being a rah rah cheerleader of a band, on a fan site dedicated to that band, makes PERFECT sense.
Making overwhelmingly positive remarks about a band, on a fan site dedicated to that band, makes PERFECT sense.
Joing a fan site dedicated to a particular band, then RELENTLESSLY making THOUSANDS of negative posts/replies about that band, makes ZERO sense.
-Sincerely,
Rah Rah Cheerleader of KISS.
Klankh79
Banned

Post by Klankh79 »

to me its like this: you take the good with the bad. repeatedly expressing e-hurt and demanding something be done about it is 75483209758493 times more obnoxious than the people who say shit just to say shit. i save my e-indignation for only the most egregious of violators *cough.....Niblettes....cough*......everything else isnt worth the effort. if it bothers or offends you, laugh/blow it off, and move on. people who pout and stamp their feet over something they CHOOSE to expose themselves to are beneath contempt to me. this is the internet. its not real. it doesnt matter if you dont let it. move. the fuck. on.
Last edited by Klankh79 on Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
dicksteel
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by dicksteel »

Admin wrote:Certain parties who don't seem to be able stop fucking ruining threads are put on final notice. Knock it off. You won't receive another warning - you will be banned.

If you're so butthurt over things KISS-related, it's really obvious that the problem is YOU. Leave. Let it go. Move on... It's Alright. But stop ruining our Rock 'N' Roll Party.
could this sentiment apply to speculative dot counting?
CStomp1

Post by CStomp1 »

Klankh79 wrote:to me its like this: you take the good with the bad. repeatedly expressing e-hurt and demanding something be done about it is 75483209758493 more obnoxious than the people who say shit just to say shit. i save my e-indignation for only the most egregious of violators *cough.....Niblettes....cough*......everything else isnt worth the effort. if it bothers or offends you, laugh/blow it off, and move on. people who pout and stamp their feet over something they CHOOSE to expose themselves to are beneath contempt to me. this is the internet. its not real. it doesnt matter if you dont let it. move. the fuck. on.
I largely agree with your thoughts here, however, what exactly is Nibbs in violation of? The guy provides a ton of stats largely to pump up the current line-up and digs his heels in when challenged. Sure, he doesn't seem to ever concede an inch, but what exactly is the violation? Seems to me the violators are those who really chose to make things personal with him.
Admin
Prattish Pontificator

Post by Admin »

CStomp1 wrote:
Klankh79 wrote:to me its like this: you take the good with the bad. repeatedly expressing e-hurt and demanding something be done about it is 75483209758493 more obnoxious than the people who say shit just to say shit. i save my e-indignation for only the most egregious of violators *cough.....Niblettes....cough*......everything else isnt worth the effort. if it bothers or offends you, laugh/blow it off, and move on. people who pout and stamp their feet over something they CHOOSE to expose themselves to are beneath contempt to me. this is the internet. its not real. it doesnt matter if you dont let it. move. the fuck. on.
I largely agree with your thoughts here, however, what exactly is Nibbs in violation of? The guy provides a ton of stats largely to pump up the current line-up and digs his heels in when challenged. Sure, he doesn't seem to ever concede an inch, but what exactly is the violation? Seems to me the violators are those who really chose to make things personal with him.
This is how I see it. Nibs does his thing, is attacked continuously - even in threads he isn't participating in. Some should really just put him on "ignore."
Klankh79
Banned

Post by Klankh79 »

CStomp1 wrote:
he's obnoxiously obtuse and pretentious, and grasps micro-straws to support already thin arguments, rather than just saying "yeah, i see what you're getting at and you have a point".....he simply cannot do that. thats shitty and immature and a recipe for aggravation.....

and yes, now that i know what he's all about and understand there's no use combatting him, i will choose to coexist peacefully with him here. took me a while to figure out his shtick.
Forevertj
Banned

Post by Forevertj »

Nibbs is a great guy. One of the best posters on this site. He provides very useful statistics and he has always been good to me. If you don't like what he does, ignore him. The only thing he is "guilty" of is giving it back when someone attacks him. I don't see the problem there.
Crown Royal
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Crown Royal »

Forevertj wrote:Nibbs is a great guy. One of the best posters on this site. He provides very useful statistics and he has always been good to me. If you don't like what he does, ignore him. The only thing he is "guilty" of is giving it back when someone attacks him. I don't see the problem there.
Some of us see him becoming very creative with the numbers. No one should have to apologize for going after someone who plays so loose with 'facts'
LordThurisaz
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by LordThurisaz »

Crown Royal wrote:
Forevertj wrote:Nibbs is a great guy. One of the best posters on this site. He provides very useful statistics and he has always been good to me. If you don't like what he does, ignore him. The only thing he is "guilty" of is giving it back when someone attacks him. I don't see the problem there.
Some of us see him becoming very creative with the numbers. No one should have to apologize for going after someone who plays so loose with 'facts'
Especially when that person thumps their chest so much about hard, empirical data.
Klankh79
Banned

Post by Klankh79 »

LordThurisaz wrote:
Crown Royal wrote:
Especially when that person thumps their chest so much about hard, empirical data.

*snerk, snerk*
Forevertj
Banned

Post by Forevertj »

Crown Royal wrote:

They seem fine to me. Going after people is what Julian seems to want stopped.
PsychoElder

Post by PsychoElder »

I met Nibbs in Youngstown last year on the Freedom To Rock tour. He treated me well. Good dude.
Crown Royal
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Crown Royal »

Forevertj wrote:
Crown Royal wrote:

I'm not going after anyone. I'm going after fake numbers.

When we are discussing the numbers KISS pulls in today as a stand-alone act, he tries to slip in European and festival numbers. That's disingenuous, and purposeful. I will respond to that stuff, and it says something when some people feel it is wrong to do so.
Forevertj
Banned

Post by Forevertj »

Crown Royal wrote:
Forevertj wrote:
Crown Royal wrote:

I'm not going after anyone. I'm going after fake numbers.

When we are discussing the numbers KISS pulls in today as a stand-alone act, he tries to slip in European and festival numbers. That's disingenuous, and purposeful. I will respond to that stuff, and it says something when some people feel it is wrong to do so.

I see. Post the real numbers. I would love to see how my favorite band is doing. 8)
kisshall2

Post by kisshall2 »

Admin wrote:
CStomp1 wrote:
This is how I see it. Nibs does his thing, is attacked continuously - even in threads he isn't participating in. Some should really just put him on "ignore."
For sure my reading here is more enjoyable thanks to that ignore button.
Phyllis Simmons

Post by Phyllis Simmons »

Admin wrote:
CStomp1 wrote:
But you’d miss out on some entertainment though? Nibbsy’s a heel, he enjoys generating some heat. All you humanoids need to realise that!
LordThurisaz
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by LordThurisaz »

Phyllis Simmons wrote:All you humanoids need to realise that!
Phyllis, I love ya and all, but you are no Bobby "The Brain" Heenan.
Deuce1231

Post by Deuce1231 »

Phyllis Simmons wrote:
Admin wrote:
CStomp1 wrote:
But you’d miss out on some entertainment though? Nibbsy’s a heel, he enjoys generating some heat. All you humanoids need to realise that!
He's kinda the Ric Flair of the FAQ :mrgreen: