Adam Mitchell interview/GS Box news

The broadest possible category for KISS discussion. Everything to do with KISS and its members, past and present. Posts offering bootleg, pirate, or illegal items, or links to those items, will be deleted. Please refer to the Terms Of Service (TOS) for this site for maximum board experience. Should any post contain material that violates your copyright, please follow the instructions on the DMCA takedown notice page.
Admin
Prattish Pontificator

Adam Mitchell interview/GS Box news

Post by Admin »

I interviewed Adam Mitchell yesterday, and during the discussion he mentioned a couple of songs that may be included on Gene's forthcoming Box Set:

Something Seems To Happen At Night (1982)
Are You Always This Hot (the 1987 song with the title that he and Gene wrote for "Crazy Nights").

Adam currently has a new album out, "Back When We Were Cool," so please check it out on iTunes and if you like support the artist by purchasing the album. I get a bit of a Dire Straits vibe in places, apart from impeccably crafted songs and high-quality musical execution.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/the-l ... 1209385272
jannep17
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Re: Adam Mitchell interview/GS Box news

Post by jannep17 »

Admin wrote:I interviewed Adam Mitchell yesterday, and during the discussion he mentioned a couple of songs that may be included on Gene's forthcoming Box Set:

Are You Always This Hot (the 1987 song with the title that he and Gene wrote for "Crazy Nights").

Adam currently has a new album out, "Back When We Were Cool," so please check it out on iTunes and if you like support the artist by purchasing the album. I get a bit of a Dire Straits vibe in places, apart from impeccably crafted songs and high-quality musical execution.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/the-l ... 1209385272
Cool.
bigdaddyb
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Post by bigdaddyb »

There's more they wrote like Chrome Goes Into Motion. So I wonder that and any other gems will make it.
As long as the 1982 version of It's My Life is in there I would call this box set a winner for me.
Admin
Prattish Pontificator

Post by Admin »

I asked about that one specifically ;)
kissjrj
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by kissjrj »

Adam should have received a call from Gene regarding these songs being released...
KISSFACE
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by KISSFACE »

Intriguing titles, I hope they're all included. 150 songs, how many would you think that leaves out?
nilzzz
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by nilzzz »

I bought a signed version of Adams last album. I really like It.
FrehleyFan
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by FrehleyFan »

Admin wrote:
Are You Always This Hot (the 1987 song with the title that he and Gene wrote for "Crazy Nights").[/url]
Thanks for sharing this. I am so looking forward to this release. Now if Gene could get Paul on board to do a Kiss unreleased box set. After the recent leak of the Rock and Roll Over demos, I am wanting more!

I also think KG at Eone Music could really help Ace get something like this put together. I would love to hear the stuff Ace recorded during '80-'84 at his home studio.
Rhiannon

Post by Rhiannon »

FrehleyFan wrote:I also think KG at Eone Music could really help Ace get something like this put together. I would love to hear the stuff Ace recorded during '80-'84 at his home studio.
100% AGREE! There is a goldmine of some great tunes just waiting for an official release.
mikeenc

Post by mikeenc »

My guess, based on the many Gene demos I've heard over the years, is that out of the 10 CDs there will be about one disc of good songs, and the rest will range from "listened to it once, it was okay" (like "Are You Always This Hot") to "Oh my God, why did he ever even think this, much less put it down on tape, much less share it with anyone." I'm hoping I'm wrong, but Gene's consistency isn't the best in the world.

There are a handful of demos I would really love to get in perfect (or as close to as possible) quality (like the aforementioned 1982 version of "It's My Life" and "Sword And Stone"), but for the most part, I think where KISS is missing the boat is giving us live material, both in audio and video form.
B5Erik
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant
Location: www.VistaRecords.us & Vista Records Radio on YouTube

Post by B5Erik »

mikeenc wrote:My guess, based on the many Gene demos I've heard over the years, is that out of the 10 CDs there will be about one disc of good songs, and the rest will range from "listened to it once, it was okay" (like "Are You Always This Hot") to "Oh my God, why did he ever even think this, much less put it down on tape, much less share it with anyone." I'm hoping I'm wrong, but Gene's consistency isn't the best in the world.
Yeah, Gene doesn't seem to care about quality when writing songs, just quantity. Paul pretty much said the same thing 30 years ago.

I suspect that you're right, although I'd put the re-listenable percentage at about 20%-25% of the songs on the box set. Just a hunch. (That's still a pretty low percentage...)
There are a handful of demos I would really love to get in perfect (or as close to as possible) quality (like the aforementioned 1982 version of "It's My Life" and "Sword And Stone"), but for the most part, I think where KISS is missing the boat is giving us live material, both in audio and video form.
The ONE demo I want to get in CD quality is the original, "Deadly Weapons." "It's My Life" (1982) would be my 2nd choice.

They could make a really nice profit releasing a CD of those demos (no recording costs, minimal remastering costs, minimal replication costs). Then they could get on to a live show series, with a show from each year on audio and video (complete shows, no songs edited out).
Easy Catman

Post by Easy Catman »

October is going to be a good month with this huge box set to listen to. It seems more important given the lack of new material from current kiss.
OHKISSFAN
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post by OHKISSFAN »

Can't wait for Gene's Box Set!! Happy it's FINALLY going to happen!