NY POST BASH FEST - A&P: Anti-Semitic; Gene: No Mktg Genius

The broadest possible category for KISS discussion. Everything to do with KISS and its members, past and present. Posts offering bootleg, pirate, or illegal items, or links to those items, will be deleted. Please refer to the Terms Of Service (TOS) for this site for maximum board experience. Should any post contain material that violates your copyright, please follow the instructions on the DMCA takedown notice page.
jconnors
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Re: NY POST BASH FEST - A&P: Anti-Semitic; Gene: No Mktg Gen

Post by jconnors »

redinthesky wrote:
gshaller wrote:
AceCarr wrote:
redinthesky wrote:In the 70's, racial humor was a lot more common because people had more of a backbone.
What an incredibly flawed logic.
Women knew their place, too. Didn't have to worry about that pesky equality in the workforce.

Party at the front of the bus!
Nothing to do with what I wrote - which is completely true. And you just proved it. There were a lot less whiners back then, crying over every little joke. Today is just one big pity party - what a way for a person to live.
+1
Concert Tom
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!

Post by Concert Tom »

Stanley also accuses Frehley of stashing drugs “in the bags or pockets of crew members — without their knowledge — so he wasn’t on the hook if they were found.”
Brutal.
j2m1979
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Post by j2m1979 »

4 NYC f**k ups. With drug, alcohol, and mental issues. Anyone who believes any of them is crazy at this point.
Concert Tom
Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!

Post by Concert Tom »

Kiss was too much too soon, for ALL of them.
tomwabe
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by tomwabe »

And Joey is Jewish! But he sang those lyrics as part of the act.
You don't say!!
That was the whole reason why I brought the Ramones up - rather than say, Ron Asheton - who fooled around with Nazi regalia as a young man in the Stooges.

The Ramones mirror Kiss in so many ways, and not just in terms of geography - two Jewish guys - one of them arriving in NY as a child with no English (the original conceptualist, leader, and by far the brightest member - Tommy), one of them an artsy, sensitive type - Joey. Two not Jewish - the substance abusing brat with a German background and fascination for memorabilia - Dee Dee, and the quick tempered, proud, no-nonesense ball of testosterone - Johnny.

Where they differ is in the roles played within their respective bands - Gene is closer to Republican Johnny with his 'its just a job' attitude, his avid support of the entire capitalist system ( "Margaret Thatcher was a rock star"... please Gene!) and unblinking eye on the bank balance. Had Johnny been Jewish people would probably have thrown the same racist accusations that they've aimed at Gene. Kiss' blowhard catholic boy was more inclined to the lazy high-life favoured by his guitarist.

I should say that none of the above should be taken as criticism - its a cliche - but it was the differences - political, chemical, IQ, that made both these bands Rock 'n' Roll's most perfect creations. Yes, they both contained personalities that were spectacularly dysfunctional - just not 'nice folks' at all - but as followers of the 'real deal' we're looking for trouble - and in Kiss and the The Ramones - we've come to the right place.
jackstar74
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by jackstar74 »

unionsoul wrote:Image

It sure seemed to really bother Ol' Paul back in the day, huh?
Paul Stanley = an asshole just like the others
gshaller
A really important Kiss fan!

Post by gshaller »

redinthesky wrote:
gshaller wrote:
AceCarr wrote:
redinthesky wrote:In the 70's, racial humor was a lot more common because people had more of a backbone.
Women knew their place, too. Didn't have to worry about that pesky equality in the workforce.

Nothing to do with what I wrote - which is completely true.
No it's not. I meet tons of people who went through those years feeling like shit and getting zero support because of a culture that prioritized "backbone" above and beyond compassion. It had an impact, make no mistake. They just stayed silent.
KISS_BLOOD

Post by KISS_BLOOD »

crimsonharpoon wrote:
unionsoul wrote:Image

It sure seemed to really bother Ol' Paul back in the day, huh?
Paul has finally reached the "just shut up already" stage as far as I'm concerned. I've taken all of his book publicity yapping with a grain of salt up til now, but pulling the anti-Semitic card on A&P when he knows full fucking well these pictures exist is just completely asinine. It wouldn't shock me in the least if Ace & Peter made racist comments (and for anyone who defends that behavior because of the era, then you belong back in the 70s) but to try calling them out now when Paul himself was an active participant in their bullshit dress-up routines is total bullshit. And he better not try the whole "oh it's different with ME because I AM Jewish" like these rappers do with the n-word ... hate is hate no matter who it's coming from.
Good Points.
justcoz
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by justcoz »

tomwabe wrote:
You don't say!!
That was the whole reason why I brought the Ramones up - rather than say, Ron Asheton - who fooled around with Nazi regalia as a young man in the Stooges.

The Ramones mirror Kiss in so many ways, and not just in terms of geography - two Jewish guys - one of them arriving in NY as a child with no English (the original conceptualist, leader, and by far the brightest member - Tommy), one of them an artsy, sensitive type - Joey. Two not Jewish - the substance abusing brat with a German background and fascination for memorabilia - Dee Dee, and the quick tempered, proud, no-nonesense ball of testosterone - Johnny.

Where they differ is in the roles played within their respective bands - Gene is closer to Republican Johnny with his 'its just a job' attitude, his avid support of the entire capitalist system ( "Margaret Thatcher was a rock star"... please Gene!) and unblinking eye on the bank balance. Had Johnny been Jewish people would probably have thrown the same racist accusations that they've aimed at Gene. Kiss' blowhard catholic boy was more inclined to the lazy high-life favoured by his guitarist.

I should say that none of the above should be taken as criticism - its a cliche - but it was the differences - political, chemical, IQ, that made both these bands Rock 'n' Roll's most perfect creations. Yes, they both contained personalities that were spectacularly dysfunctional - just not 'nice folks' at all - but as followers of the 'real deal' we're looking for trouble - and in Kiss and the The Ramones - we've come to the right place.
I've always drawn comparisons to KISS and the Ramones. Agree with so much of this.
KISS_BLOOD

Post by KISS_BLOOD »

Paul said it turned his stomach to read that people said Gene was a Marketing Genius. Why could'nt he just be happy for his friend and Bandmate instead of letting all Gene's publicity get to him Shows a Bitter insecure person and that is why he does not like Ace and Peter anymore either.He continually puts all three down to the point of being just like the Bullies in his school that he hated.
It is sad, becuase I always thought before approx 5 years ago that Paul was so cool about everything, and so much cooler than Gene.I thought he really had it together by not dissing and talking shit about other members and just kept personal things between the band or himself.
He seemed to be a stand up guy.
Damn he turned out to be worse than all three.I would have never called it.
Last edited by KISS_BLOOD on Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nightwingken
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant
Location: Celebrating 12 years whining.Complaining since 2001.

Post by nightwingken »

redinthesky wrote:
gshaller wrote:
AceCarr wrote:

Nothing to do with what I wrote - which is completely true. And you just proved it. There were a lot less whiners back then, crying over every little joke. Today is just one big pity party - what a way for a person to live.

You are so right, bring back cruelty and misunderstanding, it has worked well for the few on top.
redinthesky

Post by redinthesky »

gshaller wrote:
redinthesky wrote:
gshaller wrote:
AceCarr wrote:

Nothing to do with what I wrote - which is completely true.
No it's not. I meet tons of people who went through those years feeling like shit and getting zero support because of a culture that prioritized "backbone" above and beyond compassion. It had an impact, make no mistake. They just stayed silent.
So I guess I'm just a jerk for laughing at Irish jokes then? Because hey, they obviously damaged me for life. How cruel of those people! I guess I should have been whining and crying and seeking "compassion" then? Maybe I should have called a therapist?

And you bring up women.....how can you be such a huge Star Wars fan then? There were TWO women in the entire movie (Lucas, big fan of diversity!) - one was an old lady who did nothing but housework (and had a different actress's voice! Cruel!), and the other was a Princess (not a fighter pilot or ship mechanic). And that Princess was an ungrateful bitch ("This is some rescue!") who was BOSSY (uh oh!) and who barked out orders left and right. What a great movie for women!

And it was a racist movie too..."We don't serve their kind in here" was obviously a shot at blacks, and even a few black people at the time were pissed (just a few, heck they were twenty years ahead of their time!). And there were NO blacks in the whole movie too (way to go again with diversity, Lucas!).

And you love this movie? How can you be such a big fan of such an abomination, this disgraceful portrayal of women and it's total exclusion of minorities (not to mention, again, the shot in the cantina)?

Very disappointed in you, Gary. Come around, and this Irish drunk will buy you a few drinks (after my therapy session, of course).
Last edited by redinthesky on Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nightwingken
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by nightwingken »

tomwabe wrote:
You don't say!!

great post
redinthesky

Post by redinthesky »

nightwingken wrote:
redinthesky wrote:
gshaller wrote:
AceCarr wrote:

You are so right, bring back cruelty and misunderstanding, it has worked well for the few on top.
There's a big difference between being cruel and simply making a joke. Don't tell me for one second that you didn't laugh your ass off at "Blazing Saddles" - a movie completely packed with off-color jokes from start to finish - or was that just some big "cruel" movie? There were even some very funny gay jokes in it. Everyone cracked up. The movie was a smash. Or did it make everyone whine and cry? You tell me you didn't laugh at that movie and I'll call you a flat-out liar.

Again - big difference between being cruel, and simply making a joke. And you know that. It's always funny seeing someone try to be holier than thou.

The thing is, I agree with you that we shouldn't be cruel - but poking some fun and making some jokes don't always equal "cruel." And "sticks and stones..." unfortunately went out of style and made way too many a bunch of crybaby wimps. Even if someone IS being cruel - you have it bounce off. You'll be happier.
Last edited by redinthesky on Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
redinthesky

Post by redinthesky »

tomwabe wrote:
You don't say!!
Yeah, I do say! No shit! Me pointing out Joey was Jewish was an important part of my reply - it wasn't meant to be a "hey this is obvious but I'll say it anyway" statement.
nightwingken
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by nightwingken »

redinthesky wrote:
There's a big difference between being cruel and simply making a joke. Don't tell me for one second that you didn't laugh your ass off at "Blazing Saddles" - a movie completely packed with off-color jokes from start to finish - or was that just some big "cruel" movie? There were even some very funny gay jokes in it. Everyone cracked up. The movie was a smash. Or did it make everyone whine and cry? You tell me you didn't laugh at that movie and I'll call you a flat-out liar.

Again - big difference between being cruel, and simply making a joke. And you know that. It's always funny seeing someone try to be holier than thou.

I LOVE "Blazing saddles" notice that was actually mocking racism?

Mel Brooks was always careful to make fun of everyone, including Jews, so he got away with a lot. It also helps that Clevon Little is the smartest character in the movie and the most racist whites are the dumbest. It has characters who are racist. Every racist character is depicted as an antagonist, all of whom by the end are either defeated or have seen the error of their ways (people of the land, etc). It's pretty clearly anti-racist.
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by 1111976 »

Like I have posted here before, Paul's book is volume 4 of the Circle of Bullshit series.
nightwingken
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by nightwingken »

1111976 wrote:Like I have posted here before, Paul's book is volume 4 of the Circle of Bullshit series.

Agreed.
nightwingken
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by nightwingken »

gshaller

Post by gshaller »

redinthesky wrote:So I guess I'm just a jerk for laughing at Irish jokes then? Because hey, they obviously damaged me for life. How cruel of those people! I guess I should have been whining and crying and seeking "compassion" then? Maybe I should have called a therapist?
Did those jokes belie a long family history of persecution, and an ongoing legacy of being marginalized?
And you bring up women.....how can you be such a huge Star Wars fan then? There were TWO women in the entire movie (Lucas, big fan of diversity!) - one was an old lady who did nothing but housework (and had a different actress's voice! Cruel!), and the other was a Princess (not a fighter pilot or ship mechanic). And that Princess was an ungrateful bitch ("This is some rescue!") who was BOSSY (uh oh!) and who barked out orders left and right. What a great movie for women!
Leia captured the plans for the Death Star, held onto her secrets during Vader's interrogation, established their base on Hoth (where the big ion cannon was operated by a woman), rescued Luke from Cloud City, freed Han from carbonite, killed Jabba with her bare hands, and helped engineer their victory on Endor.

All within months of having her whole world destroyed... and finding out that the guy who blew up her planet was her dad.

Taking that into account, I think she did very minimal whining.

You also forgot Mon Mothma, leader of the Rebel Alliance.
And it was a racist movie too..."We don't serve their kind in here" was obviously a shot at blacks
Droids are Black?
And you love this movie? How can you be such a big fan of such an abomination, this disgraceful portrayal of women and it's total exclusion of minorities (not to mention, again, the shot in the cantina)?
Or, more accurately, the evil Empire was portrayed as a sea of White European males, while the Rebellion was a scrappy mix of genders and species and ethnicities.
Very disappointed in you, Gary. Come around, and this Irish drunk will buy you a few drinks (after my therapy session, of course).
As long as you pay. Mazel Tov.
redinthesky

Post by redinthesky »

nightwingken wrote:
redinthesky wrote:

I LOVE "Blazing saddles" notice that was actually mocking racism?

Mel Brooks was always careful to make fun of everyone, including Jews, so he got away with a lot. It also helps that Clevon Little is the smartest character in the movie and the most racist whites are the dumbest. It has characters who are racist. Every racist character is depicted as an antagonist, all of whom by the end are either defeated or have seen the error of their ways (people of the land, etc). It's pretty clearly anti-racist.
Right - they were just jokes. Just like Archie calling Irish people "boozers" didn't piss me off either.

And when they aren't jokes, that's when one has to simply let it bounce off and not make a federal case out of it. If I'm at a bar, and a friend says to me, "Hey, you Irish drunk!" I'll laugh. If an asshole looking for trouble at the bar says to me with a scowl, "Hey, look at the Irish drunk," I won't laugh, but I won't cry either. I won't call a therapist and I won't make a federal case of it. I'll simply brush if off. Sticks and stones.

That's my point.
gshaller

Post by gshaller »

redinthesky wrote:There's a big difference between being cruel and simply making a joke. Don't tell me for one second that you didn't laugh your ass off at "Blazing Saddles" - a movie completely packed with off-color jokes from start to finish - or was that just some big "cruel" movie? There were even some very funny gay jokes in it. Everyone cracked up. The movie was a smash. Or did it make everyone whine and cry? You tell me you didn't laugh at that movie and I'll call you a flat-out liar.

The thing is, I agree with you that we shouldn't be cruel - but poking some fun and making some jokes don't always equal "cruel." And "sticks and stones..." unfortunately went out of style and made way too many a bunch of crybaby wimps. Even if someone IS being cruel - you have it bounce off. You'll be happier.
You don't think context matters? You don't see a difference between a movie made by people of different ethnicities and orientations who are making fun of themselves... versus mocking a waiter who is serving you food?

You're smarter than this.
nightwingken
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by nightwingken »

gshaller wrote: Leia captured the plans for the Death Star, held onto her secrets during Vader's interrogation, established their base on Hoth, rescued Luke from Cloud City, freed Han from carbonite, killed Jabba with her bare hands, and helped engineer their victory on Endor.

All within months of having her whole world destroyed... and finding out that the guy who blew up her planet was her dad.

Just think how that would have turned out had she not been in the film?
redinthesky

Post by redinthesky »

gshaller wrote:
redinthesky wrote:So I guess I'm just a jerk for laughing at Irish jokes then? Because hey, they obviously damaged me for life. How cruel of those people! I guess I should have been whining and crying and seeking "compassion" then? Maybe I should have called a therapist?
Did those jokes belie a long family history of persecution, and an ongoing legacy of being marginalized?
Leia captured the plans for the Death Star, held onto her secrets during Vader's interrogation, established their base on Hoth, rescued Luke from Cloud City, freed Han from carbonite, killed Jabba with her bare hands, and helped engineer their victory on Endor.

And it was a racist movie too..."We don't serve their kind in here" was obviously a shot at blacks
Droids are Black?
Or, more accurately, the evil Empire was portrayed as a sea of White European males, while the Rebellion was a scrappy mix of genders and species and ethnicities.
Of course, I have to pay. (It's a joke!) But I will.

I won't even get into the exploitation with the gold bikini, because, well, no male has ever complained.
gshaller

Post by gshaller »

nightwingken wrote:
gshaller wrote: Leia captured the plans for the Death Star, held onto her secrets during Vader's interrogation, established their base on Hoth, rescued Luke from Cloud City, freed Han from carbonite, killed Jabba with her bare hands, and helped engineer their victory on Endor.

Just think how that would have turned out had she not been in the film?
May the Force be with her!!
gshaller

Post by gshaller »

redinthesky wrote:
gshaller wrote:
Leia captured the plans for the Death Star, held onto her secrets during Vader's interrogation, established their base on Hoth, rescued Luke from Cloud City, freed Han from carbonite, killed Jabba with her bare hands, and helped engineer their victory on Endor.

Droids are Black?
Of course, I have to pay. (It's a joke!) But I will.

I won't even get into the exploitation with the gold bikini, because, well, no male has ever complained.
They will if she wears it in Episode 7.
nightwingken
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by nightwingken »

redinthesky wrote: And when they aren't jokes, that's when one has to simply let it bounce off and not make a federal case out of it. If I'm at a bar, and a friend says to me, "Hey, you Irish drunk!" I'll laugh. If an asshole looking for trouble at the bar says to me with a scowl, "Hey, look at the Irish drunk," I won't laugh, but I won't cry either. I won't call a therapist and I won't make a federal case of it. I'll simply brush if off. Sticks and stones.

That's my point.

It is one thing at a bar, but in the work place, that is a whole other discussion.
You seem to say that you won't let something small bother you, but one guy wearing the make up created by another guy that sold the make up to 2 other guys is something that has bothered you for 12 years now. When are you going to "brush it off"?
redinthesky

Post by redinthesky »

gshaller wrote:
redinthesky wrote:There's a big difference between being cruel and simply making a joke. Don't tell me for one second that you didn't laugh your ass off at "Blazing Saddles" - a movie completely packed with off-color jokes from start to finish - or was that just some big "cruel" movie? There were even some very funny gay jokes in it. Everyone cracked up. The movie was a smash. Or did it make everyone whine and cry? You tell me you didn't laugh at that movie and I'll call you a flat-out liar.

You don't think context matters? You don't see a difference between a movie made by people of different ethnicities and orientations who are making fun of themselves... versus mocking a waiter who is serving you food?

You're smarter than this.
I am saying context is everything. My whole point is, even if it is something you don't like, you brush it off. The waiter may not have liked it (how do we even know if he laughed or not), but if he was smart, and sure of himself, he shrugged it off him. You don't make a big case out of it. And for Paul to bring up the waiter thing by Peter, when he took pics with Peter with them both in Nazi uniforms, is the height of hypocrisy.

And someone mentioned Paul and Kiss making black jokes at some point? I have no idea about that but if anyone knows what that was about I am curious.
nightwingken
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by nightwingken »

redinthesky wrote:My whole point is, even if it is something you don't like, you brush it off. The waiter may not have liked it (how do we even know if he laughed or not), but if he was smart, and sure of himself, he shrugged it off him.
I hope to hell he spit in their food.

Again...You seem to say that you won't let something small bother you, but one guy wearing the make up created by another guy that sold the make up to 2 other guys is something that has bothered you for 12 years now. When are you going to "brush it off"?
BlackDiamond67

Post by BlackDiamond67 »

Paul apparently is the marketing genius that he claims Gene is not. He's pulling the anti-Semitic card while scheduling book signings at Jewish Community Centers.
gshaller

Post by gshaller »

redinthesky wrote:My whole point is, even if it is something you don't like, you brush it off. The waiter may not have liked it (how do we even know if he laughed or not), but if he was smart, and sure of himself, he shrugged it off him.
I'm fairly certain there's NO relationship between how smart someone is and how much they get offended by racism.
You don't make a big case out of it.
Or maybe he had neither the brains nor the confidence to say "I'm a human being, dick. Knock it off with that racist shit."
And for Paul to bring up the waiter thing by Peter, when he took pics with Peter with them both in Nazi uniforms, is the height of hypocrisy.
Yup. No argument here.
And someone mentioned Paul and Kiss making black jokes at some point? I have no idea about that but if anyone knows what that was about I am curious.
People aren't consistent. Make no mistake, I'm not defending Paul's finger-pointing. I'm just saying that blanket statements about how people have gotten too sensitive seem ill-conceived.

And while you made light of it with your post about Irish jokes and therapy, I actually DO see people whose lives were fucked by that sort of stuff.

And I'm pretty honest with my clients; when there's shit I think they need to let go of, I say "I think you need to let go of this shit." But women really ARE paid less than men. Asians really DON'T get treated with respect in the workplace.
redinthesky

Post by redinthesky »

nightwingken wrote:
I hope to hell he spit in their food.

Again...You seem to say that you won't let something small bother you, but one guy wearing the make up created by another guy that sold the make up to 2 other guys is something that has bothered you for 12 years now. When are you going to "brush it off"?
No, it'd be wrong to spit in their food. That's Jesse Jackson stuff (and he did it unprovoked). But it could have happened. The lesson there is, always be very kind to those who are serving you food. I always try to be super-polite.

The makeup....I've said here long ago it doesn't bother me anymore, but even when it did, that's a different kind of bother, wouldn't you agree? I simply didn't like it, it wasn't something I thought about or affected me. That's like me saying, it really bothers me that they made so many bad (IMO) changes to Superman in 'Man of Steel.' I don't like it, but it doesn't really affect me personally. Like the makeup.
redinthesky

Post by redinthesky »

gshaller wrote:
I'm fairly certain there's NO relationship between how smart someone is and how much they get offended by racism.
You don't make a big case out of it.
Or maybe he had neither the brains nor the confidence to say "I'm a human being, dick. Knock it off with that racist shit."
And for Paul to bring up the waiter thing by Peter, when he took pics with Peter with them both in Nazi uniforms, is the height of hypocrisy.
Yup. No argument here.
People aren't consistent. Make no mistake, I'm not defending Paul's finger-pointing. I'm just saying that blanket statements about how people have gotten too sensitive seem ill-conceived.

And while you made light of it with your post about Irish jokes and therapy, I actually DO see people whose lives were fucked by that sort of stuff.

And I'm pretty honest with my clients; when there's shit I think they need to let go of, I say "I think you need to let go of this shit." But women really ARE paid less than men. Asians really DON'T get treated with respect in the workplace.
All good. We disagree on some things and agree on others. No biggie. I just wanted to make clear in general I wasn't saying cruelty is ok.

And yes, the Princess got the plans....and it took an old man to make everything a success! (Had to get that in there.)
Last edited by redinthesky on Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gshaller

Post by gshaller »

Are you drunk again?
redinthesky

Post by redinthesky »

gshaller wrote:Are you drunk again?
Just drunk on life. (And Guinness occasionally.)
gshaller

Post by gshaller »

Anyway the real hero of Star Wars is the "hold your fire - there's no life forms" dude.
TheSphinx
Banned

Post by TheSphinx »

gshaller wrote: And I'm pretty honest with my clients; when there's shit I think they need to let go of, I say "I think you need to let go of this shit." But women really ARE paid less than men. Asians really DON'T get treated with respect in the workplace.
I love these myths. Especially the first one.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/realspin/20 ... -pay-myth/

I'm not going to debate that because this isn't the case.

But that's kinda like the same thing when people try and talk tour attendance or album sales etc... and they refuse to look at all the other factors. Like when far more money is spent promoting one....and 3 or 4 videos vs 1. Or paying opening acts more to draw in a bigger crowd VS opening acts who don't contribute at all. But that's what most KISS fans do. Same reason they will try and act like 1989 is the same as when GRUNGE took over... etc.
Last edited by TheSphinx on Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nearlyhumanoid
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by nearlyhumanoid »

Sigh. Gene is a money-grubbing publicity-starved jerk. Ace and Peter are a couple of not-too-bright musicians who've used drugs and alcohol to excess. And Paul was the real mastermind behind the spandex & fringes era of Kisstory, as well as everything else too. These revelations are hardly stunning to anyone who's followed this band through the years.

Labeling Ace & Peter as "anti-Semites" is a pretty low blow, but not unexpected given the mud-slinging these guys have been engaging in since forever. A great singer, songwriter and live performer, but his weirdly needy, pretentious, dismissive, condescending attitude along with his constant passive-aggressive pleas for "recognition" and "credit" is IMO nearly as off-putting as Gene's "moneybags" act or Peter's constant complaining.
gshaller

Post by gshaller »

TheSphinx wrote:
gshaller wrote: And I'm pretty honest with my clients; when there's shit I think they need to let go of, I say "I think you need to let go of this shit." But women really ARE paid less than men. Asians really DON'T get treated with respect in the workplace.
Here are the facts:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Male–female_income_disparity_in_the_United_States

Feel free to dispute them with actual numbers.
Good luck.
TheSphinx
Banned

Post by TheSphinx »

gshaller wrote:
TheSphinx wrote:
Here are the facts:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Male–female_income_disparity_in_the_United_States

Good luck.

Wikipedia! LOL Maybe we should take their facts ON KISS as well. From album sales etc. ha ha And the link I posted already ripped those b.s. "medium" studies apart. And that's exactly why I used the KISS examples I used.

Stick to stuff in the DSM.
Last edited by TheSphinx on Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gshaller

Post by gshaller »

TheSphinx wrote:
http://www.forbes.com/sites/realspin/20 ... -pay-myth/

I'm not going to debate that because
You'd lose?

Nowhere in that link does it actually dispel the FACT that women earn less. It poses a theory about why that might happen, but the numbers don't lie.
gshaller

Post by gshaller »

TheSphinx wrote:
gshaller wrote:
TheSphinx wrote:
Here are the facts:

Good luck.

Wikipedia! LOL Maybe we should take their facts ON KISS as well. From album sales etc. ha ha
You'd prefer kerrang?
redinthesky

Post by redinthesky »

gshaller wrote:Anyway the real hero of Star Wars is the "hold your fire - there's no life forms" dude.
What, are we paying by the laser now?
gshaller

Post by gshaller »

redinthesky wrote:
gshaller wrote:Anyway the real hero of Star Wars is the "hold your fire - there's no life forms" dude.
What, are we paying by the laser now?
Lachaim!
gabbagabba
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by gabbagabba »

TheSphinx wrote:
Wikipedia! LOL
Vinnie, save Wikipedia too, please 8)
gshaller

Post by gshaller »

gabbagabba wrote:
TheSphinx wrote:
Wikipedia! LOL
Alright, alright... let's not get personal.
gabbagabba
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by gabbagabba »

gshaller wrote:
gabbagabba wrote:
TheSphinx wrote:
Wikipedia! LOL
Alright, alright... let's not get personal.
Ok, sorry.....Vinnie can hijack everything...I just asked him to save Wikipedia too, cause he's saying it's not a reliable source 8)
gshaller

Post by gshaller »

Very well.
GermanKissFan
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by GermanKissFan »

redinthesky wrote:
GermanKissFan wrote:
"BACKBONE"???

I think you have just disqualified yourself for all times to be ever taken serious by any of us ever again. "Braindead" is the only thing that comes to my mind when thinking about you. (Not that I have been a big fan of yours before, but I can't believe you just wrote this...)
That's fine, but what I said is true. Back then, people didn't whine and cry and be "offended" every time an off-color joke was made. That doesn't mean they had to laugh - it just wasn't the end of the world or anything to go nuts about. Because people had more backbone then.
" it just wasn't the end of the world or anything to go nuts about."

Unless you were black of course.

Or Jewish.

Or Asian.

Or from South America.

With a racist worldview like THIS, you MUST be WASP. Correct?
lostinlimbo
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Anti-Semitic

Post by lostinlimbo »

Whoa. I remember seeing Ace in the Nazi uniform. And as an Ace fan, I always hated that he would find humor in that. But for Paul Stanley to call Ace and Peter out as Anti-Semitic is loading up the big guns.
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/paul-s ... i-semitic/