My Encounter with Shannon on the KISS Kruise II

The broadest possible category for KISS discussion. Everything to do with KISS and its members, past and present. Posts offering bootleg, pirate, or illegal items, or links to those items, will be deleted. Please refer to the Terms Of Service (TOS) for this site for maximum board experience. Should any post contain material that violates your copyright, please follow the instructions on the DMCA takedown notice page.
jmitzel
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

My Encounter with Shannon on the KISS Kruise II

Post by jmitzel »

SO, it was Friday night and the indoor concert has just ended.

I walked out onto Deck 7 to get some fresh air for it was an awesome night.

As I walked back in, low and behold, there was Shannon Tweed-Simmons. Now, keep in mind that no one else at all was around. So, I proceeded to speak in a very mild-toned voice to greet her and the next encounters are being labeled as the "3 strikes you're out" method:

1) As we approached closer, I said, "Why hello Shannon!" She proceeded to ignore me and let a 'HUH' come from her tightly-closed joker-smile mouth as she walked with her nose literally stuck in the air...

2) So, I am thinking OK, as we are side-by-side and she is going to exit onto Deck 7, I said very calmly, "Are you having a good trip?" Again, she ignores me and lets out a slight 'HUH'...

3) By this point, I am thinking, REALLY???? So, I proceed to say, "WOW, what a bitch!" AND boy did that catch her attention!!! She proceeded to turn around a flip me off and walked outside!

SO, I am going to email this to Gene Simmons and tell him to leave her snobby ass at home from now on! I have ZERO respect for her now! You don't just ignore people...especially, the fans!

A couple we were chatting with earlier in the day had a special meet & greet with Gene in his suite and Shannon was there. The lady told her how much more pretty she was in person and she said Shannon just "snarled" and walked off.
13marcello

Re: My Encounter with Shannon on the KISS Kruise II

Post by 13marcello »

It would have been a hoot if she had hissed at you
and said "what doesn't kill you makes you stranger".
Deleted User 4429

Post by Deleted User 4429 »

Wow, how rude. I'm not sure that calling her a bitch helped though. :wink:
jmitzel

Post by jmitzel »

Yea, I know I didn't take the "high road" by calling her a bitch BUT c'mon, really?!?!

She could have said Hi really quick OR when I asked if she is having a good time...saying hell no! Something to acknowledge!
nexlevels
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by nexlevels »

jmitzel wrote:SO, it was Friday night and the indoor concert has just ended.

As I walked back in, low and behold, there was Shannon Tweed-Simmons. Now, keep in mind that no one else at all was around. So, I proceeded to speak in a very mild-toned voice to greet her and the next encounters are being labeled as the "3 strikes you're out" method:

1) As we approached closer, I said, "Why hello Shannon!" She proceeded to ignore me and let a 'HUH' come from her tightly-closed joker-smile mouth as she walked with her nose literally stuck in the air...

2) So, I am thinking OK, as we are side-by-side and she is going to exit onto Deck 7, I said very calmly, "Are you having a good trip?" Again, she ignores me and lets out a slight 'HUH'...

3) By this point, I am thinking, REALLY???? So, I proceed to say, "WOW, what a bitch!" AND boy did that catch her attention!!! She proceeded to turn around a flip me off and walked outside!

SO, I am going to email this to Gene Simmons and tell him to leave her snobby ass at home from now on! I have ZERO respect for her now! You don't just ignore people...especially, the fans!

A couple we were chatting with earlier in the day had a special meet & greet with Gene in his suite and Shannon was there. The lady told her how much more pretty she was in person and she said Shannon just "snarled" and walked off.
Post a pic of yourself so we know how creepy you must have looked to her...
jmitzel

Post by jmitzel »

nexlevels wrote:

He is a pic of me and my best gal friend not long before...
Attachments
Photo 042.jpg
nexlevels
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by nexlevels »

Why do you have two different accounts on KISSfaq?
jmitzel

Post by jmitzel »

nexlevels wrote:Why do you have two different accounts on KISSfaq?
I don't...only one.
CStomp1

Post by CStomp1 »

nexlevels wrote:

:lol:
nexlevels
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by nexlevels »

jmitzel wrote:
I don't...only one.
Oh, you just have another for your KISS website...
Right on...
shupey
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post by shupey »

She probably thought you wanted t osleep with Gene.
jmitzel

Post by jmitzel »

nexlevels wrote:
jmitzel wrote:
I don't...only one.
Right on...
Yea....so, was my photo that creepy??? Only instead I had a smile instead of a goofy, tongue sticking our face.
jmitzel

Post by jmitzel »

shupey wrote:She probably thought you wanted t osleep with Gene.
EWWWWWWWWW :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
f2walsh
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by f2walsh »

Yeah, she should have at least acknowledged you! I met Todd Rundgren's wife and she was cool as hell!
jmitzel

Post by jmitzel »

And look, I am not talking badly about Shannon....simply sharing my experience.

I was just so disappointed at how she just ignored me.

I understand for I have bad days too and can be bitchy, LOL, but I still NEVER ignore anyone when they say hello to me.
nexlevels
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by nexlevels »

jmitzel wrote:
nexlevels wrote:
jmitzel wrote:
I don't...only one.
Right on...
Yea....so, was my photo that creepy???
Well, she probably thought you were... Yeah...

No worries...

She should have been a bit more polite, I guess, if that was her reaction to you.

She probably had her own private area to chill by herself in private rather than give you a cold shoulder on the public deck.
jmitzel

Post by jmitzel »

nexlevels wrote:
jmitzel wrote:
nexlevels wrote:
jmitzel wrote:
I don't...only one.
Right on...

No worries...

She should have been a bit more polite, I guess, if that was her reaction to you.

She probably had her own private area to chill by herself in private rather than give you a cold shoulder on the public deck.
HA, true!
Last edited by jmitzel on Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
redinthesky
A really important Kiss fan!
A really important Kiss fan!

Post by redinthesky »

I'm by no means a fan of Shannon's, actually I think she's a talentless gold-digger whose beauty is quite overrated by Gene. But was "Why hello Shannon!" really the best greeting you could come up with? Sounds like a mocking to be honest.
Deleted User 2073

Post by Deleted User 2073 »

She was probably drunk!
8)
John Henneberfer

Post by John Henneberfer »

nexlevels wrote:
jmitzel wrote:
nexlevels wrote:
jmitzel wrote:
I don't...only one.
Right on...
No worries...

If encountering KISS fans is undesirable, she should avoid going om cruises specifically set up for KISS fans.
jmitzel

Post by jmitzel »

redinthesky wrote:

I'm by no means a fan of Shannon's, actually I think she's a talentless gold-digger whose beauty is quite overrated by Gene. But was "Why hello Shannon!" really the best greeting you could come up with? Sounds like a mocking to be honest.

UMMM, it's called being polite. Didn't realize I was suppose to "kiss her ass" in a hello greeting.
Deleted User 2073

Post by Deleted User 2073 »

Not a fan of Shannon. There, I said it.
8) :drunken: :arrow:
Don't hate her but I'm not crazy bout her either. Maybe its the Botox muppet lips & wine guzzling.
Still - I'll give her the benefit of the doubt since she spends time with G$ !
:oops:
frehley freak
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by frehley freak »

I would not be offended if I met a celebrity and they said "Im really not feeling it right now, but I dont want to be bothered." Ignorance is much more annoying and disrespectful.
jmitzel

Post by jmitzel »

frehley freak wrote:I would not be offended if I met a celebrity and they said "Im really not feeling it right now, but I dont want to be bothered." Ignorance is much more annoying and disrespectful.
Yes, exactly!
RINGLEADER

Post by RINGLEADER »

She's still bitter the show was cancelled...........
GBKLP
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by GBKLP »

You are not entitled to anyone's time. Just because someone is a celebrity doesn't mean you should walk up to them, start talking, and expect them to give you a conversation or even a reply.
jmitzel

Post by jmitzel »

GBKLP wrote:You are not entitled to anyone's time. Just because someone is a celebrity doesn't mean you should walk up to them, start talking, and expect them to give you a conversation or even a reply.
I didn't walk up to her...we were passing each other and I simply said hello...

What is so tough about saying hi back????
RINGLEADER

Post by RINGLEADER »

jmitzel wrote:
GBKLP wrote:You are not entitled to anyone's time. Just because someone is a celebrity doesn't mean you should walk up to them, start talking, and expect them to give you a conversation or even a reply.

GBKLP and Shannon would be perfect for each other............
jmitzel

Post by jmitzel »

RINGLEADER wrote:
jmitzel wrote:

GBKLP and Shannon would be perfect for each other............
Agreed. :?
Strutter67

Post by Strutter67 »

John Henneberfer wrote:
nexlevels wrote:
jmitzel wrote:
nexlevels wrote:
jmitzel wrote:
I don't...only one.
Right on...
No worries...

If encountering KISS fans is undesirable, she should avoid going om cruises specifically set up for KISS fans.

This times 10
Shane_Penney

Post by Shane_Penney »

I agree with this 100%. Celebs owe fans nothing on their private time.

But he just said "Hi". Some people are naturally polite...while some are not. Sadly, if you are polite and cheerful, you don't know how other people are in advance. Celebrity or not, it's common decency to at least acknowledge a "Hi" with something more than a low grunt. That's the way that I see it.

I would have said hi as well. But I would have said hi if it was Jimmy from Indiana. In the end, she's just the wife of one quarter of the band. Family Jewels is irrelevant to me. It wouldn't have mattered to me if she ignored me.
hooligan 69
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by hooligan 69 »

She is a Bitch. I have a story anyone could go to old press archives to verify as it made the front page of many national newspapers. I was at the reunion concert at the Medowlands on New Years Eve 1996 , the concert where they went on with Dick Clark via video screen. I was in the front row next to Seb Bach and his girl and there was this familiar looking Blond to the side I noticed. I remember Shannon from the soft porn HBO "Body Chemistry". Anyways a friend of mind was seated to her left and my girl at the time went to the ladies room, he motioned for me so I went off to the side and let my buddy have some front row action and took his seat next to her for a couple of songs and let me tell you she smelled like a chimney and chain smoked the entire time I was next to her . I never bothered to to greet her as she had this miserable hard look on her face.

During a song, Gene got on one knee and was just doing his tongue thing to some bimbo and all of a sudden I get hit with a purse upside the head (she grabbed it aggressively and it felt as if she had a brick in it) and she says to me "Fuck him , he can have her" and she left right there and then storming out of the Arena. I couldn't believe it being this was his stage act. I drove back to R.I. a day or so later and I was shocked to see it on the top front page of the Providence Journal with a complete story of her behaviors.

The article was called "KISS SIMMONS IN DOGHOUSE AFTER LONGTIME LOVER WALKS OUT" I was in alot of papers, I could go to the library get a copy and post it. I know it was in all the papers although I only read The Rhode Island paper as I was staying there at the time.
winterland
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by winterland »

why should a "celebrity" and Shannon has an extremely slim claim to that, be exempt from common manners? i could see it if someone were shouting, taking photos or demanding autographs but a simple greeting should be returned celebrity or not. if i met someone in everyday life that acted that way i wouldn't appreciate it and when you consider the fans are the ones lining gene's pockets so she can live the high life it is even more rude. literally biting the hand that feeds you and in this economy to boot.
Ace The Plumber

Post by Ace The Plumber »

Shane_Penney wrote:

But he just said "Hi". Some people are naturally polite...while some are not. Sadly, if you are polite and cheerful, you don't know how other people are in advance. Celebrity or not, it's common decency to at least acknowledge a "Hi" with something more than a low grunt. That's the way that I see it.

I would have said hi as well. But I would have said hi if it was Jimmy from Indiana. In the end, she's just the wife of one quarter of the band. Family Jewels is irrelevant to me. It wouldn't have mattered to me if she ignored me.
it wasn't private time, she was on a boat loaded with KISS fans for crying out loud..LOL
Shane_Penney

Post by Shane_Penney »

Ace The Plumber wrote:
Shane_Penney wrote:

it wasn't private time, she was on a boat loaded with KISS fans for crying out loud..LOL
It was a general statement. She did know what she was in for on that boat.

But 95% of my post commented on the fact that she should have used common manners.
KeithAllen1

Post by KeithAllen1 »

redinthesky wrote:I'm by no means a fan of Shannon's, actually I think she's a talentless gold-digger whose beauty is quite overrated by Gene.
I wouldn't say she's talentless. I mean, doesn't appearing nude in magazines and softcore porn films account for anything? And in this case, beauty is not in the eye of the beholder but in the hands of a plastic surgeon. :lol:
Strutter67

Post by Strutter67 »

This is disturbing since she seemed so nice on the show. This and Sean Delaney saying what a prick Gene is all the time. Makes one wonder why Paul puts up with it like he does. But then again it could be why Paul gives Gene so much hell sometimes. And could be why Paul wasn't interested in being on Family Jewels because he knew it was total bullshit because Gene and Shannon are serious assholes. Paul did say "once the cameras come on the reality goes away". Could this be what he was talking about?
Robdaddy

Post by Robdaddy »

She should have been ignored from the start.

Seriously.

And that's not a dig at the OP at all. It's just a general wish, where I'd like everyone to ignore these pseudo-"celebrities" that really aren't worth anyone's time, adoration, etc. There's a big difference between trying to meet someone like Gene Simmons and someone like Shannon...or a Kardashian...or people like that.

I think if we just stayed away from those "celebs" on a regular basis (in person, by not clicking on stories about them, etc.), the world would be a better place.
hooligan 69
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by hooligan 69 »

jmitzel wrote:

You are an ignorant bastard. Is this all you do post bullshit?

jmitzel,
She is a bitch, I had a publicized incident with her myself in 96 at a very important concert for Kiss. You did nothing wrong and take comments from where they come from. What you are referring to is just plain politeness. There is nothing wrong with exchanging a harmless hello and if it not for people like you.."She wouldn't be on that cruise". She should of went out of her way to extend a warm hello. You should of through her overboard!

I called her a physco! (see my post)
hooligan 69
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by hooligan 69 »

winterland wrote:
why should a "celebrity" and Shannon has an extremely slim claim to that, be exempt from common manners? i could see it if someone were shouting, taking photos or demanding autographs but a simple greeting should be returned celebrity or not. if i met someone in everyday life that acted that way i wouldn't appreciate it and when you consider the fans are the ones lining gene's pockets so she can live the high life it is even more rude. literally biting the hand that feeds you and in this economy to boot.
EXACTLY

AGREED 100%
winterland
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by winterland »

Robdaddy wrote:She should have been ignored from the start.

Seriously.

And that's not a dig at the OP at all. It's just a general wish, where I'd like everyone to ignore these pseudo-"celebrities" that really aren't worth anyone's time, adoration, etc. There's a big difference between trying to meet someone like Gene Simmons and someone like Shannon...or a Kardashian...or people like that.

I think if we just stayed away from those "celebs" on a regular basis (in person, by not clicking on stories about them, etc.), the world would be a better place.
i couldn't agree more. we live in a fucked up time there's a whole lot of people who are famous and have done absolutely nothing. even the ones who do something mostly suck at it because they have no talent. i wouldn't give a hoot in hell for 99% of todays actors and musicians. the majority of music, TV and movies today sucks it's like somebody drained the talent pool.
Robdaddy

Post by Robdaddy »

I will add, though, that yes...the least she could do is have some common courtesy. She wasn't going to be required to spend an hour discussing life's intimate details. Just hi...a smile..a few words...and move on.

Especially when this isn't someone catching her around town in LA with family...or at a doctor's appointment...or having lunch with mom, etc. It was a goddamn Kiss Kruise, and if you're out and about, people are probably going to say hi.

Plastic, G-list "celebrity"
KISSINWPG
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by KISSINWPG »

I met her once. She was nice and not disrespectful. Maybe because this was last year and I was 14.
jmitzel

Post by jmitzel »

Shane_Penney wrote:
Ace The Plumber wrote:
Shane_Penney wrote:

It was a general statement. She did know what she was in for on that boat.

But 95% of my post commented on the fact that she should have used common manners.
Yes she does! She was on it the KISS Kruise last year also.
Robdaddy

Post by Robdaddy »

KISSINWPG wrote:I met her once. She was nice and not disrespectful. Maybe because this was last year and I was 14.

She wanted to suck the youth out of your body and bottle it to save herself from more horrible surgery.

Everyone has their moments. I'm sure she's had just as many good encounters with people as bad ones. But for someone like her, who really has just fallen ass backwards into her "accomplishments", she should find a way to make those bad encounters VERY few and far between.
Little Caesar
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Little Caesar »

It wouldnt be the first time in history a chick who posed naked was a bitch. :lol:
Bubba
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Bubba »

When I met her she was really nice and even put her arms over my shoulders for the photo which made me start laughing.. But I guess I didn't call her a bitch, maybee try another technique?.. Surprised she did not say hi though cause she is usually friendly.
jmitzel

Post by jmitzel »

Bubba wrote:When I met her she was really nice and even put her arms over my shoulders for the photo which made me start laughing.. But I guess I didn't call her a bitch, maybee try another technique?.. Surprised she did not say hi though cause she is usually friendly.
I did try another technique...of being nice twice!
rockgod
Banned

Post by rockgod »

Better yet, you should send this story to Paul Stanley.
jmitzel

Post by jmitzel »

rockgod wrote:

Better yet, you should send this story to Paul Stanley.
:)