Kiss Kruise 2011 - YOUR reviews!

The broadest possible category for KISS discussion. Everything to do with KISS and its members, past and present. Posts offering bootleg, pirate, or illegal items, or links to those items, will be deleted. Please refer to the Terms Of Service (TOS) for this site for maximum board experience. Should any post contain material that violates your copyright, please follow the instructions on the DMCA takedown notice page.
sugardaddy
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Re: Kiss Kruise 2011 - YOUR reviews!

Post by sugardaddy »

This was definitely a highlight in my 33 years of being a KISS fan. I wish everyone on here could have experienced it. It was a great moment. Some of the best were:
1) KISS playing never before played songs live
2) Hanging out with the KISS Navy and making new friends
3) Going jet skiing for the first time
4) Playing blackjack with Doc McGee for 4 nights straight and Andy the CEO of Sixthman (nice fella)
5) Seeing my buddy, Donnie, have a better time than me, especially after his brother was killed 2 months ago and buried in a KISS casket.
6) Of course, getting our pic made with KISS

As I type this I feel like I'm on the boat. I'm a bit wobbly. There was a moment on the first concert when KISS played Shout It Out Loud and the pix of all the fans came up on the screen. It sent chills up my spine. I truly felt that I was a part of something bigger than just a band and its fans. You MUST go next year.
JCruz74
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by JCruz74 »

Wish I could of been there. Maybe next year.
lorakiss
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by lorakiss »

Here's the jacket I managed to get Paul to sign. Actually, my fiance got it signed. Staff were saying "NO Autographs at all", but she asked Paul, and he very nicely said, "Yes".
Attachments
untitled jacket.jpg
untitled jacket.jpg (536.17 KiB) Viewed 818 times
aceshigh
Banned

Post by aceshigh »

lorakiss wrote:Here's the jacket I managed to get Paul to sign. Actually, my fiance got it signed. Staff were saying "NO Autographs at all", but she asked Paul, and he very nicely said, "Yes".

Very nice. One more and u have what was the greatest band in the world.
lorakiss
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by lorakiss »

Actually, the jacket had already been signed by all four. Paul and Peter's sigs are on the bottom, but faded to the point where you can barely spot them. Gene's sig is over his head. Pink on Pink, really hard to see. I managed to get Paul to re-sign, got Peter to re-sign at the Chiller Theater convention, and would like to get Gene to re-sign at some point.

I should have Ace re-sign just for the hell of it, and this way the jacket will have been signed by the original four TWICE!!
cwr18
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post by cwr18 »

This is me outside my room on Saturday and there is Paul who just signed our door sign. My spouse took the pic after requesitng permission and receiving it. Paul was going to soundcheck. Serendipity. :)
IMG_1104.JPG
IMG_1104.JPG (944.54 KiB) Viewed 785 times
Australia1980
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Australia1980 »

lorakiss wrote:Here's the jacket I managed to get Paul to sign. Actually, my fiance got it signed. Staff were saying "NO Autographs at all", but she asked Paul, and he very nicely said, "Yes".
THAT JACKET IS BAD ASS.

The first album cover totally lends itself to being on the back of a black leather jacket. Perfection.
lorakiss
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by lorakiss »

Thanks for the kind words. Yeah, the artist did a killer job on it. It's a fav or mine. I have over 100 copies of this album. I guess I am a fan of the music and the artwork.
acesmiddlefinger
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Post by acesmiddlefinger »

[quote="sugardaddy"]This was definitely a highlight in my 33 years of being a KISS fan. I wish everyone on here could have experienced it. It was a great moment. Some of the best were:

5) Seeing my buddy, Donnie, have a better time than me, especially after his brother was killed 2 months ago and buried in a KISS casket.quote]

SD this in a nutshell says it all for me,having the time of your life and still able to appreciate what it meant to your friend.

Im glad youre a KISS fan mate!!
Australia1980
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Australia1980 »

lorakiss wrote:Thanks for the kind words. Yeah, the artist did a killer job on it. It's a fav or mine. I have over 100 copies of this album. I guess I am a fan of the music and the artwork.
Good lord. Why do need so many? Or did you actually wear out 99 vinyl albums? 8)
lorakiss
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by lorakiss »

They are all DIFFERENT copies. At least different enough to me :oops:

They are from many different countries, UK, Phillippines, Korea, Japan, U.S., Australia, Germany, Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Italy, etc.

I am trying to track down as many different pressings as possible.
cwr18

Post by cwr18 »

Another minor story...we are on the shuttle from the shore back to the ship on Day 2-- Half Moon Cay. It is about a 15-minute ride. We are chatting with the couple next to us-- he's a fireman in NY and we are talking about the guy the day before who was on stage in the Q&A with his fire helmet. Eventually I stand up and take a pic of them and then another with my spouse in the pic. Once we dock, a guy says, "Do you know Eric was sitting right behind you the entire time?" Here are the pics! He was chilling with his girl. No one messed with him and I was oblivious. Such was the Kruise.
IMG_1073.JPG
IMG_1073.JPG (102.36 KiB) Viewed 1628 times
IMG_1072.jpg
IMG_1072.jpg (100.43 KiB) Viewed 1628 times
IMG_1069.jpg
IMG_1069.jpg (98.28 KiB) Viewed 1628 times
futon
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by futon »

cwr18 wrote:Another minor story...we are on the shuttle from the shore back to the ship on Day 2-- Half Moon Cay. It is about a 15-minute ride. We are chatting with the couple next to us-- he's a fireman in NY and we are talking about the guy the day before who was on stage in the Q&A with his fire helmet. Eventually I stand up and take a pic of them and then another with my spouse in the pic. Once we dock, a guy says, "Do you know Eric was sitting right behind you the entire time?" Here are the pics! He was chilling with his girl. No one messed with him and I was oblivious. Such was the Kruise.
IMG_1073.JPG
IMG_1072.jpg
IMG_1069.jpg

Cool! I took a pic of him when he went to the beach. No one approached him then either due to his security guy, then as my wife and I walked back to the bar he was behind us. You want to say hi but can't... :)
cwr18

Post by cwr18 »

futon wrote:
cwr18 wrote:Another minor story...we are on the shuttle from the shore back to the ship on Day 2-- Half Moon Cay. It is about a 15-minute ride. We are chatting with the couple next to us-- he's a fireman in NY and we are talking about the guy the day before who was on stage in the Q&A with his fire helmet. Eventually I stand up and take a pic of them and then another with my spouse in the pic. Once we dock, a guy says, "Do you know Eric was sitting right behind you the entire time?" Here are the pics! He was chilling with his girl. No one messed with him and I was oblivious. Such was the Kruise.
IMG_1073.JPG
IMG_1072.jpg
IMG_1069.jpg

Cool! I took a pic of him when he went to the beach. No one approached him then either due to his security guy, then as my wife and I walked back to the bar he was behind us. You want to say hi but can't... :)

:) Later saw him in the hall and found him totally approachable and his security guy just stepped back while we chatted briefly and I gave him a binder of pics. The whole experience was cool. I would do it again. Next time, bro, you and sugardaddy have gotta hook up with us!
redinthesky
A really important Kiss fan!
A really important Kiss fan!

Post by redinthesky »

Definitely glad you guys who attended had a great time and it's been fun reading about it :)
Pollux
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Pollux »

I have had and still have troubles to log in. Internal server errors and whatnot. I’m sure yo have heard all the juicy stories already but here’s some just in case. First of all, what a wonderful kruise this was. One of the best vocations and overall experiences I have ever had, thanks to 3 Kiss shows & amazing setlists. And I wouldn’t mind to visit Half Moon Cay again:) Number one Kiss experience for sure.

I met all band members. They really were in great spirits. You can see that from the pictures and videos. That good mood of theirs was infectious (hope this word does it:) They were kind enough to sign my albums, photos and my kruise program. They also talk about all sort of things very openly and they certainly were in no hurry. Like Paul said: Im here, I’m here, not going anywhereJ Paul said that he have decided to take surgery and fix his voice. I wished him good luck. Paul and Eric talk abut the songs they have been practicing for the kruise; Creaturs and many other great Songs - even Almost Human. Thats when my jaws dropped. If we’re lucky we will here great setlists in the future. They did agree on some of my favorites, some not saying that can’t satisfy everybody. Funny moment was When I suggested “Fits Like A Glove“ to be playd next time. Eric went: security, security, get this guy out now:) Talking Abut “bad Gene song”:) They said that there’s so many songs that sound great in albums but they haven’t been able to capture the energy that certain songs would need.

Tommy agreed that on a special event like Kiss kruise they should play even more of these “obscure” songs. Kiss kruise II is coming so more then. Doc’s q&a session was great. Funny and smart man, no doubt. Tons of activities on ship. Everything was well organized. Everything was just great. Met lot of people, people in Kiss’s organization, etc and made new friends. Chris, it was a pleasure to meet you and your lovely wife. Lorakiss, next time we talk more. And the pre-party! What a party. So well organized, the best hard rock DJ ever! All in all I can't ask much more.
cwr18

Post by cwr18 »

Pollux wrote:I have had and still have troubles to log in. Internal server errors and whatnot. I’m sure yo have heard all the juicy stories already but here’s some just in case. First of all, what a wonderful kruise this was. One of the best vocations and overall experiences I have ever had, thanks to 3 Kiss shows & amazing setlists. And I wouldn’t mind to visit Half Moon Cay again:) Number one Kiss experience for sure.

I met all band members. They really were in great spirits. You can see that from the pictures and videos. That good mood of theirs was infectious (hope this word does it:) They were kind enough to sign my albums, photos and my kruise program. They also talk about all sort of things very openly and they certainly were in no hurry. Like Paul said: Im here, I’m here, not going anywhereJ Paul said that he have decided to take surgery and fix his voice. I wished him good luck. Paul and Eric talk abut the songs they have been practicing for the kruise; Creaturs and many other great Songs - even Almost Human. Thats when my jaws dropped. If we’re lucky we will here great setlists in the future. They did agree on some of my favorites, some not saying that can’t satisfy everybody. Funny moment was When I suggested “Fits Like A Glove“ to be playd next time. Eric went: security, security, get this guy out now:) Talking Abut “bad Gene song”:) They said that there’s so many songs that sound great in albums but they haven’t been able to capture the energy that certain songs would need.

Tommy agreed that on a special event like Kiss kruise they should play even more of these “obscure” songs. Kiss kruise II is coming so more then. Doc’s q&a session was great. Funny and smart man, no doubt. Tons of activities on ship. Everything was well organized. Everything was just great. Met lot of people, people in Kiss’s organization, etc and made new friends. Chris, it was a pleasure to meet you and your lovely wife. Lorakiss, next time we talk more. And the pre-party! What a party. So well organized, the best hard rock DJ ever! All in all I can't ask much more.
As I stated earlier, the greatest piece was meeting guys like Pollux and lorakiss-- guys who are great fans and so cool! Petteri, all our best to your whole Crazy Finnish crew! :)
KISSFACE
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by KISSFACE »

pollux wrote:Paul said that he have decided to take surgery and fix his voice. I wished him good luck. Paul and Eric talk abut the songs they have been practicing for the kruise
Wow, he actually Said that? Good luck indeed, to the nth power!

If I had a few of those proverbial magic wishes, I'd spend one on Paul's voice. I hope modern medical science can prevail here and do the job without complication. Luck aside, I would expect he's gone to see the very best and they've screened him properly and found him to be a good candidate for a successful procedure and recovery.
Pollux
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Pollux »

KISSFACE wrote:
pollux wrote:Paul said that he have decided to take surgery and fix his voice. I wished him good luck. Paul and Eric talk abut the songs they have been practicing for the kruise

If I had a few of those proverbial magic wishes, I'd spend one on Paul's voice. I hope modern medical science can prevail here and do the job without complication. Luck aside, I would expect he's gone to see the very best and they've screened him properly and found him to be a good candidate for a successful procedure and recovery.
Yes he did. Lets hope there would be no complications & that he would recover well. I've understood that these sort of operations could be a bit risky. At sunday he flew to Boston to visit a doctor. I guess that healing will take months.
fissaman

Post by fissaman »

How did the subject of the voice arise ?

Did you flat out ask him about the deterioration in his voice and if he'd considered surgery?

Sounds like a risky thing to ask...
Pollux
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Pollux »

fissaman wrote:How did the subject of the voice arise ?

Did you flat out ask him about the deterioration in his voice and if he'd considered surgery?

Somebody asked something about how he is taking care of his voice. Don't remember exact words. Paul's answer however was plain and clear and certainly cought peoples attention. Thumps up for Paul.
Evo999

Post by Evo999 »

Pollux wrote:
KISSFACE wrote:

Yes he did. Lets hope there would be no complications & that he would recover well. I've understood that these sort of operations could be a bit risky. At sunday he flew to Boston to visit a doctor. I guess that healing will take months.
This could explain the Monster release delays.
Pollux
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Pollux »

Evo999 wrote:
Pollux wrote:
KISSFACE wrote:

This could explain the Monster release delays.
Maybe. However I was under the impression that Paul would do all the vocals for Monster now. He can certainly do atleast as good as he did with SB. No surgery will get Paul's voice back to the level it was, say, during PC, forexamble. I think that Paul takes surgery after Monster and that he wants to make sure he can go trough a long tour. Last summer tour they had, what, 15 shows. I witnesed the last show in N.Y. Pauls' voice was complety lost. It was terrible. Gene & others had to sing even Pauls verses. If there would have been say two, three or more shows on a Kiss Kruise, I think we would have noticed that in Pauls voice. He can now do ok for a show or two, but thats it.
fissaman

Post by fissaman »

Pollux wrote:

Somebody asked something about how he is taking care of his voice. Don't remember exact words. Paul's answer however was plain and clear and certainly cought peoples attention. Thumps up for Paul.

I'm surprised he was so candid about it - certainly not what I would have expected from him.

Thanks for clarifying it, though. 8)
bjohnsen74

Post by bjohnsen74 »

fissaman wrote:
Pollux wrote:

I'm surprised he was so candid about it - certainly not what I would have expected from him.

I agree, certainly not the Paul I assume him to be. Maybe no one really dared to ask him before and it remained an elephant in the room, or this was the right time to talk about it for Paul. Still, really out of character for Paul who I think of as an extremely private person and almost weird and superficial most of the times. Never really seemed to be much depth there, neither in lyrics or in conversation. I just assumed over time that there never really was more than one layer of paint to his personality.
futon
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by futon »

KISSFACE wrote:

Maybe that was what Doc referred to in the Q&A when he was asked why the band left after the second show and he said Paul went to Boston for a "voice thing". I hope it works out, but for the most part he sounded great on the Kruise shows.
dute
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by dute »

bjohnsen74 wrote:
fissaman wrote:
Pollux wrote:

I agree, certainly not the Paul I assume him to be. Maybe no one really dared to ask him before and it remained an elephant in the room, or this was the right time to talk about it for Paul. Still, really out of character for Paul who I think of as an extremely private person and almost weird and superficial most of the times. Never really seemed to be much depth there, neither in lyrics or in conversation. I just assumed over time that there never really was more than one layer of paint to his personality.
Unfortunately he's a private guy with a very public issue. He can't expect to go on tour and assume people aren't going to notice that his voice is on the decline. :lol:

That being said, kudos to him for not bullshitting people this time with a silly response like, "rock n roll isn't meant to be perfect". I'm sure he's assessed both the pros and cons to this. If he want to try to keep going though he either needs to sing within his means or try something else (that being, the surgery).
Kee
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by Kee »

Damn!

I'm amazed that Paul (and Doc) has finally spoken out about this issue. And the fact the he's getting a surgery (if it's indeed true) is great news to me.

I SO hope this'll turn out well.

Exciting.
Kulicker
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by Kulicker »

Reading this.... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vocal_fold_nodule

And you can see that this surgery is not undertaken lightly. The worse case scenario is that he won't be able to sing again.
Trance
Banned

Post by Trance »

Paul sounded so much better on the Kruise that I don't think he should chance the surgery.
ColdGin
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by ColdGin »

First of all thanks for all of you that were on the Kruise and let us know the details....you rule!

Have a maybe a stupid question...did the band were on the whole cruise or the just got there only for the concerts? I cannot imagine that they were eating breakfast and everybody around them asking for signatures....lol
futon
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by futon »

ColdGin wrote:First of all thanks for all of you that were on the Kruise and let us know the details....you rule!

Have a maybe a stupid question...did the band were on the whole cruise or the just got there only for the concerts? I cannot imagine that they were eating breakfast and everybody around them asking for signatures....lol
The band were on the boat the whole time until after the second show when they left from Nassau, in which during the Q&A Doc said Paul left to go to Boston for a ( I know I said voice earlier) a voice or throat thing, means the same anyways. They didn't leave the cabins, and Doc said this was the only thing they didn't like during the cruise, they otherwise liked the whole vibe and the old tunes. Doc said on the next cruise they want to work out a way to "mingle". Having said that, there is video of them leaving their cabins ( on the same 7'th deck as fans ) in full gear going to the shows, stuff like that. They also apparently signed people's cabin doors that were decorated.
I have no idea if the band were out and about aside from Eric, he went to the beach in half Moon Cay, had security with him so no one really approached him.

ColdGin
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by ColdGin »

futon wrote:
ColdGin wrote:First of all thanks for all of you that were on the Kruise and let us know the details....you rule!

The band were on the boat the whole time until after the second show when they left from Nassau, in which during the Q&A Doc said Paul left to go to Boston for a ( I know I said voice earlier) a voice or throat thing, means the same anyways. They didn't leave the cabins, and Doc said this was the only thing they didn't like during the cruise, they otherwise liked the whole vibe and the old tunes. Doc said on the next cruise they want to work out a way to "mingle". Having said that, there is video of them leaving their cabins ( on the same 7'th deck as fans ) in full gear going to the shows, stuff like that. They also apparently signed people's cabin doors that were decorated.
I have no idea if the band were out and about aside from Eric, he went to the beach in half Moon Cay, had security with him so no one really approached him.

Thanks buddy....very interesting stuff
sugardaddy
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by sugardaddy »

I was in the internet cafe on two separate occasions and KISS, the whole band, were eating behind a curtain. I pulled back the curtain a bit and there was a security guy sitting there. It was interesting seeing them all eating dinner and then breakfast together. Eric was sitting at the head of the table.

Also, Pauls voice did sound much better than previous tours and I told Doc that when I was playing blackjack with him.
cwr18

Post by cwr18 »

futon wrote:The band were on the boat the whole time until after the second show when they left from Nassau.
Eric actually stayed 'til the end. I saw him at breakfast on Sunday. Then, saw him get in his limo curbside Monday. What a great event! :) Glad you had a good time with your wife!
fissaman

Post by fissaman »

I'm loving hearing all the candid comments here...

Any more little tid bits you guys heard from Doc and crew ?
futon
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by futon »

cwr18 wrote:
futon wrote:The band were on the boat the whole time until after the second show when they left from Nassau.
Eric actually stayed 'til the end. I saw him at breakfast on Sunday. Then, saw him get in his limo curbside Monday. What a great event! :) Glad you had a good time with your wife!

I forgot that. The Sixthman people told me he was still on board and may show at the KISS Army members social but I didn't see him there. I was at the Internet cafe too and heard people behind that curtain and figured it was band related but not the band. Funny thing on the last day we had to walk through the area that was curtained off to get to the Internet cafe and it was another club/lounge, it had a lousy view and on that day at least stunk of sewage. Can't imagine the band liking the stink if it was there when they were there.
futon
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by futon »

fissaman wrote:I'm loving hearing all the candid comments here...

Any more little tid bits you guys heard from Doc and crew ?
Doc was asked during the q And a about pranks. He said Eric was scared to death of hurricanes so enroute to the ship he told Eric a Hurricane was in the forecast but if things got hairy on the ship he was working on a plan to get them off the ship and Eric was crapping himself. I guess Eric probably didn't like the heavy rain on the last night. :wink: