Help  •  Register  •  Login

NY POST BASH FEST - A&P: Anti-Semitic; Gene: No Mktg Genius

<<

gshaller

Post Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:42 pm

Re: NY POST BASH FEST - A&P: Anti-Semitic; Gene: No Mktg Gen

redinthesky wrote:My whole point is, even if it is something you don't like, you brush it off. The waiter may not have liked it (how do we even know if he laughed or not), but if he was smart, and sure of himself, he shrugged it off him.

I'm fairly certain there's NO relationship between how smart someone is and how much they get offended by racism.

You don't make a big case out of it.

Or maybe he had neither the brains nor the confidence to say "I'm a human being, dick. Knock it off with that racist shit."

And for Paul to bring up the waiter thing by Peter, when he took pics with Peter with them both in Nazi uniforms, is the height of hypocrisy.

Yup. No argument here.

And someone mentioned Paul and Kiss making black jokes at some point? I have no idea about that but if anyone knows what that was about I am curious.

People aren't consistent. Make no mistake, I'm not defending Paul's finger-pointing. I'm just saying that blanket statements about how people have gotten too sensitive seem ill-conceived.

And while you made light of it with your post about Irish jokes and therapy, I actually DO see people whose lives were fucked by that sort of stuff.

And I'm pretty honest with my clients; when there's shit I think they need to let go of, I say "I think you need to let go of this shit." But women really ARE paid less than men. Asians really DON'T get treated with respect in the workplace.
<<

redinthesky

Might as well be the Admin!

Post Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:47 pm

nightwingken wrote:
redinthesky wrote:My whole point is, even if it is something you don't like, you brush it off. The waiter may not have liked it (how do we even know if he laughed or not), but if he was smart, and sure of himself, he shrugged it off him.

I hope to hell he spit in their food.

Again...You seem to say that you won't let something small bother you, but one guy wearing the make up created by another guy that sold the make up to 2 other guys is something that has bothered you for 12 years now. When are you going to "brush it off"?

No, it'd be wrong to spit in their food. That's Jesse Jackson stuff (and he did it unprovoked). But it could have happened. The lesson there is, always be very kind to those who are serving you food. I always try to be super-polite.

The makeup....I've said here long ago it doesn't bother me anymore, but even when it did, that's a different kind of bother, wouldn't you agree? I simply didn't like it, it wasn't something I thought about or affected me. That's like me saying, it really bothers me that they made so many bad (IMO) changes to Superman in 'Man of Steel.' I don't like it, but it doesn't really affect me personally. Like the makeup.
<<

redinthesky

Post Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:49 pm

gshaller wrote:

I'm fairly certain there's NO relationship between how smart someone is and how much they get offended by racism.

You don't make a big case out of it.

Or maybe he had neither the brains nor the confidence to say "I'm a human being, dick. Knock it off with that racist shit."

And for Paul to bring up the waiter thing by Peter, when he took pics with Peter with them both in Nazi uniforms, is the height of hypocrisy.

Yup. No argument here.

And someone mentioned Paul and Kiss making black jokes at some point? I have no idea about that but if anyone knows what that was about I am curious.

People aren't consistent. Make no mistake, I'm not defending Paul's finger-pointing. I'm just saying that blanket statements about how people have gotten too sensitive seem ill-conceived.

And while you made light of it with your post about Irish jokes and therapy, I actually DO see people whose lives were fucked by that sort of stuff.

And I'm pretty honest with my clients; when there's shit I think they need to let go of, I say "I think you need to let go of this shit." But women really ARE paid less than men. Asians really DON'T get treated with respect in the workplace.

All good. We disagree on some things and agree on others. No biggie. I just wanted to make clear in general I wasn't saying cruelty is ok.

And yes, the Princess got the plans....and it took an old man to make everything a success! (Had to get that in there.)
Last edited by redinthesky on Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

gshaller

Post Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:49 pm

Are you drunk again?
<<

redinthesky

Post Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:51 pm

gshaller wrote:Are you drunk again?

Just drunk on life. (And Guinness occasionally.)
<<

gshaller

Post Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:53 pm

Anyway the real hero of Star Wars is the "hold your fire - there's no life forms" dude.
<<

TheSphinx

Ace Frehley is...
Ace Frehley is...

Post Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:54 pm

gshaller wrote:And I'm pretty honest with my clients; when there's shit I think they need to let go of, I say "I think you need to let go of this shit." But women really ARE paid less than men. Asians really DON'T get treated with respect in the workplace.

I love these myths. Especially the first one.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/realspin/20 ... -pay-myth/

I'm not going to debate that because this isn't the case.

But that's kinda like the same thing when people try and talk tour attendance or album sales etc... and they refuse to look at all the other factors. Like when far more money is spent promoting one....and 3 or 4 videos vs 1. Or paying opening acts more to draw in a bigger crowd VS opening acts who don't contribute at all. But that's what most KISS fans do. Same reason they will try and act like 1989 is the same as when GRUNGE took over... etc.
Last edited by TheSphinx on Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

nearlyhumanoid

Might as well be a member of the band!

Post Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:55 pm

Sigh. Gene is a money-grubbing publicity-starved jerk. Ace and Peter are a couple of not-too-bright musicians who've used drugs and alcohol to excess. And Paul was the real mastermind behind the spandex & fringes era of Kisstory, as well as everything else too. These revelations are hardly stunning to anyone who's followed this band through the years.

Labeling Ace & Peter as "anti-Semites" is a pretty low blow, but not unexpected given the mud-slinging these guys have been engaging in since forever. A great singer, songwriter and live performer, but his weirdly needy, pretentious, dismissive, condescending attitude along with his constant passive-aggressive pleas for "recognition" and "credit" is IMO nearly as off-putting as Gene's "moneybags" act or Peter's constant complaining.
<<

gshaller

Post Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:58 pm

TheSphinx wrote:
gshaller wrote:And I'm pretty honest with my clients; when there's shit I think they need to let go of, I say "I think you need to let go of this shit." But women really ARE paid less than men. Asians really DON'T get treated with respect in the workplace.

Here are the facts:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Male–female_income_disparity_in_the_United_States

Feel free to dispute them with actual numbers.
Good luck.
<<

TheSphinx

Ace Frehley is...
Ace Frehley is...

Post Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:59 pm

gshaller wrote:
TheSphinx wrote:

Here are the facts:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Male–female_income_disparity_in_the_United_States

Good luck.

Wikipedia! LOL Maybe we should take their facts ON KISS as well. From album sales etc. ha ha And the link I posted already ripped those b.s. "medium" studies apart. And that's exactly why I used the KISS examples I used.

Stick to stuff in the DSM.
Last edited by TheSphinx on Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

gshaller

Post Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:01 pm

TheSphinx wrote:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/realspin/20 ... -pay-myth/

I'm not going to debate that because

You'd lose?

Nowhere in that link does it actually dispel the FACT that women earn less. It poses a theory about why that might happen, but the numbers don't lie.
<<

gshaller

Post Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:01 pm

TheSphinx wrote:
gshaller wrote:
TheSphinx wrote:

Here are the facts:

Good luck.

Wikipedia! LOL Maybe we should take their facts ON KISS as well. From album sales etc. ha ha

You'd prefer kerrang?
<<

redinthesky

Post Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:02 pm

gshaller wrote:Anyway the real hero of Star Wars is the "hold your fire - there's no life forms" dude.

What, are we paying by the laser now?
<<

gshaller

Post Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:03 pm

redinthesky wrote:
gshaller wrote:Anyway the real hero of Star Wars is the "hold your fire - there's no life forms" dude.

What, are we paying by the laser now?

Lachaim!
<<

gabbagabba

Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:07 pm

TheSphinx wrote:
Wikipedia! LOL

Vinnie, save Wikipedia too, please 8)
<<

gshaller

Post Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:13 pm

gabbagabba wrote:
TheSphinx wrote:
Wikipedia! LOL

Alright, alright... let's not get personal.
<<

gabbagabba

Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:39 pm

gshaller wrote:
gabbagabba wrote:
TheSphinx wrote:
Wikipedia! LOL

Alright, alright... let's not get personal.

Ok, sorry.....Vinnie can hijack everything...I just asked him to save Wikipedia too, cause he's saying it's not a reliable source 8)
<<

gshaller

Post Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:42 pm

Very well.
<<

GermanKissFan

Stockholder in KISS Corp.
Stockholder in KISS Corp.

Post Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:53 pm

redinthesky wrote:
GermanKissFan wrote:
redinthesky wrote:In the 70's, racial humor was a lot more common because people had more of a backbone.

"BACKBONE"???

I think you have just disqualified yourself for all times to be ever taken serious by any of us ever again. "Braindead" is the only thing that comes to my mind when thinking about you. (Not that I have been a big fan of yours before, but I can't believe you just wrote this...)

That's fine, but what I said is true. Back then, people didn't whine and cry and be "offended" every time an off-color joke was made. That doesn't mean they had to laugh - it just wasn't the end of the world or anything to go nuts about. Because people had more backbone then.

" it just wasn't the end of the world or anything to go nuts about."

Unless you were black of course.

Or Jewish.

Or Asian.

Or from South America.

With a racist worldview like THIS, you MUST be WASP. Correct?
<<

lostinlimbo

KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:56 pm

Anti-Semitic

Whoa. I remember seeing Ace in the Nazi uniform. And as an Ace fan, I always hated that he would find humor in that. But for Paul Stanley to call Ace and Peter out as Anti-Semitic is loading up the big guns.
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/paul-stanley-believes-that-ace-frehley-and-peter-criss-are-anti-semitic/
<<

kissjrj

Ace Frehley is...
Ace Frehley is...

Post Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:58 pm

Re: Anti-Semitic

<<

MagicMtn

Family Jewels Cast Extra
Family Jewels Cast Extra

Post Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:03 pm

Re: Anti-Semitic

yawnnnnn.... yesterdays news
<<

PelagicJoe

Post Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:08 pm

redinthesky wrote:
GermanKissFan wrote:
redinthesky wrote:In the 70's, racial humor was a lot more common because people had more of a backbone.

"BACKBONE"???

I think you have just disqualified yourself for all times to be ever taken serious by any of us ever again. "Braindead" is the only thing that comes to my mind when thinking about you. (Not that I have been a big fan of yours before, but I can't believe you just wrote this...)

That's fine, but what I said is true. Back then, people didn't whine and cry and be "offended" every time an off-color joke was made. That doesn't mean they had to laugh - it just wasn't the end of the world or anything to go nuts about. Because people had more backbone then.

Red is 100% correct on this one. People weren't so sensitive back then.
<<

gshaller

Post Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:11 pm

GermanKissFan wrote:
redinthesky wrote:
GermanKissFan wrote:

"BACKBONE"???

Or Jewish.

Or Asian.

Or from South America.

No dude. Let's not go there.
<<

gshaller

Post Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:11 pm

PelagicJoe wrote:
redinthesky wrote:
GermanKissFan wrote:

"BACKBONE"???

No, they just didn't say anything.
Edit: Yes they did, in books.
<<

Location: I was in Las Vegas Nov 14-15 and didn't see KISS by choice.

Post Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:23 pm

Two blondes were walking down the street one said to the other............oh, ...I 'll save this one for later.
<<

Strutter67

Ace Frehley is...
Ace Frehley is...

Post Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:23 pm

GermanKissFan wrote:

"BACKBONE"???

Yea racial humor is ok because it's only humor. People should have thicker skin. Wow what a crock. Bullying is a serious issue in this country and people actually believe this shit? Teens are killing themselves or killing others because of physical and VERBAL abuse. I say have the backbone to not make jokes about other people at those people's expense. It's not funny. You sound like an ass when you do it and i won't associate with people who do that shit. Paul shouldn't be the one to STFU. It's people who condone this kind of behavior.
<<

Post Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:24 pm

GermanKissFan wrote:
redinthesky wrote:
GermanKissFan wrote:

"BACKBONE"???

Or Jewish.

Or Asian.

Or from South America.

Blackie??? Is that you?
<<

TheSphinx

Ace Frehley is...
Ace Frehley is...

Post Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:29 pm

PelagicJoe wrote:
redinthesky wrote:
GermanKissFan wrote:

"BACKBONE"???

There's no freedom of speech anymore. People whine about everything. People are offended about any and everything. College campuses where the most freedom of speech should be observed is the worst of all.

People whining about bumper sticks on kids trucks. You name it. Send him home from school.

Colleges now wanting to give the kids a heads up on some subjects that might offend them so they could skip those lectures, tests etc.

Outlets like SI and others whining about the Washington Redskins. Change this name... change that one.

Make a joke about fat people.... this that.....

The "R" word. The "N" word. You name it. Correctness says you can't even mention those things.

A white eagles player uses a word...people flip out. 90% of the other players on the team use it.

The "Oprah Rule" where only whites can be racist.

Lets go crush Paula Deen's career because she admitted to saying something 20 years ago. Crucify her.

Lets make the CEO of Firefox resign. Oh my, he gave $1000 contribution.

Where are the good old days when Fred Sanford could drop N bombs, honky bombs you name it. Sure miss the days of actual free speech. So must alot of people and that's why when movies like Ted do so well because they reek of incorrectness.

I too would love to hear/read all the black jokes members of KISS were making.

And does Paul call Gene anti-Semitic when he says stereotypical things for Jews? What about Bruce's wife? She used Jewish stereotypes? Does that mean she hated them?
<<

Forevertj

How many posts were really necessary?
How many posts were really necessary?

Post Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:30 pm

I think the thread needs locked. Too much anger. Let's try to be nice guys. The mods are getting tired of all the fighting. I don't blame them. I have greatly resisted the urge to lash out at some very annoying posts, but lately I have just been ignoring it. It is better than getting banned.
<<

HarleyQuinn

Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Location: Asgard, Gotham City, The Pride Lands, Detroit Rock City

Post Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:31 pm

nearlyhumanoid wrote:Sigh. Gene is a money-grubbing publicity-starved jerk. Ace and Peter are a couple of not-too-bright musicians who've used drugs and alcohol to excess. And Paul was the real mastermind behind the spandex & fringes era of Kisstory, as well as everything else too. These revelations are hardly stunning to anyone who's followed this band through the years.

Labeling Ace & Peter as "anti-Semites" is a pretty low blow, but not unexpected given the mud-slinging these guys have been engaging in since forever. A great singer, songwriter and live performer, but his weirdly needy, pretentious, dismissive, condescending attitude along with his constant passive-aggressive pleas for "recognition" and "credit" is IMO nearly as off-putting as Gene's "moneybags" act or Peter's constant complaining.

Yep.
<<

Post Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:32 pm

Forevertj wrote: I have greatly resisted the urge to lash out at some very annoying posts, but lately I have just been ignoring it. It is better than getting banned.

Hulk not smash?
<<

Trance

Post Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:37 pm

"Man Of Steel" is a terrible movie.
<<

MagicMtn

Family Jewels Cast Extra
Family Jewels Cast Extra

Post Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:40 pm

Paul Stanley will burn in hell for the LIES he's told!
<<

gshaller

Post Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:43 pm

Damn you, progress! Why do you have to make it so inconvenient for people to say racist crap any more?
<<

mborz

Post Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:44 pm

justcoz wrote:You also have to keep in mind that a 20-something Paul Stanley may not have seen anything insidious by Ace's (and to a lesser extent Peter's) Nazi fascination. He may have very well viewed it harmless racial/religious-based ribbing from bandmates that was meant to be funny. Just like we've all thought something was funny in college that we look back on and see the wrong in it. When he joined it he may have seen it as him goofing off with his bandmates and making Gene uncomfortable. He may have noticed more anti-semitism from Ace and Peter as the years went on. Dressing in Nazi garb and mimicking Hogan's Heroes at 26 is a lot different than Ace and Peter singing "I'm a Jew" during "I Want You" when they were pissed at Gene and Paul or calling them money grubbing Jews when everyone's in their 50s. You start to see it as more indicative of actual hate.

For the record, I think it's completely justified for people to have no problem that Paul currently feels the way he does about this topic.

Nor do I have a problem with people who think he's being inconsistent and want to call it out.

The reason I jumped in was because people shouldn't have to defend the fact that they posted the latter opinion. Disagreeing about opinions is completely cool, and one of the reasons I come here. But having to defend airing certain opinions is something I'll never understand, especially when that's one of the main reasons this place is here.

Note that none of this is directed at you juscoz, just clarifying.
<<

Tommyr

Post Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:45 pm

Calling Dr. Pepper wrote:Anti-semetic? Really?

That's just sad.

He's 2 faced. There's a photo of both Peter AND Paul in the same picture in Nazi uniforms.

All of a sudden he's pissed about it. He's turned old and diva.
Last edited by Tommyr on Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Ace of Spades

Family Jewels Cast Extra
Family Jewels Cast Extra

Post Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:45 pm

redinthesky wrote:And there were NO blacks in the whole movie too (way to go again with diversity, Lucas!)..

Maybe so, but Han Solo was originally cast as black. Billy Dee Williams even auditioned for the part, but another black man was chosen before Harrison Ford got the part.

Also, think about this.....Darth Vader's suit is black, and he is voiced by a black man. All of the stormtroopers are in white suits, and they serve under him. BLACK POWER.
<<

Tommyr

Post Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:46 pm

unionsoul wrote:Image

It sure seemed to really bother Ol' Paul back in the day, huh?

EXACTLY. Must suck having to shave 2 faces huh Paul?
<<

Post Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:46 pm

gshaller wrote:Damn you, progress! Why do you have to make it so inconvenient for people to say racist crap any more?

I know! It's so fucking gay........ :oops: oops!, sorry it's Ken Mills fault.
PreviousNext

Return to GENERAL KISS DISCUSSION