KISS on Spotify

The broadest possible category for KISS discussion. Everything to do with KISS and its members, past and present. Posts offering bootleg, pirate, or illegal items, or links to those items, will be deleted. Please refer to the Terms Of Service (TOS) for this site for maximum board experience. Should any post contain material that violates your copyright, please follow the instructions on the DMCA takedown notice page.
J-Lefty
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

KISS on Spotify

Post by J-Lefty »

I Was Made For Lovin You may be the bain of many KISS fans lives but it is by far KISS's most popular song on Spotify.

Note # 3 and 5 :D :P :shock:

To compare "Jump" 141
"Dream On" 179
"Kick Start My Heart" 72
sicksickphil
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Re: KISS on Spotify

Post by sicksickphil »

J-Lefty wrote:Image
I Was Made For Lovin You may be the bain of many KISS fans lives but it is by far KISS's most popular song on Spotify.

Note # 3 and 5 :D :P :shock:

To compare "Jump" 141
"Dream On" 179
"Kick Start My Heart" 72
Yeah but rnr all night is on WAY more albums and if you add the plays up odds are it gets played more.
J-Lefty

Post by J-Lefty »

pretty sure that includes all plays of that song. The alive! version only has 1.7 millions plays
redinthesky
A really important Kiss fan!
A really important Kiss fan!

Post by redinthesky »

Nothing wrong with #3 Heaven's on Fire and #5 Crazy Crazy Nights. "Heaven's on Fire" is the last great and lasting song Kiss has recorded, and "Crazy Crazy Nights" was a top-10 hit in the UK (and is a catchy single in general). So no surprise at all they'd be up there in clicks. Better them than "Forever" anytime.
ManifestBlasphemy
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by ManifestBlasphemy »

Not at all surprised by that list.
huuru
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by huuru »

J-Lefty wrote:Image

To compare "Jump" 141
"Dream On" 179
"Kick Start My Heart" 72
Or to Sweet Child O' Mine 358 000 000. GN'R has over 12 mil listeners per month.
KISS has 4..
sicksickphil

Post by sicksickphil »

J-Lefty wrote:pretty sure that includes all plays of that song. The alive! version only has 1.7 millions plays
Nope I have seen some groups have the same song in their list from different albums.
Four-Who-Are-One

Post by Four-Who-Are-One »

Most of those plays are probably from "best of the '70s" playlists and compilations.

I had a reality check once when I told someone I was interviewing Gene and she instantly burst into IWMFLY. To many non-fans that might as well be their only song.
gene therapist

Post by gene therapist »

I'm not surprised at all by the top 5. The biggest surprise is RARAN, which I don't think has ever been that big outside of North America.
atowntommy
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by atowntommy »

What was surprising to me when I opened up the top ten list was that four of the ten were non make up era.
slide
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by slide »

IWMFLY has had a number of generational resurgences—from dance mixes to tv and movie soundtracks. My kids (millennials and Gen Z’ers) know this song better than most of the KISS catalogue. They don’t even view it as “disco” because disco as we knew it in the 70s doesn’t exist anymore—it’s just a marketing label. TBH I didn’t find it to be ‘disco’ even back then. It’s called evolution of sound. It’s a damn good and underrated song imo—and it does not surprise me in the least to see that it’s getting the most plays. :lol:
Ikons

Post by Ikons »

slide wrote:IWMFLY has had a number of generational resurgences—from dance mixes to tv and movie soundtracks. My kids (millennials and Gen Z’ers) know this song better than most of the KISS catalogue. They don’t even view it as “disco” because disco as we knew it in the 70s doesn’t exist anymore—it’s just a marketing label. TBH I didn’t find it to be ‘disco’ even back then. It’s called evolution of sound. It’s a damn good and underrated song imo—and it does not surprise me in the least to see that it’s getting the most plays. :lol:
Yup it's still a pretty popular "retro" song. I requested it at a karaoke bar recently because it's the only KISS song they had, and young and old sang along.