Help  •  Register  •  Login

KISS' FAKE FACEBOOK #'S VS. U2?

<<

vinniestkulick

Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:16 pm

KISS' FAKE FACEBOOK #'S VS. U2?

AM I THE ONLY ONE THAT THINK'S KISS IS WAYYYYYY FUDGING THEIR SOCIAL MEDIA NUMBERS?
EXAMPLES:
+ KISS HAS AN ASTONISHING 20 MILLION FOLLOWERS ON FACEBOOK... [fb number corrected below!]
+ BUT SOMEHOW U2 HAS LESS WITH 17 MILLION?

Right...

MEANWHILE...
+ KISS HAS A MORE REALISTIC (BUT STILL SUSPECT) 4 MILLION MONTHLY FOLLOWERS ON SPOTIFY vs
+ 9 MILLION FOR U2...

Is there anyone anywhere buying this but the HELLO KITTY or DYNAMITE COMICS licensing people?

MEANWHILE PART 2:
+ MONSTER HAS SCANNED 150,000 UNITS IN 5 YEARS
+ U2'S "SONGS OF EXPERIENCE" HAS SCANNED ABOUT 300,000 in 5 WEEKS.

MATH ANYONE? If you doubt the fudge, here, check out the SUNDAY 1/28 NY TIMES story (front page) re: "BUYING ON LINE INFLUENCE..." and the phony views people are paying for.
Last edited by vinniestkulick on Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

KrazySwede

Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Post Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:09 pm

Re: KISS' FAKE FACEBOOK #'S VS. U2?

A lot of old people on Facebook - KISS has more old fans than U2....there's your answer.....
<<

poppytwist1

KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:39 pm

KrazySwede wrote:A lot of old people on Facebook - KISS has more old fans than U2....there's your answer.....

Because U2's fans are snap-chatting teenagers still, right?

No.
<<

Uzi_of_Ooze

Post Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:00 pm

Facebook likes don't surprise me. It doesn't cost anything to "like" something. After any TV appearance I'm sure someone casually clicks "like on KISS' page with no intent of ever spending a dime. I wonder how many likes the band picked up during the Family Jewels run.
<<

kissthat

Might as well be the Admin!
Might as well be the Admin!

Post Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:15 pm

:lol:

Taken straight from(as of this posting) KISS FB

12,695,577 people like this

11,256,954 people follow this
<<

KrazySwede

Post Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:04 am

poppytwist1 wrote:
KrazySwede wrote:A lot of old people on Facebook - KISS has more old fans than U2....there's your answer.....

Because U2's fans are snap-chatting teenagers still, right?

No.

Didn't say that, did I?
<<

KrazySwede

Post Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:12 am

kissthat wrote::lol:

Taken straight from(as of this posting) KISS FB

12,695,577 people like this

11,256,954 people follow this

Just checked U2's fb-numbers/

17 440 102 personer gillar detta (likes)

15 752 716 personer följer detta (followers)

Seems the OP's numbers (for KISS) are off a bit......

Btw, God - it's been a long time I was on facebook......might just give KISS a like to help them a bit.....
<<

elleneff

Post Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:12 am

vinniestkulick wrote:
AM I THE ONLY ONE THAT THINK'S KISS IS WAYYYYYY FUDGING THEIR SOCIAL MEDIA NUMBERS?
EXAMPLES:
+ KISS HAS AN ASTONISHING 20 MILLION FOLLOWERS ON FACEBOOK...
+ BUT SOMEHOW U2 HAS LESS WITH 17 MILLION?

Right...

MEANWHILE...
+ KISS HAS A MORE REALISTIC (BUT STILL SUSPECT) 4 MILLION MONTHLY FOLLOWERS ON SPOTIFY vs
+ 9 MILLION FOR U2...

Is there anyone anywhere buying this but the HELLO KITTY or DYNAMITE COMICS licensing people?

MEANWHILE PART 2:
+ MONSTER HAS SCANNED 150,000 UNITS IN 5 YEARS
+ U2'S "SONGS OF EXPERIENCE" HAS SCANNED ABOUT 300,000 in 5 WEEKS.

MATH ANYONE? If you doubt the fudge, here, check out the SUNDAY 1/28 NY TIMES story (front page) re: "BUYING ON LINE INFLUENCE..." and the phony views people are paying for.

Russian bots fudging Kiss' numbers.

Apparently its the thing these days.
<<

kissjrj

Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:19 am

Facebook is so 7 years ago.
<<

That 70s Guy

Post Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:24 am

Does the KISS FB page still have clickbait?
<<

Pete2174

Stockholder in KISS Corp.
Stockholder in KISS Corp.

Post Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:24 am

Err?

Who the hell cares? It's just fu**ing facebook!
<<

nibbler1982

Post Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:11 am

The OPs numbers are woefully off. It doesn’t take but a moment to get the correct information. Either the original intent was to deceive or a total lack of pride in the research put forth.
Attachments
2FDBE26F-CDE6-4739-8731-AA2843F7951B.jpeg
B0D332DB-CB1D-42B7-B2C7-46C973FDA2F3.jpeg
<<

Thunderous_Lay

Post Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:15 am

Pete2174 wrote:Err?

Who the hell cares? It's just fu**ing facebook!

I was going to type this as well.

Anyone can pretend to be a fan of a band like Kiss or U2 in Facebook, Twitter, whatever, which is why I like places such as this. Wannabe fans are not likely to come here after perusing about the band for five minutes or so in Wikipedia, if only because they never were that invested to begin with.
<<

vinniestkulick

Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:49 am

I stand corrected. KISS are now at 12M. I like facts as much as anyone and welcome scrutiny of all of my numbers... I still think their purported 12M is a stretch. Considering Spotify, etc. Twitter seems less tolerant of fake followers, where KISS has only 1.5M. That's quite the disparity vs. Facebook!
Last edited by vinniestkulick on Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:43 am, edited 3 times in total.
<<

vinniestkulick

Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:55 am

nibbler1982 wrote:The OPs numbers are woefully off. It doesn’t take but a moment to get the correct information. Either the original intent was to deceive or a total lack of pride in the research put forth.

Your use of a plural "numbers" is woefully off, dude. One number was off... feel free to challenge me on all other numbers here. I'm intentionally sharing public numbers so it's not like I am hiding anything that can't be verified (other than soundscan). I've corrected myself. and went further with a twitter comparison of 1.5 M vs 12 M. Nothing woefully off with KISS' numbers at all! :drunken:
<<

goinblind

Post Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:30 am

KISS always has been and always will be about fake news!
Last edited by goinblind on Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

JMac67

Might as well be a member of the band!
Might as well be a member of the band!

Post Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:34 am

vinniestkulick wrote:
nibbler1982 wrote:The OPs numbers are woefully off. It doesn’t take but a moment to get the correct information. Either the original intent was to deceive or a total lack of pride in the research put forth.

Your use of a plural "numbers" is woefully off, dude. One number was off... feel free to challenge me on all other numbers here. I'm intentionally sharing public numbers so it's not like I am hiding anything that can't be verified (other than soundscan). I've corrected myself. and went further with a twitter comparison of 1.5 M vs 12 M. Nothing woefully off with KISS' numbers at all! :drunken:

You forget to mention that facebook has nearly 2 billion active users while Twitter has around 300 million. It stands to figure that a band would have many more facebook followers than twitter followers.
<<

nibbler1982

Post Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:38 pm

vinniestkulick wrote:

Great...I’m happy you took the time to correct yourself.

Okay...we’ll take your word for it that there was no intent to deceive.

We’ll just chalk it up to shoddy research and lack of pride in one’s presentation.
<<

vinniestkulick

Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:00 pm

nibbler1982 wrote:
vinniestkulick wrote:

We’ll just chalk it up to shoddy research and lack of pride in one’s presentation.

Keep going skippy. You are showing your true colors. I fixed my ONE mistake (which might not have been... keep reading). You suggested there were more. Prove it. If you bothered to pick up a newspaper you'd know the fake social numbers thing is getting real... this just in from the NY TIMES this hour: "Prominent Twitter users saw over a million followers vanish in recent days after a Times report on fake accounts prompted investigations." The FTC is actually looking into this stuff. Mock me all day long. I looked one day and could swear the number was 20M, and the next it's not. I can't prove it changed in a day, but that's what's happening on Twitter, at least. All of a sudden BOTH U2 and KISS are down TO 1.5M twitter followers. Does that sound right to anyone? It sounds low for both... even to me. It's changing in real time. If anyone is interested in what's actually happening, click here: https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/201 ... tions.html
<<

nibbler1982

Post Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:16 pm

vinniestkulick wrote:
nibbler1982 wrote:
vinniestkulick wrote:

Keep going skippy. You are showing your true colors. I fixed my ONE mistake (which might not have been... keep reading). You suggested there were more. Prove it. If you bothered to pick up a newspaper you'd know the fake social numbers thing is getting real... this just in from the NY TIMES this hour: "Prominent Twitter users saw over a million followers vanish in recent days after a Times report on fake accounts prompted investigations." The FTC is actually looking into this stuff. Mock me all day long. I looked one day and could swear the number was 20M, and the next it's not. I can't prove it changed in a day, but that's what's happening on Twitter, at least. All of a sudden BOTH U2 and KISS are down TO 1.5M twitter followers. Does that sound right to anyone? It sounds low for both... even to me. It's changing in real time. If anyone is interested in what's actually happening, click here: https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/201 ... tions.html

Well at least we got to the bottom of it. It said 20mil one day...you reported it correctly...and then the next day they changed it on you.

Here I was think it was shoddy research. Boy do I have egg on my face.
<<

Klankh79

Post Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:12 pm

nibbler1982 wrote:Here I was think it was shoddy research. Boy do I have egg on my face.

.....ill bet thats not the only viscous, translucent substance you've had on your face over the years.....
<<

KISSFACE

Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!
Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!

Post Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:41 pm

Are you suspicious of Taylor Swift's 70 Million Facebook followers, too? She's selling a lot of albums, in the 5-10 million range each time out, but she's got like 70 million followers!? I keep thinking that's a poor ratio of support for so many people tracking her every move. Then again, she's something to look at if you've never heard a note of hers, so maybe that 70 million is legit for the sheer spectacle. Maybe KISS is too, haha, just something to look at whether you buy the music or not - a style thing and their fame preceding them. Legendry goes beyond what they've actually done, so they can be known for just being KISS, a band that's done a lot even if you don't know what specifically. They're in a hall of fame and lots of other people like 'em and many were inspired or influenced by them. I suppose I might put a like on their page for style points and a song or two. Or maybe because they were mentioned by or appeared with somebody else I was a fan of. I figure Any KISS appearance, mention, or cover is gonna be Somebody's first exposure and that can draw more likes for being cool even if it doesn't bring album sales.

Or click here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOJH5cUWDY0
<<

nibbler1982

Post Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:43 pm

Klankh79 wrote:
nibbler1982 wrote:Here I was think it was shoddy research. Boy do I have egg on my face.

.....ill bet thats not the only viscous, translucent substance you've had on your face over the years.....

Really Klankhs?

That’s what you’re going with?

Usually you have something to actually say...however misguided it may be.

Now you lead with 7th grade tomfoolery?
<<

Klankh79

Post Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:47 pm

nibbler1982 wrote:
Klankh79 wrote:

Really Klankhs?

it was too easy dude. i was trying to channel my inner Niblettes there. are you saying i did it wrong?
<<

asamphord

Post Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:23 pm

Klankh79 wrote:

keep your fantasies about nibbler's face dripping with sperm to yourself.
<<

nibbler1982

Post Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:29 pm

Klankh79 wrote:
nibbler1982 wrote:
Klankh79 wrote:

Really Klankhs?

it was too easy dude. i was trying to channel my inner Niblettes there. are you saying i did it wrong?

Channel moi??? You must be joking.

When have I ever went with crass and childish attempts at humor? Based on bodily fluids nonetheless? I will not engage in such ribaldry.

The Nibbler DOES NOT work blue.
<<

Klankh79

Post Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:55 pm

nibbler1982 wrote:
Klankh79 wrote:
nibbler1982 wrote:
Klankh79 wrote:

Really Klankhs?

Channel moi??? You must be joking.

When have I ever went with crass and childish attempts at humor? Based on bodily fluids nonetheless? I will not engage in such ribaldry.

The Nibbler DOES NOT work blue.

in fact im not joking. but.....you not seeing what i was getting at.....was worth the price of admission......thanks man!

ta-ta!!

Return to GENERAL KISS DISCUSSION