Help  •  Register  •  Login

Are You Ready?

<<

BABABOOEY27

User avatar

Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Posts: 69

Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:01 pm

Location: the jungle baby

Post Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:03 am

Are You Ready?

Are You Ready to hear Are You Ready? I frickin am. Sounds like such An amazing song. What other songs are you looking forward to hearing on the vault?
<<

Sssnakester

User avatar

Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Posts: 3637

Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2006 4:25 pm

Location: BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!

Post Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:22 am

Re: Are You Ready?

I would like to hear all the tunes on the Vault... but I’ll definitely live if I don’t get the chance.
<<

kissjrj

User avatar

Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Posts: 9709

Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:35 am

Location: Shout Mercy!!!

Post Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:44 am

Re: Are You Ready?

My Lorraine.
<<

jackstar74

User avatar

2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Posts: 2226

Joined: Mon Jul 10, 2006 7:30 am

Post Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:52 am

Re: Are You Ready?

kissjrj wrote:My Lorraine.


Quiche Lorraine
<<

EricCrissSinger

User avatar

Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Posts: 747

Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:16 pm

Post Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:59 am

Re: Are You Ready?

kissjrj wrote:My Lorraine.


This ^
Sounds beautiful, from the snippets I've heard.
<<

rewind84

User avatar

Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Posts: 4591

Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:24 am

Location: Brasil

Post Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:47 am

Re: Are You Ready?

When do you guys think 'The Vaul' will leak ? Although Gene says it will be impossible to download the vault...he just shows he does not know shit about technology.
<<

Crimson Harpoon

User avatar

Might as well be the Admin!
Might as well be the Admin!

Posts: 17118

Joined: Fri May 31, 2013 8:31 pm

Post Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:50 am

Re: Are You Ready?

Sssnakester wrote:I would like to hear all the tunes on the Vault... but I’ll definitely live if I don’t get the chance.


I can't even honestly say I'd like to hear them. If I do, I do... Great. If not... Oh well.
<<

jannep17

User avatar

Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Posts: 5845

Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:07 pm

Post Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:14 am

Re: Are You Ready?

<<

BABABOOEY27

User avatar

Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Posts: 69

Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:01 pm

Location: the jungle baby

Post Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:59 am

Re: Are You Ready?

rewind84 wrote:When do you guys think 'The Vaul' will leak ? Although Gene says it will be impossible to download the vault...he just shows he does not know shit about technology.


I’m honestly surprised I haven’t seen one song on the internet leaked yet. Not ONE! I thought a couple would be out by now. The two I’m dying to hear are Are You Ready and I Turn to Stone. I’d like to hear Suspious too
<<

Thunderous_Lay

User avatar

Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Posts: 2766

Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:59 am

Location: Lisbon Rock City

Post Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:01 am

Re: Are You Ready?

BABABOOEY27 wrote:
rewind84 wrote:When do you guys think 'The Vaul' will leak ? Although Gene says it will be impossible to download the vault...he just shows he does not know shit about technology.


I’m honestly surprised I haven’t seen one song on the internet leaked yet. Not ONE! I thought a couple would be out by now. The two I’m dying to hear are Are You Ready and I Turn to Stone. I’d like to hear Suspious too

I guess buying a vault for 2k is way different from buying a record for ten bucks or so, though, I'll admit I'm equally surprised it hasn't been leaked yet. I mean, a friend of a friend of a friend...
<<

destroyerrnro

User avatar

Might as well be a member of the band!
Might as well be a member of the band!

Posts: 1389

Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2006 4:38 pm

Post Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:04 am

Re: Are You Ready?

kissjrj wrote:My Lorraine.


My wife loves this song. Good pick.
<<

Crimson Harpoon

User avatar

Might as well be the Admin!
Might as well be the Admin!

Posts: 17118

Joined: Fri May 31, 2013 8:31 pm

Post Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:04 am

Re: Are You Ready?

The secret compartment actually contains a toxin that puts buyers into hibernation once it's opened. This is Gene's way of preserving his paycheck well into the future...

Image

Some of you will get this. :D
<<

destroyerrnro

User avatar

Might as well be a member of the band!
Might as well be a member of the band!

Posts: 1389

Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2006 4:38 pm

Post Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:15 am

Re: Are You Ready?

rewind84 wrote:When do you guys think 'The Vaul' will leak ? Although Gene says it will be impossible to download the vault...he just shows he does not know shit about technology.


I don't think Gene's lack of understanding about technology is his point, rather the belief is there are probably not a lot of people who would spend 2k or better for the Vault just to turn around and give it away for free.
<<

stutterer

User avatar

Stockholder in KISS Corp.
Stockholder in KISS Corp.

Posts: 1164

Joined: Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:28 pm

Post Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:20 am

Re: Are You Ready?

destroyerrnro wrote:there are probably not a lot of people who would spend 2k or better for the Vault just to turn around and give it away for free.


You never know. There are some real sickos out there.
<<

Crimson Harpoon

User avatar

Might as well be the Admin!
Might as well be the Admin!

Posts: 17118

Joined: Fri May 31, 2013 8:31 pm

Post Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:24 am

Re: Are You Ready?

destroyerrnro wrote:
rewind84 wrote:When do you guys think 'The Vaul' will leak ? Although Gene says it will be impossible to download the vault...he just shows he does not know shit about technology.


I don't think Gene's lack of understanding about technology is his point, rather the belief is there are probably not a lot of people who would spend 2k or better for the Vault just to turn around and give it away for free.


If that's the case, Gene is misguided. Who would spend $2,000 on it only to keep it to themselves?

I might spend $100 for it, but that would be my limit because that's about the value I put on the thing. But whether I spent $100 or $2,000 on it, all my friends who would want it, would sure as shit have copies. What exactly is keeping it to yourself gonna do for you? Shit, I'd put it out there just because I paid $2,000 for it.
<<

destroyerrnro

User avatar

Might as well be a member of the band!
Might as well be a member of the band!

Posts: 1389

Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2006 4:38 pm

Post Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:09 pm

Re: Are You Ready?

Crimson Harpoon wrote:
destroyerrnro wrote:
rewind84 wrote:When do you guys think 'The Vaul' will leak ? Although Gene says it will be impossible to download the vault...he just shows he does not know shit about technology.


I don't think Gene's lack of understanding about technology is his point, rather the belief is there are probably not a lot of people who would spend 2k or better for the Vault just to turn around and give it away for free.


If that's the case, Gene is misguided. Who would spend $2,000 on it only to keep it to themselves?

I might spend $100 for it, but that would be my limit because that's about the value I put on the thing. But whether I spent $100 or $2,000 on it, all my friends who would want it, would sure as shit have copies. What exactly is keeping it to yourself gonna do for you? Shit, I'd put it out there just because I paid $2,000 for it.


That's you and there are many who would say you were misguided for spending that type of money only to lesson your investment. The fact that it's illegal to "share" is also something to consider.
<<

Planet Caravan

User avatar

Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Posts: 3204

Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:33 pm

Post Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:15 pm

Re: Are You Ready?

The vault will leak eventually. Only a handful of people physically have it so far.

Give it 6 months to a year.
<<

mamado

User avatar

Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Posts: 7583

Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2006 3:07 pm

Location: URANUS

Post Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:18 pm

Re: Are You Ready?

No, I'm not ready. Sometime in the "near future", who knows... But not yet. :| :| :| :flower:
<<

destroyerrnro

User avatar

Might as well be a member of the band!
Might as well be a member of the band!

Posts: 1389

Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2006 4:38 pm

Post Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:52 pm

Re: Are You Ready?

Planet Caravan wrote:The vault will leak eventually. Only a handful of people physically have it so far.

Give it 6 months to a year.


This I agree with. But for right now, not so likely. You sign a legal contract when you purchase it. I don't think anyone wants to be an example of what would happen if you get caught, putting aside the morality and legality of the discussion.
<<

Crimson Harpoon

User avatar

Might as well be the Admin!
Might as well be the Admin!

Posts: 17118

Joined: Fri May 31, 2013 8:31 pm

Post Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:34 pm

Re: Are You Ready?

destroyerrnro wrote:
Crimson Harpoon wrote:
destroyerrnro wrote:
rewind84 wrote:When do you guys think 'The Vaul' will leak ? Although Gene says it will be impossible to download the vault...he just shows he does not know shit about technology.


I don't think Gene's lack of understanding about technology is his point, rather the belief is there are probably not a lot of people who would spend 2k or better for the Vault just to turn around and give it away for free.


If that's the case, Gene is misguided. Who would spend $2,000 on it only to keep it to themselves?

I might spend $100 for it, but that would be my limit because that's about the value I put on the thing. But whether I spent $100 or $2,000 on it, all my friends who would want it, would sure as shit have copies. What exactly is keeping it to yourself gonna do for you? Shit, I'd put it out there just because I paid $2,000 for it.


That's you and there are many who would say you were misguided for spending that type of money only to lesson your investment. The fact that it's illegal to "share" is also something to consider.


I wouldn't think of it as an investment. It's a box of music, period. I'd say people who think of it as anything more than that are the misguided ones.
<<

Boris Bela

User avatar

KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Posts: 134

Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:33 am

Post Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:53 pm

Re: Are You Ready?

Crimson Harpoon wrote:
destroyerrnro wrote:
Crimson Harpoon wrote:
destroyerrnro wrote:
rewind84 wrote:When do you guys think 'The Vaul' will leak ? Although Gene says it will be impossible to download the vault...he just shows he does not know shit about technology.


I don't think Gene's lack of understanding about technology is his point, rather the belief is there are probably not a lot of people who would spend 2k or better for the Vault just to turn around and give it away for free.


If that's the case, Gene is misguided. Who would spend $2,000 on it only to keep it to themselves?

I might spend $100 for it, but that would be my limit because that's about the value I put on the thing. But whether I spent $100 or $2,000 on it, all my friends who would want it, would sure as shit have copies. What exactly is keeping it to yourself gonna do for you? Shit, I'd put it out there just because I paid $2,000 for it.


That's you and there are many who would say you were misguided for spending that type of money only to lesson your investment. The fact that it's illegal to "share" is also something to consider.


I wouldn't think of it as an investment. It's a box of music, period. I'd say people who think of it as anything more than that are the misguided ones.


THIS, thanks Crimson.
<<

kmints5723

Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Posts: 52

Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:26 pm

Post Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:37 pm

Re: Are You Ready?

Gene today on Twitter
“To all my friends out there: Please let me know of BOOTLEGGERS out there...My lawyers are frothing at their mouths, and need to be fed!!!”
<<

Crimson Harpoon

User avatar

Might as well be the Admin!
Might as well be the Admin!

Posts: 17118

Joined: Fri May 31, 2013 8:31 pm

Post Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:31 pm

Re: Are You Ready?

kmints5723 wrote:Gene today on Twitter
“To all my friends out there: Please let me know of BOOTLEGGERS out there...My lawyers are frothing at their mouths, and need to be fed!!!”


One more reason why he can keep the fuckin' thing.

Most musicians want their music to be heard. They want it out there. Gene doesn't want that for himself or his band because it's not about music. If he's only ever going to sell what he's selling right now, what will he lose if bootlegs get out? Fuck him. He can keep his product. Yes, that's all he (and KISS) are selling nowadays... A product. That's fine if you're Coca-Cola, Chevrolet or Microsoft, but not for any musician who gives a shit about his music, fans or being taken seriously as anything but a profiteer. Gene Simmons and KISS sell nothing but a soundtrack to their third rate brand. Sorry, but this is a joke. The WWE of music, only phonier.
<<

6ftallamericanman

User avatar

KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Posts: 82

Joined: Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:40 pm

Post Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:42 pm

Re: Are You Ready?

Crimson Harpoon wrote:
destroyerrnro wrote:
Crimson Harpoon wrote:
destroyerrnro wrote:
rewind84 wrote:When do you guys think 'The Vaul' will leak ? Although Gene says it will be impossible to download the vault...he just shows he does not know shit about technology.


I don't think Gene's lack of understanding about technology is his point, rather the belief is there are probably not a lot of people who would spend 2k or better for the Vault just to turn around and give it away for free.


If that's the case, Gene is misguided. Who would spend $2,000 on it only to keep it to themselves?

I might spend $100 for it, but that would be my limit because that's about the value I put on the thing. But whether I spent $100 or $2,000 on it, all my friends who would want it, would sure as shit have copies. What exactly is keeping it to yourself gonna do for you? Shit, I'd put it out there just because I paid $2,000 for it.


That's you and there are many who would say you were misguided for spending that type of money only to lesson your investment. The fact that it's illegal to "share" is also something to consider.


I wouldn't think of it as an investment. It's a box of music, period. I'd say people who think of it as anything more than that are the misguided ones.



I think people who just want to download music without paying for it are the ones misguided. Do you receive a paycheck for the work you do? would you still do the work if you didn't receive that check?
<<

redinthesky

User avatar

Might as well be the Admin!
Might as well be the Admin!

Posts: 22404

Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:17 am

Post Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:56 pm

Re: Are You Ready?

I kind of look at it as the reverse as my friend Crimson above, I think because someone paid so much for the "Experience" that they would not be so quick to want to share it, even with friends (who would be very tempted to share it with others still).

Plus, knowing that the number of people who have paid the $2000 is relatively low as compared to a regular box set release, tracking down the culprit shouldn't really be too difficult if the music starts appearing online. The last thing a Vault buyer, or a buyer's friend, wants is to get into legal trouble with Gene Simmons I'm sure.

That being said, I fully intend to break my "no more money on Kiss" vow when this thing becomes available as a regular release....IF it isn't "too" highly priced.
<<

Crimson Harpoon

User avatar

Might as well be the Admin!
Might as well be the Admin!

Posts: 17118

Joined: Fri May 31, 2013 8:31 pm

Post Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:03 pm

Re: Are You Ready?

6ftallamericanman wrote:
Crimson Harpoon wrote:
destroyerrnro wrote:
Crimson Harpoon wrote:
destroyerrnro wrote:
rewind84 wrote:When do you guys think 'The Vaul' will leak ? Although Gene says it will be impossible to download the vault...he just shows he does not know shit about technology.


I don't think Gene's lack of understanding about technology is his point, rather the belief is there are probably not a lot of people who would spend 2k or better for the Vault just to turn around and give it away for free.


If that's the case, Gene is misguided. Who would spend $2,000 on it only to keep it to themselves?

I might spend $100 for it, but that would be my limit because that's about the value I put on the thing. But whether I spent $100 or $2,000 on it, all my friends who would want it, would sure as shit have copies. What exactly is keeping it to yourself gonna do for you? Shit, I'd put it out there just because I paid $2,000 for it.


That's you and there are many who would say you were misguided for spending that type of money only to lesson your investment. The fact that it's illegal to "share" is also something to consider.


I wouldn't think of it as an investment. It's a box of music, period. I'd say people who think of it as anything more than that are the misguided ones.



I think people who just want to download music without paying for it are the ones misguided. Do you receive a paycheck for the work you do? would you still do the work if you didn't receive that check?


Well, seeing as don't download music, I'm not misguided. Had you read where I started this, you'd know I said I would make copies for friends. That's much different than bootlegging for my own profit. If you say you've never copied an album for a friend, I'll call you a liar.

Yes, I receive a paycheck for what I do, but I don't receive continued pay from everything that grows out of it. Again, Gene has stated that this is it. There are no plans for future sales. So what will he be losing? That only thing that will happen is that more people will have his music in their collections, which is something the vast majority of musicians would consider a goal. Not Gene though. That said, I do fully expect future sales.

But the bottom line is that I love music. Bands who actually have something worthwhile to offer musically encourage as much of their music to be out there as possible. Bands like Pearl Jam, The Grateful Dead, Dave Matthews Band, etc... So much of their music is out there, being heard and traded it makes KISS only seem like more of the business/brand that it is. Gene wouldn't be losing anything to bootlegs if he truly plans on not selling any more of these vaults. Let the music be out there and be heard. But again, it's not about music for Gene or KISS. IMHO, their music is cheap.
<<

6ftallamericanman

User avatar

KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Posts: 82

Joined: Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:40 pm

Post Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:18 pm

Re: Are You Ready?

Crimson Harpoon wrote:
6ftallamericanman wrote:
Crimson Harpoon wrote:
destroyerrnro wrote:
Crimson Harpoon wrote:
destroyerrnro wrote:
rewind84 wrote:When do you guys think 'The Vaul' will leak ? Although Gene says it will be impossible to download the vault...he just shows he does not know shit about technology.


I don't think Gene's lack of understanding about technology is his point, rather the belief is there are probably not a lot of people who would spend 2k or better for the Vault just to turn around and give it away for free.


If that's the case, Gene is misguided. Who would spend $2,000 on it only to keep it to themselves?

I might spend $100 for it, but that would be my limit because that's about the value I put on the thing. But whether I spent $100 or $2,000 on it, all my friends who would want it, would sure as shit have copies. What exactly is keeping it to yourself gonna do for you? Shit, I'd put it out there just because I paid $2,000 for it.


That's you and there are many who would say you were misguided for spending that type of money only to lesson your investment. The fact that it's illegal to "share" is also something to consider.


I wouldn't think of it as an investment. It's a box of music, period. I'd say people who think of it as anything more than that are the misguided ones.



I think people who just want to download music without paying for it are the ones misguided. Do you receive a paycheck for the work you do? would you still do the work if you didn't receive that check?


Well, seeing as don't download music, I'm not misguided. Had you read where I started this, you'd know I said I would make copies for friends. That's much different than bootlegging for my own profit. If you say you've never copied an album for a friend, I'll call you a liar.

Yes, I receive a paycheck for what I do, but I don't receive continued pay from everything that grows out of it. Again, Gene has stated that this is it. There are no plans for future sales. So what will he be losing? That only thing that will happen is that more people will have his music in their collections, which is something the vast majority of musicians would consider a goal. Not Gene though. That said, I do fully expect future sales.

But the bottom line is that I love music. Bands who actually have something worthwhile to offer musically encourage as much of their music to be out there as possible. Bands like Pearl Jam, The Grateful Dead, Dave Matthews Band, etc... So much of their music is out there, being heard and traded it makes KISS only seem like more of the business/brand that it is. Gene wouldn't be losing anything to bootlegs if he truly plans on not selling any more of these vaults. Let the music be out there and be heard. But again, it's not about music for Gene or KISS. IMHO, their music is cheap.



So you think Dave Matthews would say "Thank You" to you for making copies of his music for your friends?
<<

KIDGEO3

User avatar

Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Posts: 3836

Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:23 am

Location: NEW JERSEY

Post Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:23 pm

Re: Are You Ready?

I HAVE BEEN ASKING TO HEAR THIS SONG FOR QUITE SOME TIME NOW
<<

B5Erik

User avatar

Might as well be the Admin!
Might as well be the Admin!

Posts: 12994

Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:46 pm

Location: www.VistaRecords.us & Vista Records Radio on YouTube

Post Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:35 pm

Re: Are You Ready?

I would love to pay to get the songs in The Vault.

I just don't have $500 to spend on it, let alone $2,000.

So if it becomes available some other way I'll be glad to get it. I'm dying to hear probably 1/3 of the songs on there and am mildly curious about another 1/3.
<<

WinnieWincent

User avatar

Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Posts: 757

Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:43 pm

Post Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:29 am

Re: Are You Ready?

I'm reporting all of you to uncle Gene. Don't be surprised if you wake up with a KISS Hello Kitty head in your bed
<<

Marco

User avatar

KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Posts: 123

Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:26 pm

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:43 am

Re: Are You Ready?

6ftallamericanman wrote:
Crimson Harpoon wrote:
destroyerrnro wrote:
Crimson Harpoon wrote:
destroyerrnro wrote:
rewind84 wrote:When do you guys think 'The Vaul' will leak ? Although Gene says it will be impossible to download the vault...he just shows he does not know shit about technology.


I don't think Gene's lack of understanding about technology is his point, rather the belief is there are probably not a lot of people who would spend 2k or better for the Vault just to turn around and give it away for free.


If that's the case, Gene is misguided. Who would spend $2,000 on it only to keep it to themselves?

I might spend $100 for it, but that would be my limit because that's about the value I put on the thing. But whether I spent $100 or $2,000 on it, all my friends who would want it, would sure as shit have copies. What exactly is keeping it to yourself gonna do for you? Shit, I'd put it out there just because I paid $2,000 for it.


That's you and there are many who would say you were misguided for spending that type of money only to lesson your investment. The fact that it's illegal to "share" is also something to consider.


I wouldn't think of it as an investment. It's a box of music, period. I'd say people who think of it as anything more than that are the misguided ones.



I think people who just want to download music without paying for it are the ones misguided. Do you receive a paycheck for the work you do? would you still do the work if you didn't receive that check?


Perhaps people who illegally download realised that they have been reamed by the Industry since CDs became common place, for the last 30 or so years. In that time the Labels took the Lion's share and the Artists a fraction

CDs were substantially cheaper to produce than vinyl yet we paid more for them and that didn't change until they started becoming redundant. The industry arrogantly thought that we'd never be able to copy CDs (morons that didn't plan ahead) and when the inevitable happened, they were hopelessly inept. No more money for their burgeoning cocaine habits!

The days of making a living from royalties are now past and Artists need to generate income in other ways. The good news for them is that if they wake up, they'll realise they don't need parasitic Record Companies anymore.

They may also wake up and realise that there's a vinyl resurgence happening and it ain't going away. That maybe a good income stream, as long as they don't overprice them or short change us with badly pressed records cut from a CD! They may also hold their record companies accountable for reaming them in deals with Streamers.

I'm not interested (in usually abominably mastered) CDs or lossy inferior Itunes crap (inferior to cassettes). I buy second hand vinyl, perfectly legal but they get nothing anyway and if I cannot find decent sounding vinyl I'll download for free.

The Vault, particularly given the outrageous price, could've at least been vinyl with free digital versions. Making it a CD boxset at that price was cheaper than cheap.
<<

LordThurisaz

User avatar

Might as well be the Admin!
Might as well be the Admin!

Posts: 15617

Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2007 3:37 pm

Location: Leader of the Misery Brigade

Post Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:42 am

Re: Are You Ready?

Crimson Harpoon wrote:
destroyerrnro wrote:
rewind84 wrote:When do you guys think 'The Vaul' will leak ? Although Gene says it will be impossible to download the vault...he just shows he does not know shit about technology.


I don't think Gene's lack of understanding about technology is his point, rather the belief is there are probably not a lot of people who would spend 2k or better for the Vault just to turn around and give it away for free.


If that's the case, Gene is misguided. Who would spend $2,000 on it only to keep it to themselves?

I might spend $100 for it, but that would be my limit because that's about the value I put on the thing. But whether I spent $100 or $2,000 on it, all my friends who would want it, would sure as shit have copies. What exactly is keeping it to yourself gonna do for you? Shit, I'd put it out there just because I paid $2,000 for it.

I still say I'd only buy it for about tree fiddy. And my response to your $100, let alone Gene's asking price of 2k, is best summed up like this.


Or click here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sioKqbBQij0
<<

alivecatman

User avatar

Might as well be a member of the band!
Might as well be a member of the band!

Posts: 1428

Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:53 pm

Location: 10 E 23rd ST

Post Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:58 am

Re: Are You Ready?

Are You Ready is very cool. I would have liked to have seen it included in Sonic Boom
<<

bassmansteiny

User avatar

Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Posts: 350

Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:57 am

Post Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:18 am

Re: Are You Ready?

destroyerrnro wrote:
Crimson Harpoon wrote:
destroyerrnro wrote:
rewind84 wrote:When do you guys think 'The Vaul' will leak ? Although Gene says it will be impossible to download the vault...he just shows he does not know shit about technology.


I don't think Gene's lack of understanding about technology is his point, rather the belief is there are probably not a lot of people who would spend 2k or better for the Vault just to turn around and give it away for free.


If that's the case, Gene is misguided. Who would spend $2,000 on it only to keep it to themselves?

I might spend $100 for it, but that would be my limit because that's about the value I put on the thing. But whether I spent $100 or $2,000 on it, all my friends who would want it, would sure as shit have copies. What exactly is keeping it to yourself gonna do for you? Shit, I'd put it out there just because I paid $2,000 for it.


That's you and there are many who would say you were misguided for spending that type of money only to lesson your investment. The fact that it's illegal to "share" is also something to consider.


This . Plus if someone was caught putting it on the internets, Gene would probably actually take an to court over the matter. Not saying I agree or disagree with him doing that. That being said, I would love to someday here some of it. I can not afford the Vault or the Kruise, I am extremely happy for those that can do either :)
<<

Ikons

User avatar

Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Posts: 5049

Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:07 pm

Post Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:33 pm

Re: Are You Ready?

6ftallamericanman wrote:
Crimson Harpoon wrote:
6ftallamericanman wrote:
Crimson Harpoon wrote:
destroyerrnro wrote:
Crimson Harpoon wrote:
destroyerrnro wrote:
rewind84 wrote:When do you guys think 'The Vaul' will leak ? Although Gene says it will be impossible to download the vault...he just shows he does not know shit about technology.


I don't think Gene's lack of understanding about technology is his point, rather the belief is there are probably not a lot of people who would spend 2k or better for the Vault just to turn around and give it away for free.


If that's the case, Gene is misguided. Who would spend $2,000 on it only to keep it to themselves?

I might spend $100 for it, but that would be my limit because that's about the value I put on the thing. But whether I spent $100 or $2,000 on it, all my friends who would want it, would sure as shit have copies. What exactly is keeping it to yourself gonna do for you? Shit, I'd put it out there just because I paid $2,000 for it.


That's you and there are many who would say you were misguided for spending that type of money only to lesson your investment. The fact that it's illegal to "share" is also something to consider.


I wouldn't think of it as an investment. It's a box of music, period. I'd say people who think of it as anything more than that are the misguided ones.



I think people who just want to download music without paying for it are the ones misguided. Do you receive a paycheck for the work you do? would you still do the work if you didn't receive that check?


Well, seeing as don't download music, I'm not misguided. Had you read where I started this, you'd know I said I would make copies for friends. That's much different than bootlegging for my own profit. If you say you've never copied an album for a friend, I'll call you a liar.

Yes, I receive a paycheck for what I do, but I don't receive continued pay from everything that grows out of it. Again, Gene has stated that this is it. There are no plans for future sales. So what will he be losing? That only thing that will happen is that more people will have his music in their collections, which is something the vast majority of musicians would consider a goal. Not Gene though. That said, I do fully expect future sales.

But the bottom line is that I love music. Bands who actually have something worthwhile to offer musically encourage as much of their music to be out there as possible. Bands like Pearl Jam, The Grateful Dead, Dave Matthews Band, etc... So much of their music is out there, being heard and traded it makes KISS only seem like more of the business/brand that it is. Gene wouldn't be losing anything to bootlegs if he truly plans on not selling any more of these vaults. Let the music be out there and be heard. But again, it's not about music for Gene or KISS. IMHO, their music is cheap.



So you think Dave Matthews would say "Thank You" to you for making copies of his music for your friends?


What if Crimson invited a friend over to listen to Dave Matthews.. would that be objectionable?
<<

Fartbone

User avatar

Might as well be the Admin!
Might as well be the Admin!

Posts: 13425

Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2007 12:09 pm

Location: Los Angeles Rules!!!

Post Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:41 pm

Re: Are You Ready?

6ftallamericanman wrote:
Crimson Harpoon wrote:
6ftallamericanman wrote:
Crimson Harpoon wrote:
destroyerrnro wrote:
Crimson Harpoon wrote:
destroyerrnro wrote:
rewind84 wrote:When do you guys think 'The Vaul' will leak ? Although Gene says it will be impossible to download the vault...he just shows he does not know shit about technology.


I don't think Gene's lack of understanding about technology is his point, rather the belief is there are probably not a lot of people who would spend 2k or better for the Vault just to turn around and give it away for free.


If that's the case, Gene is misguided. Who would spend $2,000 on it only to keep it to themselves?

I might spend $100 for it, but that would be my limit because that's about the value I put on the thing. But whether I spent $100 or $2,000 on it, all my friends who would want it, would sure as shit have copies. What exactly is keeping it to yourself gonna do for you? Shit, I'd put it out there just because I paid $2,000 for it.


That's you and there are many who would say you were misguided for spending that type of money only to lesson your investment. The fact that it's illegal to "share" is also something to consider.


I wouldn't think of it as an investment. It's a box of music, period. I'd say people who think of it as anything more than that are the misguided ones.



I think people who just want to download music without paying for it are the ones misguided. Do you receive a paycheck for the work you do? would you still do the work if you didn't receive that check?


Well, seeing as don't download music, I'm not misguided. Had you read where I started this, you'd know I said I would make copies for friends. That's much different than bootlegging for my own profit. If you say you've never copied an album for a friend, I'll call you a liar.

Yes, I receive a paycheck for what I do, but I don't receive continued pay from everything that grows out of it. Again, Gene has stated that this is it. There are no plans for future sales. So what will he be losing? That only thing that will happen is that more people will have his music in their collections, which is something the vast majority of musicians would consider a goal. Not Gene though. That said, I do fully expect future sales.

But the bottom line is that I love music. Bands who actually have something worthwhile to offer musically encourage as much of their music to be out there as possible. Bands like Pearl Jam, The Grateful Dead, Dave Matthews Band, etc... So much of their music is out there, being heard and traded it makes KISS only seem like more of the business/brand that it is. Gene wouldn't be losing anything to bootlegs if he truly plans on not selling any more of these vaults. Let the music be out there and be heard. But again, it's not about music for Gene or KISS. IMHO, their music is cheap.



So you think Dave Matthews would say "Thank You" to you for making copies of his music for your friends?


I wouldn't wish dave mathews on my worst enemy.
<<

Klankh79

Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Posts: 2671

Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:03 am

Post Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:19 pm

Re: Are You Ready?

Fartbone wrote:I wouldn't wish dave mathews on my worst enemy.


ive always hated him too. and in reference to the question about what the guy would do if informed someone had made a copy of his album and given it to his friend, my prediction is that he would either A: shrug and say "so?" or B: smile and say thanks.

dont know about the world at large, but ive spent a lotta $$$ on bands i got to hear for free first. thats just how it is.
<<

Klankh79

Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Posts: 2671

Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:03 am

Post Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:23 pm

Re: Are You Ready?

at the bottom of it, i think Gene's horshit, old man, behind the times attitude about music sharing is symptomatic of the fact that he NEEEEDS his every utterance/offering/move to be highly valued...which tells me that deep, deep down, he's still the little kid that got picked on for being different when he came here from Isreal. rejected by kids and his dad alike, 60 years later Gene is still hurting, and it seeps out in his attitudes towards certain things. well, thats MY hunch at least.
<<

Forevertj

User avatar

Might as well be the Admin!
Might as well be the Admin!

Posts: 12962

Joined: Fri Dec 01, 2006 11:56 pm

Location: Powerhouse Gym

Post Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:02 pm

Re: Are You Ready?

I would love to hear that and all the rest too of course, but I cannot afford it. Even if I could, it would be hard for me to spend that kind of money for a Vault when all I wants are the songs. With Paul not being able to sing like he used too, this is the best new Kiss related music there is right now.
<<

B5Erik

User avatar

Might as well be the Admin!
Might as well be the Admin!

Posts: 12994

Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:46 pm

Location: www.VistaRecords.us & Vista Records Radio on YouTube

Post Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:09 pm

Re: Are You Ready?

Klankh79 wrote:at the bottom of it, i think Gene's horshit, old man, behind the times attitude about music sharing is symptomatic of the fact that he NEEEEDS his every utterance/offering/move to be highly valued...which tells me that deep, deep down, he's still the little kid that got picked on for being different when he came here from Isreal. rejected by kids and his dad alike, 60 years later Gene is still hurting, and it seeps out in his attitudes towards certain things. well, thats MY hunch at least.

I don't think you're far off...
Next

Return to GENERAL KISS DISCUSSION



Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software.