Complete Vinnie Vincent 1st Public Interview

The broadest possible category for KISS discussion. Everything to do with KISS and its members, past and present. Posts offering bootleg, pirate, or illegal items, or links to those items, will be deleted. Please refer to the Terms Of Service (TOS) for this site for maximum board experience. Should any post contain material that violates your copyright, please follow the instructions on the DMCA takedown notice page.
WI KISSfan
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Re: Complete Vinnie Vincent 1st Public Interview

Post by WI KISSfan »

Diss wrote:How many people were in attendance at this thing? I have to admit, I'm a little surprised by what appears to be a pretty small crowd for something of this magnitude.
The small crowd reflects the "magnitude" of this.

I can't believe people are excited to hear what he had to say.
Eddie Van Hazel
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Eddie Van Hazel »

People were yelling at Derek and complaining to him?
EggFlip
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by EggFlip »

Ouch
Last edited by EggFlip on Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ace Fury
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post by Ace Fury »

WI KISSfan wrote:
Diss wrote:How many people were in attendance at this thing? I have to admit, I'm a little surprised by what appears to be a pretty small crowd for something of this magnitude.

lol

jaded much?

This actually is big rock news....you just choose not to acknowledge it.

I am sure a lot of people in the industry are quite interested in what went on this past weekend...just because Atlanta wasn't flooded with them
doesn't mean much...going into this...it was a gamble for everyone involved...watch if he continues on this path.
Thunderous_Lay

Post by Thunderous_Lay »

Ace Fury wrote:
WI KISSfan wrote:

lol

jaded much?

I am sure a lot of people in the industry are quite interested in what went on this past weekend...just because Atlanta was flooded with them
doesn't mean much...going into this...it was a gamble for everyone involved...watch if he continues on this path.
No offense but you're deluding yourself.

Other than Kiss and / or Vinnie Vincent fans, die-hard or otherwise, no one cares for his return or whether he records new music or not.
Ace Fury

Post by Ace Fury »

Thunderous_Lay wrote:
Ace Fury wrote:
WI KISSfan wrote:

lol

jaded much?

I am sure a lot of people in the industry are quite interested in what went on this past weekend...just because Atlanta was flooded with them
No offense but you're deluding yourself.

Other than Kiss and / or Vinnie Vincent fans, die-hard or otherwise, no one cares for his return or whether he records new music or not.
hahaha

I am not even a big VV fan...so how am I deluding myself?

It's not like I was this huge VV disciple before this. I never was and I think the albums he did were good...but I am an original 4 guy mainly.

This is very interesting news and in terms of KISS one of the most interesting things to happen in years.

so where's the delusion?

spin your wheels. I've seen enough of your posts to know...all you want to do is argue with people.

:)

bye.
Ace Fury

Post by Ace Fury »

this video has 32K views in basically 12 hours.

no one at all is interested in this.

it's a ghost town.

:/

:)

I call bullshit.

Stanley! You look so cute

Post by Stanley! You look so cute »

Supertrooper wrote:After hearing and watching the interview, I still side with Gene and Paul, in the sense that the guy seems selfdestuctive. He calls Gene and Paul his dear old friends, then says they made his life very hard, and Paul used to say "what shall we do with Vinnie" out loud, and then at the same time he felt like it was magic was with them, but he never felt any love from them and then the lawsuits drained the life out of him....Then they are stll his dear old fiends? I find that a bit too strange. And he doesn't get why they didn't ask him to come back after the LIU tour, when we know the stories about him making his guitarsolo spot longer and longer, to his bosses frustrations, so much it almost ended in a fist fight with Paul. Selling guitars to fans buy lying he had played them himself...C'mon.

Other than he nows accepts that maybe Gene and Paul was right in deciding how the band should be, he seems to blame the lawsuit and his wife for making his life hard and even the boxset fiasco. He talks and talks, but says little. I I think he is still not mentally healthy, and I'm not saying it to be cruel. I believe him when he says his been in hell, at the same time I don't think he sees how
his own questionable ethics and confusion was a big part what made him end up there.

I wish him well, I hope he has some great music for all of us, but I don't trust his truths or buy his logic too much.
Completely agree. He's not even a convincing liar and is bordering on being a psychopath from the second day of Q&A. Vinnie is a dark character and I think possibly revealed too much of his true self this weekend.
Ace Fury

Post by Ace Fury »

75,000 views on this

I think those are pretty impressive numbers

WI KISSfan

Post by WI KISSfan »

Ace Fury wrote:
WI KISSfan wrote:

lol

jaded much?

I am sure a lot of people in the industry are quite interested in what went on this past weekend...just because Atlanta wasn't flooded with them

Not jaded, just know what I do and don't like.

Vinnie had GREAT songwriting skills and was a talented guitarist.

That being said he was freakin awful as a member of KISS, bad persona, bad stage presence, and a playing technique that was never going to fit with KISS's musical style. The worst freakin KISS member ever.

And I agree with others who've already said that other than KISS fans no one else cares about VV or his/her return.
Rhiannon

Post by Rhiannon »

I am so glad he also confirmed BACK ON THE STREETS was officially recorded for COTN, and the first song Vinnie bought into the sessions.If we follow the time line then, ISLY was written after Back on the Streets was recorded and used instead....dumb move!
bigflashfam
Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Post by bigflashfam »

That is awesome that he confirmed that.

I am very happy to see Vinnie back, in good spirits, healthy and seemingly on good terms with the KISS camp. Vinnie is an amazing talent and he really seems humbled by his experiences the last 20 years or so. I thought he came across very genuine in his interviews and in the reaction to Rob singing with him. It all felt very real to me. I hooe this leads to more expos, and music releases and an overall bigger presence for Vinnie. This is probably the best KISS related thing to happen in a long time.
richardsimmons
Location: California $leazy Tree-Huggin’ KIZZ-luv’n RnR Ba$tard

Post by richardsimmons »

Luv it
trip730
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by trip730 »

I am sure it won't be long before Gene, and especially Paul debunk some of these stories. Very much like the Eric Carr situation, how poorly they treated him up until his death, and then decide to rewrite the situation to suit themselves.
Might as well be the Admin!
Might as well be the Admin!

Post by 67321 »

70skid wrote:
Rhiannon wrote:This is no doubt the best KISS or KISS related thing to happen in years.
Indeed. Agree 100%!

It is so good to see VV alive and well. Give us some music to buy VV ! We are ready. All styles and genres.
Agreed, agreed, agreed!!!

Welcome back, Vinnie! :salut:
JohnBergless

Post by JohnBergless »

I would still like to hear some more KISS stories from him. In particular, about his relationship with Eric outside of being onstage or in studio with the 4 of them. How he learned of Eric's passing and things like that.