Help  •  Register  •  Login

Paul has a bad memory.........

<<

Tail of a hurricane

Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:57 am

Paul has a bad memory.........

He says in his book Mark St John never played a single show. But according to “Alive forever” he played 2 full shows, and a half a show, with Bruce waiting in the wings. I’m beleivng “Alive forever”.
<<

Carl Linnaeus

Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:09 am

Re: Paul has a bad memory.........

There's plenty of photos of Mark live with the band. I seem to recall he played about 50 perent of two shows and then one full show before he was sent home.
<<

Greekiss

Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:58 am

That's the reason he announces most songs like this: ''This one comes from ''Alive!''....He doesn't remember shit :roll:
<<

elleneff

2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:35 am

"Heres a song....... Heres a song you might know......This one comes offa Dynasty... Goes a little like this .....LOVE GUN!!!! choo freee four!!!!"
<<

Tommyr

Post Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:38 am

Tail of a hurricane wrote:He says in his book Mark St John never played a single show. But according to “Alive forever” he played 2 full shows, and a half a show, with Bruce waiting in the wings. I’m beleivng “Alive forever”.

He played the FULL SHOW in Poughkeepsie. I was there. Paul's full of shit.
<<

Might as well be the Admin!

Post Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:22 am

Greekiss wrote:That's the reason he announces most songs like this: ''This one comes from ''Alive!''....He doesn't remember shit :roll:

He remembers to hate everyone he's worked with.
<<

CominHome

Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Post Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:05 am

His memory is about as long as his you know what....sad
<<

Carl Linnaeus

Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:10 am

Well, of the four autobiographies ... There's definitely more errors in Gene's and Peter's book.
<<

redinthesky

Post Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:07 am

Tail of a hurricane wrote:He says in his book Mark St John never played a single show. But according to “Alive forever” he played 2 full shows, and a half a show, with Bruce waiting in the wings. I’m beleivng “Alive forever”.

Maybe those are among the fake entries in the book. But if not, no big deal. I've seen Paul live even in the 80's announce a song but give the wrong album it's on.
<<

69th_B1izard

Stockholder in KISS Corp.

Post Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:43 am

It’s called “Selective memory”.
<<

Thunderous_Lay

Post Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:10 am

redinthesky wrote:

Maybe those are among the fake entries in the book. But if not, no big deal. I've seen Paul live even in the 80's announce a song but give the wrong album it's on.

One of the concerts in Kissology Vol. III - I don't remember which one; it was from the Revenge-era tour, I think - he says that I Stole Your Love is from Rock & Roll Over or something like that. I lol'ed hard the first time I saw it.

8) :lol:
<<

savage_dreams

Might as well be a member of the band!

Post Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:33 am

Tommyr wrote:

sure, you all can be assholes and say he's full of shit, or.... theres the reality of he's played a few thousand shows in his life and he doesnt remember everyone of them. you dont think a show and a half with one guy could become a blur after however many years? do you remember every day of your job for the last 40 years?

fans have a very different point of view on things and remember every detail of everything because they sit there and study it under a microscope, but when you live it.... sometimes its a blur after time has passed.
<<

JohnBergless

Post Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:46 am

He also once said that he doesn't believe in getting married twice; and he said that if or when he does get married - he hopes it lasts because it won't happen again. :D
I guess he failed to mention that interview to Erin LOLOLOL
<<

Thunderous_Lay

Post Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:01 am

JohnBergless wrote:He also once said that he doesn't believe in getting married twice; and he said that if or when he does get married - he hopes it lasts because it won't happen again. :D
I guess he failed to mention that interview to Erin LOLOLOL

Truth be told, the same happened with Uncle Gene, though, it could be argued that he was but unofficially married with Shannon.

He kept banging other women on the side though.

8) :lol:
<<

sugardaddy

Post Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:35 am

savage_dreams wrote:
Tommyr wrote:

sure, you all can be assholes and say he's full of shit, or.... theres the reality of he's played a few thousand shows in his life and he doesnt remember everyone of them. you dont think a show and a half with one guy could become a blur after however many years? do you remember every day of your job for the last 40 years?

fans have a very different point of view on things and remember every detail of everything because they sit there and study it under a microscope, but when you live it.... sometimes its a blur after time has passed.

Thank you for providing the best response on this thread so far. Paul's memory is just fine.
<<

Greekiss

Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:53 am

67321 wrote:
Greekiss wrote:That's the reason he announces most songs like this: ''This one comes from ''Alive!''....He doesn't remember shit :roll:

:thumright:
<<

Post Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:05 am

Greekiss wrote:
67321 wrote:

:thumright:

:cheers:
<<

atowntommy

Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:14 am

savage_dreams wrote:
Tommyr wrote:

That's what I concluded. And given Mark's unsavory actions post-Kiss, not shocked that Paul would distance himself as much as possible.
<<

acefrehley91

KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:27 am

I'm guessing his memory isn't what it once was. There is a video circulating from the latest cruise and the amp in front of him is actually a teleprompter where you can see the lyrics of the songs scrolling upwards. That I couldn't believe, so maybe he has a bad memory.

Jim
<<

j2m1979

Post Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:31 pm

Kiss used teleprompters since 2011...
<<

metaldad

Post Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:11 pm

He and Gene have been forgetting shit for years
I just don't understand how you don't know what albums You're
Songs are on
<<

Tommyr

Post Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:56 pm

sugardaddy wrote:
savage_dreams wrote:
Tommyr wrote:

Thank you for providing the best response on this thread so far. Paul's memory is just fine.

It's not the best response. Paul could have checked his sources before committing it to print. Mark only played 1 and a half shows for Pete sakes. He could have looked it up. Selective memory, he probably didn't like Mark but hell, HE & Gene HIRED HIM.
<<

CHRIS ARMY

Post Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:24 pm

With the teleprompter, Gene still says, You drive me dizzy. Did it on the Kruise.
<<

Terminator

Banned
Banned

Post Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:28 pm

savage_dreams wrote:
Tommyr wrote:

THIS!
Id like to see anyone remember every detail of a 40+ year career.
<<

Crimson Harpoon

Post Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:51 pm

Well, I know for a fact that he did play live with KISS because I was at one of the shows in Poughkeepsie, NY. Another was (if I'm not mistaken) in Binghamton, NY.
<<

Klankh79

Post Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:34 pm

sugardaddy wrote:
savage_dreams wrote:
Tommyr wrote:

hear hear!.....but what were his "unsavory actions" post-KISS???
<<

ypke

Post Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:32 am

CHRIS ARMY wrote:With the teleprompter, Gene still says, You drive me dizzy. Did it on the Kruise.

I heard it too and actually think it's funny, since it's been pkayed for about 40 years every show. I get how it happens, in the heat of the moment you focus on your music and the audience, and sometimes one more than the other.
<<

thunderwing

KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:21 am

elleneff wrote:"Heres a song....... Heres a song you might know......This one comes offa Dynasty... Goes a little like this .....LOVE GUN!!!! choo freee four!!!!"

PMSL
<<

drolaw

Post Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:07 pm

Why is this an issue?
<<

awawaw

Post Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:18 am

are you people fucking serious? shitting on someone who doesn't remember every little thing they have done. unlike you they have lives.
<<

ACESTATION

Post Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:29 am

I think Paul once commented on CK Lendt's book after it came out by saying "interesting for someone who wasn't there." (unless I'm the one with the bad memory. lol.
Lent said that he found it hard to believe that he "wasn't there."
<<

caligari

2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:47 pm

Tommyr wrote:

Me too!
AND the local radio station, WPDH printed a full page color picture from that concert (of them all onstage with Mark) the next year in their free calendar.
<<

Strutter67

Post Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:15 am

Lol Paul haters bashing Paul. Not a surprise. Paul's memory isn't bad nor selective. Just remembers what he remembers just like the rest of us. I guess Paul telling the truth just crawls up some people's asses. He remembers a lot of details and sometimes i'm like how? He's 65 years old so there will be some things he doesn't remember. And just like someone else said Paul doesn't sit there and look at their old albums and make lists like we did. I've done song lists for every album so many times so knowing what song is on what album is like knowing my fingers on each hand. Second nature. Maybe he should spend more time on that but he doesn't and now has Tommy to have his back on that stuff.
<<

justcoz

Post Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:23 pm

Tommyr wrote:
sugardaddy wrote:
savage_dreams wrote:
Tommyr wrote:

It's not the best response. Paul could have checked his sources before committing it to print. Mark only played 1 and a half shows for Pete sakes. He could have looked it up. Selective memory, he probably didn't like Mark but hell, HE & Gene HIRED HIM.

Paul's memory is fine. Even in his recent Steve Jones interview, he was recalling the names of certain musicians in The Pretenders and other bands. His passion for music and rock and roll history really stood out. The fact that he doesn't remember which songs came from which albums doesn't mean anything. KISS released two albums a year in their heyday and when you're working like that and coming up with material that quickly it makes total sense for things to get blurred. Paul isn't sitting staring at the covers of those finished albums and going back to them frequently like a fan does.

Ace says something completely wrong in practically every interview. Did you see Peter Criss on TMS with Eddie Trunk? He was completely mixed up when it came to certain albums and Eddie had to correct him multiple times. Get any group of men nearing 70 years old together to recall things from 30 to 45 years ago and this is what you get.
<<

THUNDERKISS66

Post Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:34 pm

savage_dreams wrote:
Tommyr wrote:

:D
<<

DonkeyKong

Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:45 pm

awawaw wrote:are you people fucking serious? shitting on someone who doesn't remember every little thing they have done. unlike you they have lives.

This!!! :salut:
<<

longtimekiss

Vinnie's Tupperware Party Assistant!
Vinnie's Tupperware Party Assistant!

Post Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:09 pm

He played the FULL SHOW in Poughkeepsie. I was there. Paul's full of shit.[/quote]

Would that have been Animalize tour? If so I was there also but don't remember shit from that show.
I know he talked about working at a hotel up here.
<<

ò¢† ǪÑÑÎߪ£ ãÐR

Post Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:35 pm

DonkeyKong wrote:
awawaw wrote:are you people fucking serious? shitting on someone who doesn't remember every little thing they have done. unlike you they have lives.

This!!! :salut:

:thumleft:
<<

HotterThanHeck

Post Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:08 pm

I have to admit. I thought this thread was titled 'Paul has a bald memory.......'

Return to GENERAL KISS DISCUSSION