Gene Banned From Fox News

<<

highvoltage1969

Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Post Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:15 am

Re: Gene Banned From Fox News

Mackemkiss wrote:Back to the demon...
..I dont understand what he was trying to do here?

Via US politics and David Attenborough :lol:
<<

AstroWarped

Stockholder in KISS Corp.

Post Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:18 am

He was just goofing around and having fun, like any normal person. With the witches and trolls out there trying to take away our freedom of speech, you are now not allowed to socialize and be playful, unless a person has the hots for you, telling jokes and joking around is illegal. The human body itself is now illegal. Sigh. It's getting so nazi-talibanistic-like, heh, maybe if we sent them to ISIS or North Korea, they'll lighten up and wise up.
<<

Mackemkiss

Vinnie's Tupperware Party Assistant!

Post Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:20 am

AstroWarped wrote:He was just goofing around and having fun, like any normal person. With the witches and trolls out there trying to take away our freedom of speech, you are now not allowed to socialize and be playful, unless a person has the hots for you, telling jokes and joking around is illegal. The human body itself is now illegal. Sigh. It's getting so nazi-talibanistic-like, heh, maybe if we sent them to ISIS or North Korea, they'll lighten up and wise up.

Sounds like you were there mate. What was the context? The idea that he bursts into a closed meeting ripping his shirt off and shouting "Sue me chicks!" seems a bit bizarre.
<<

battra

Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!

Post Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:21 am

Super Bee wrote:
battra wrote:
redinthesky wrote:
mainline wrote:Bill O'Reilly is accused of sexual harrassment by multiple women,and then get's fired,but is not banned from FNC since
he was allowed to appear on the Hannity show.
Gene Simmons appears to be joking around,and it also appears that it did get a bit out of hand,and Gene Simmons get's banned.
I don't want to make any excuses for Bill O'Reilly or Gene Simmons,but does this make any sense that Gene Simmons get's banned and not Bill O'Reilly?

You bring up a good point.....O'Reilly also hasn't 'proven' any of his accusers wrong so far, as he has promised to do multiple times. I'm wondering how long we are supposed to wait.

Funny, my friend above mentioned NPR, and they are going through quite a nice round of sexual complaints right now matter of fact.

As I told a friend of mine on the internets today....

Sexual abuse isn't a partisan issue.

The last I heard was the head of News...and then he resigned....good for him.

Unlike Bill O, Roy Moore, and Donald Trump.

Dont forget Ol' Bill Clinton. The Jedi master of sexual harassment. But lets not mention him. . lets sweep that under the rug, he has a "D" beside him name after all. :roll:

I don't know about Jedi master, but no one's saying Clinton was clean by any stretch. At least he apologized, I think he did anyway....you know I'm not sure.
<<

Fartbone

Might as well be the Admin!

Post Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:22 am

He lives in his own reality.
<<

Fartbone

Post Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:23 am

AstroWarped wrote:He was just goofing around and having fun, like any normal person. With the witches and trolls out there trying to take away our freedom of speech, you are now not allowed to socialize and be playful, unless a person has the hots for you, telling jokes and joking around is illegal. The human body itself is now illegal. Sigh. It's getting so nazi-talibanistic-like, heh, maybe if we sent them to ISIS or North Korea, they'll lighten up and wise up.

If someone taps my head with a book trying to be funny and I don't even know him then that guy would be knocked the fuck out.
<<

battra

Post Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:23 am

highvoltage1969 wrote:Off on a bit of a tangent, but can you watch Blue Planet II in the States? It's absolutely bloody amazing, some of then best television I've ever seen in my entire life, no one does natural history like the BBC, watch the trailer:

Or click here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_38JDGnr0vA

I've never heard of Blue Planet II....but that doesn't mean anything honestly.

Internet says Blue Planet II is supposed to be on BBC America, but I don't ever watch that channel....also I'm not sure if I even have it.
<<

Australia1980

Post Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:24 am

With everything that's been happening over the past few weeks, people are hyper-sensitive to bad behavior.

It was downright stupid for Gene to not be on his best behavior when visiting a news studio this week.
<<

highvoltage1969

Post Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:28 am

Awesome post, spot on. I hear Gene's looking for a new Head Of PR, you should apply.
<<

highvoltage1969

Post Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:29 am

battra wrote:
highvoltage1969 wrote:Off on a bit of a tangent, but can you watch Blue Planet II in the States? It's absolutely bloody amazing, some of then best television I've ever seen in my entire life, no one does natural history like the BBC, watch the trailer:

Internet says Blue Planet II is supposed to be on BBC America, but I don't ever watch that channel....also I'm not sure if I even have it.

It's the Sequel to 2001's Blue Planet.

Seek it out. Seriously.
Last edited by highvoltage1969 on Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

battra

highvoltage1969 wrote:

Awesome post, spot on. I hear Gene's looking for a new Head Of PR, you should apply.

Are you saying it's not appropriate to burst into a closed door meeting and pulling up your shirt and demanding women sue you?

I'm pretty sure it is.
<<

battra

highvoltage1969 wrote:
battra wrote:

Seek it out. Seriously.

Well, you were right about Stuff You Should Know.
<<

SaintN'Sinner83

Post Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:31 am

I was wondering when the marathon of sexual harassment accusations would reach the rock community..

Now I think the bell has been rung. Everyone should be on notice..
<<

highvoltage1969

Post Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:32 am

battra wrote:
highvoltage1969 wrote:

Are you saying it's not appropriate to burst into a closed door meeting and pulling up your shirt and demanding women sue you?

I'm pretty sure it is.

No I think it's fine :wink:
<<

battra

Post Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:33 am

highvoltage1969 wrote:
battra wrote:
highvoltage1969 wrote:

I'm pretty sure it is.

No I think it's fine :wink:

What about hitting people with a book?

That's cool right?

Seriously though...this is some really fucking bizarre behavior.
<<

highvoltage1969

Post Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:35 am

battra wrote:
highvoltage1969 wrote:
battra wrote:

Seek it out. Seriously.

Well, you were right about Stuff You Should Know.

That's why I'm recommending BPII. Not only is it amazing visually, it's scored by Hans Zimmer. You're daughter will love it, you're entire family will.
<<

Mackemkiss

Post Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:42 am

SaintN'Sinner83 wrote:I was wondering when the marathon of sexual harassment accusations would reach the rock community..

Now I think the bell has been rung. Everyone should be on notice..

Not the smartest move for someone of his reputation to make massive media enemies and shine the spotlight on himself.
Unless there is more context (The Wacko Jacko Paedo jokes - were they in response to something or was he just yelling them randomly with his chest out??) it's hard to take it tooseriously. But maybe Fox will dig dirt on him now?
<<

KISSworld1972

Might as well be a member of the band!

Post Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:50 am

Some stuff Gene was saying during his recent interview with Kathie Lee & Hoda regarding women seemed to rub them the wrong way, as Gene was quick to defend himself saying he was on their side.
It'll be just a matter of time before some non-KISS fan friends of mine throw the Gene/Fox story in my face if it crosses their newsfeed and I won't really know what to tell them. But something about that story rubs me the wrong way and sounds fishy, even for Gene's standards.

Gene Simmons oh no face.jpg
<<

tomwabe

Banned
Banned

Post Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:55 am

My best guess is that he is still under the misguided impression that a bit of alpha male controversy is good for business. Or - actually, given that the events described would generally revolve around a drunk, that aspects of dementia/ real delusion are creeping in.

I mean - if like so many here, you see the fact that he has a large amount of money as a rationale that whatever he does - well he's got more money than you.... and that's all you have around you all day every day - you might well lose all sense of reality and quite a lot of morality too.

He and Stanley have re-written the script, they are now the sole official architects of their own success.

He's playing a role - its part Monty Burns, part Caveman - but there's a whole lot of repressed schoolteacher and spoilt momma's boy in there too. He doesn't see those parts - its very clear that he is booring his way through life as what he sees as that powerful, envied, witty guy. Its an unappealing mix but he's still under the impression that its a winner. No person seems to be in a position to tell him that its time for a radical shift in persona. Maybe events will do that for us instead.
<<

Deuce1231

Post Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:58 am

I am convinced Gene is an asshole. Known it for years, actually. Doesn't affect me.

I am convinced he was quoted accurately on the interview.

I am convinced he hijacked a weather report, but the reporter was playing along and it made for good TV.

I am convinced he may have told Michael Jackson jokes that may or may not be in poor taste, depending on yours.

I am not convinced he assaulted anyone by hitting them with his book. That seems outside Gene's scope of asshattery.

I am also not convinced he unbuttoned his shirt and exposed his torso to interrupt a meeting.

For all his asshat qualities, he knows when to keep himself in check.

Something smells rotten in Denmark. This ban reeks of overt PC and potential fabrication of Gene's actions.

But that's just my opinion.
<<

Evo999

Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:06 pm

Crown Royal wrote:Let me guess ...those of us who are embarrassed by this, and feel it is just one of many mis-steps this great band has taken recently, and feel this is all ending terribly wrong, are not fans :|

Nah, Why would I be embarrassed because someone I don't know did something like this?
<<

LordThurisaz

Post Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:09 pm

Not sure which is more hilarious: Gene getting banned from anywhere that gives him endless opportunities for promotion, or this thread. :lol:
<<

KISSJeeper70

KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:12 pm

Deuce1231 wrote:I am convinced Gene is an asshole. Known it for years, actually. Doesn't affect me.

I am convinced he hijacked a weather report, but the reporter was playing along and it made for good TV.

I am convinced he may have told Michael Jackson jokes that may or may not be in poor taste, depending on yours.

I am not convinced he assaulted anyone by hitting them with his book. That seems outside Gene's scope of asshattery.

I am also not convinced he unbuttoned his shirt and exposed his torso to interrupt a meeting.

Something smells rotten in Denmark. This ban reeks of overt PC and potential fabrication of Gene's actions.

This
<<

wise

Post Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:13 pm

HEY CHICKS!

<<

tomwabe

Banned
Banned

Post Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:43 pm

KISSJeeper70 wrote:
Deuce1231 wrote:I am convinced Gene is an asshole. Known it for years, actually. Doesn't affect me.

This

This is a media outlet that has always been a friendly place for him - he is, unfortunately, a very 'Fox' kind of guy. This isn't a right wing agenda to f*ck up some left leaning idealist.

So, what would the motivation for hatching this up be?

Nor is this out of the blue - there have been successive days and successive threads here where a great many of us have, only partly in jest, asked if Gene is 'losing it'. This is just the one that has gone overground.

The whole 'Vault' thing ( I'm sorry, I know, i know...) is very poorly conceived and has proven divisive amongst the faithful. There doesn't seem to be anyone to curtail its excesses, its logistical failings, its desperately poor and confused marketing. Its a mess. And it's his mess.

He's out there on the road, never done it before without an equally, but oppositely delusional partner with at least the negative pull to keep things static. From various reports here he appears to have no sound man, no one marshalling the meet and greets. No semblance of stage management at all. The guy who famously, supposedly, analysed the rock shows of rivals and built his band on a fast paced, no nonsense template - now stands there proud-stupid and allows some no-mark local politician to tell his paying audience who he is. At length. Then he comes off the stage when clearly this whole thing is dying on its ass - not angry, not wielding his bass, not amused, not amusing. Just there, wandering around.

He has no idea, no premonition, as someone who has been in the business of being in the public eye for decades, that right now might not be the climate to release a book detailing the manipulations of power. Not with that reputation running alongside it...

Gene Simmons is no stranger to strange behavour at the moment.
Last edited by tomwabe on Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Ratmir

Post Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:59 pm

If what's been said is true I hope Gene doesn't apologize. If he indeed got banned for what is described then it tells much more about current climate then about Gene. PC insanity has to stop.
Last edited by Ratmir on Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

alivecatman

Post Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:00 pm

Who cares?
<<

AceCarr

2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:05 pm

Whether this story is true or not Gene does need to drop his man whore shtick. It's not only outdated and lame it's on everyone's radar today so it's not a good look for him to continue to act like that. Gene is stuck in the past and I expect it to catch up to him if he doesn't adjust with the times.
<<

battra

Post Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:06 pm

As someone who's taken part in hundreds of closed door business meetings, if some jackass did that to me, I'd fucking have him arrested.

If you think what he did was PC culture run amok, I have to wonder what you do for a living.
<<

AliveIIside4

Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:10 pm

Tonight I will play my 180g remastered Gene $immons solo album. Hate I didn't get Paul or Peters. Looks like they are out of print.
<<

wise

Post Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:21 pm

alivecatman wrote:Who cares?

This 100%
<<

tomwabe

Banned
Banned

Post Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:25 pm

alivecatman wrote:Who cares?

Right now?

Gene Simmons
Epic Rights and their many customers
Paul Stanley
Doc McGee

Rhino boy
Last edited by tomwabe on Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

j2m1979

Post Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:27 pm

Past time to retire...
<<

His Majesty

Post Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:32 pm

You know, a lot of the accused are either being fired, quitting their professions, or are being pressured to quit.

I wonder what would happen if Gene was formally accused of misconduct...
<<

Ikons

Post Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:40 pm

“Okay, I’m a powerful and attractive man, and what I’m about to say is deadly serious,” he continued.

:lol:

Maybe not, but within minutes he was demonstrating it. According to a knowledgeable Fox News source, Simmons showed up on the 14th floor to do a book-plugging interview with FoxNews.com’s entertainment section, but instead barged in on a staff meeting uninvited.

“Hey chicks, sue me!” he shouted, and then pulled open his red velvet shirt to reveal his chest and belly, according to the source.

How the hell am I supposed to picture that? If this article is true he acts like he's senile.
<<

metaldad

Post Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:09 pm

There is a much bigger question we must know the answer to
When do Casinos ban Paul from singing in them ?
<<

Thunderous_Lay

Post Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:13 pm

At least he didn't bit the head off a dove or a bat or whatever...

8) :lol:
<<

metaldad

Post Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:26 pm

Ikons wrote:
“Okay, I’m a powerful and attractive man, and what I’m about to say is deadly serious,” he continued.

:lol:

Maybe not, but within minutes he was demonstrating it. According to a knowledgeable Fox News source, Simmons showed up on the 14th floor to do a book-plugging interview with FoxNews.com’s entertainment section, but instead barged in on a staff meeting uninvited.

“Hey chicks, sue me!” he shouted, and then pulled open his red velvet shirt to reveal his chest and belly, according to the source.

How the hell am I supposed to picture that? If this article is true he acts like he's senile.

Genes big problem is he thinks he is funny
Same stupid cornball jokes in interviews for decades
Nobody tells him otherwise
<<

69th_B1izard

Post Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:31 pm

At least the New Yorker has done their research on “Nothin’ to Lose”. Lol

https://www.newyorker.com/culture/culture-desk/how-to-get-power-and-banned-from-fox-news-according-to-gene-simmons
<<

LordThurisaz

Post Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:39 pm

>I am a powerful and attractive man!
>Promotes book about manipulating power to your advantage.
>Acts silly at Fox News.
>Gets banned.

So much for being powerful and attractive, Gene. :lol:
PreviousNext

Return to GENERAL KISS DISCUSSION