Help  •  Register  •  Login

Gene Banned From Fox News

<<

jannep17

Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:57 am

Re: Gene Banned From Fox News

Stay tuned for more on this story, as it develops.
<<

HotterThanHeck

Might as well be a member of the band!
Might as well be a member of the band!

Post Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:57 am

Is any of this really a surprise to anyone here? A guy claiming to have sex with 400 quadrillion women gets banned for lewd behavior? The shock of it all!

In all seriousness, getting banned from FOX news for life should be worn as a badge of honor, but regardless of one's political persuasion, it's becoming increasingly more difficult to defend a media hell bent on sensationalism from every side of an argument that nobody would have had otherwise. Slow news day? Let's invent some! Yay for 24 hour news channels!

I don't think that anyone would agree that sexual harassment or assault is a good thing, and nobody should be able to defend it, but when half of my news feed is tied up with all of the latest allegations, stories like this hold less water than they would have otherwise. Muddying the waters and diluting the issue does nobody any favors. Crap like this doesn't bring awareness to anything, nor is it news. Everybody knew what Gene was like for 40 years.

So why now? Just look around you. It was just a matter of time before he got called out like this while promoting his overpriced box set. The fact that it was FOX News, of all people, just makes me laugh.
<<

Mackemkiss

Vinnie's Tupperware Party Assistant!

Post Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:01 am

We don't have fox news in the UK but I've heard its a shit channel
So well done Gene for exposing the idiots! 8)
Except...I get the impression he got banned for the wrong reasons! :oops:

Oh Gene! Only you...
<<

battra

Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!

Post Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:09 am

Mackemkiss wrote:We don't have fox news in the UK but I've heard its a shit channel

Oh Gene! Only you...

Fox News viewers routinely score the lowest on current events quizzes in the USA.
<<

Fartbone

Might as well be the Admin!

Post Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:10 am

Mackemkiss wrote:We don't have fox news in the UK but I've heard its a shit channel

Oh Gene! Only you...

Fox is a good ole boy network that has an agenda of cleansing the country of them bad non white folk and get back to the good ole days when they kept the non whites in check.

CNN is a treehugging politically correct network that has an agenda to turn the country into a kumbaya world at all costs. Even if it means turning everyone into soft marshmallows.

They both can F off.

I'm a guy who hates the rich/corrupt but also is for the death penalty. Those two news networks don't fit MY AGENDA!
<<

Augmented6

Post Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:21 am

The channel that parades hot legs on camera 24/7 bans the guy who wrote Christine Sixteen. Probably a good move.
<<

highvoltage1969

Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Post Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:28 am

Fartbone wrote:

Oh Gene! Only you...

Fox is a good ole boy network that has an agenda of cleansing the country of them bad non white folk and get back to the good ole days when they kept the non whites in check.

CNN is a treehugging politically correct network that has an agenda to turn the country into a kumbaya world at all costs. Even if it means turning everyone into soft marshmallows.

They both can F off.

I'm a guy who hates the rich/corrupt but also is for the death penalty. Those two news networks don't fit MY AGENDA!

Is news coverage in the US really that polarized?

Where would you go for impartial reportage?
<<

battra

Post Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:37 am

highvoltage1969 wrote:
Fartbone wrote:

Oh Gene! Only you...

They both can F off.

In the USA the impartial reporting is NPR, PBS, and The AP.

NPR/PBS would be a close equivalent of the BBC and the CBC.

But there are people who will tell you, they are left wing orgs....because right wing news orgs tell them that.
<<

Fartbone

Post Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:42 am

highvoltage1969 wrote:
Fartbone wrote:

Oh Gene! Only you...

They both can F off.

Very much so. They are the fuse lighters for the bomb that's about to go off here in the USA.
<<

redinthesky

Post Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:50 am

battra wrote:
highvoltage1969 wrote:
Fartbone wrote:

Oh Gene! Only you...

They both can F off.

Now you are just trolling because not even you can possible believe that total bulls**t to be true in any way. And if you do actually believe that nonsense, well, ignorance sure as hell is bliss. Must be nice living life high as a kite every day.
Last edited by redinthesky on Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
<<

battra

Post Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:51 am

redinthesky wrote:
battra wrote:
highvoltage1969 wrote:
Fartbone wrote:

Oh Gene! Only you...

They both can F off.

Now you are just trolling because not even you can possible believe that total bulls**t to be true in any way. And if you do actually believe that nonsense, well, ignorance sure as hell is bliss. Must be nice living life high as a kite every day. :-P :-P

Told you.

A right winger just popped in to say that.

I am curious though, do you think Focus on the Family is a left wing source?

Because I've heard so much of them on NPR.

Also, where do you get the information that they're biased?
<<

redinthesky

Post Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:54 am

battra wrote:
redinthesky wrote:
battra wrote:
highvoltage1969 wrote:
Fartbone wrote:

Oh Gene! Only you...

They both can F off.

Now you are just trolling because not even you can possible believe that total bulls**t to be true in any way. And if you do actually believe that nonsense, well, ignorance sure as hell is bliss. Must be nice living life high as a kite every day. :-P :-P

Told you.

A right winger just popped in to say that.

And another left-winger just showed again he lives in a fantasy world. Whoops! Just broke my own statement, ok from this one on.

BTW if it was CNN Gene did all that stuff on, they would have reported it as Mick Jagger until Gene proved otherwise. :)
<<

Trance

Post Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:56 am

CNN have blood on their hands from the Vegas massacre.

There's no impartial news in the USA, 99% far left garbage and then there's FoxNews' garbage. If you're not a democrat you're a racist, if you voted for Trump you're a white supremacist at KKK meetings every night, if you didn't vote at all and take a knee to the American flag at a football game you're GQ's "Man Of The Year" ... America is so fucked.

Fox News has been sued so much lately they probably banned him in fear that they'd be sued again.

Don't get me started on the 24/7 "news" channels, they should all be banned for life ... it's not news anymore it's 24/7 televised social media. Used to if you wanted to see or hear about politics you turned on the tv Sunday morning, now it's non-stop and everywhere ... even on a KISS forum.

Anyway, I think I read this Gene story on the NY Post site, so I think it's a real story ... one article somewhere said he joked about pedophilia, another article said he joked about Michael Jackson being a pedophile ... HUGE difference ... they need to get it right before they print FAKE news.
<<

Trance wrote:
All this technology = THE END.

:salut:
<<

Thunderous_Lay

Stockholder in KISS Corp.

Read this earlier...

Simmons was appearing on a pair of shows on the conservative news network – Fox and Friends, and Mornings With Maria – to promote his new book, On Power. According to a Fox News source speaking to the Daily Beast, Simmons barged in on a staff meeting, unbuttoned his shirt and exposed his torso, shouting: “Hey chicks, sue me!”

That's hilarious.

8) :lol:
<<

mainline

Post Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:57 am

Bill O'Reilly is accused of sexual harrassment by multiple women,and then get's fired,but is not banned from FNC since
he was allowed to appear on the Hannity show.
Gene Simmons appears to be joking around,and it also appears that it did get a bit out of hand,and Gene Simmons get's banned.
I don't want to make any excuses for Bill O'Reilly or Gene Simmons,but does this make any sense that Gene Simmons get's banned and not Bill O'Reilly?
<<

Super Bee

Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:58 am

battra wrote:

Oh Gene! Only you...

Fox News viewers routinely score the lowest on current events quizzes in the USA.

I never curse on forums but this was worth the . . . Are you fucking kidding me. . . . :roll
Last edited by Super Bee on Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
<<

battra

Post Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:58 am

redinthesky wrote:And another left-winger just showed again he lives in a fantasy world. Whoops! Just broke my own statement, ok from this one on.

BTW if it was CNN Gene did all that stuff on, they would have reported it as Mick Jagger until Gene proved otherwise. :)

Here's a link for you.

It's an older article, but that's the way things are.

The fact that redinthesky has no facts to back up anything he says aside from insult, is all the proof you need that he's wrong.
<<

battra

Post Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:59 am

Super Bee wrote:
battra wrote:

Oh Gene! Only you...

I never curse on forums but this was worth the . . . Are you fucking kidding me. . . . :roll:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0[/youtube]

No, I'm not kidding you.

Also...to be fair... MSNBC is right there with Fox News...

[url=http://www.adweek.com/tvnewser/survey-sunday-show-viewers-npr-listeners-most-informed-fox-news-and-msnbc-viewers-least-informed/130324A survey from Fairleigh Dickinson University suggests that listeners to NPR and viewers of “The Daily Show” and Sunday public affairs shows are more informed than people who get their news primarily from, MSNBC or Fox News.[/url]

24/7 Cable News shows are bastions of lies and exagegrations.
Fox News viewers have polled lower than people who don't watch the news or follow current events.
Last edited by battra on Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

slipkid69

Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!

Post Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:59 am

Fucking guy is a neanderthal. Why is this shocking to anyone?? :gene:
<<

redinthesky

Post Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:04 am

mainline wrote:Bill O'Reilly is accused of sexual harrassment by multiple women,and then get's fired,but is not banned from FNC since
Gene Simmons appears to be joking around,and it also appears that it did get a bit out of hand,and Gene Simmons get's banned.
I don't want to make any excuses for Bill O'Reilly or Gene Simmons,but does this make any sense that Gene Simmons get's banned and not Bill O'Reilly?

You bring up a good point.....O'Reilly also hasn't 'proven' any of his accusers wrong so far, as he has promised to do multiple times. I'm wondering how long we are supposed to wait.

Funny, my friend above mentioned NPR, and they are going through quite a nice round of sexual complaints right now matter of fact.
<<

Thunderous_Lay

Post Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:04 am

slipkid69 wrote:Fucking guy is a neanderthal. Why is this shocking to anyone?? :gene:

Welcome to a brave new world, AKA, 21st Century Schizoid Humanity.

8) :lol:
<<

battra

Post Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:05 am

redinthesky wrote:
mainline wrote:Bill O'Reilly is accused of sexual harrassment by multiple women,and then get's fired,but is not banned from FNC since

You bring up a good point.....O'Reilly also hasn't 'proven' any of his accusers wrong so far, as he has promised to do multiple times. I'm wondering how long we are supposed to wait.

Funny, my friend above mentioned NPR, and they are going through quite a nice round of sexual complaints right now matter of fact.

As I told a friend of mine on the internets today....

Sexual abuse isn't a partisan issue.

The last I heard was the head of News...and then he resigned....good for him.

Unlike Bill O, Roy Moore, and Donald Trump.
<<

battra

Post Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:09 am

battra wrote:
redinthesky wrote:

It's a lot like saying serial killing is a partisan issue because of the Ted Bundy or John Wayne Gacy....

I just noticed...Ted Bundy doesn't get his middle name like the rest of them.

Either way, sexual assault, harassment, and misconduct is bad regardless of what the person doing it claims to or claims not to believe.
<<

BlackDiamond67

Post Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:10 am

I think the best reporting these days is probably by The Wall Street Journal.
They are owned by NewsCorp which owns National Geographic Channel and...Fox News.

The UK has a version of Fox News. It’s called SkyNews (Sky UK).
And the BBC, while it does good reporting at times, totally slanted their coverage during the Brexit vote. (Towards remaining in the EU).

NPR and PBS are quite left-leaning. Let’s remember that leftist, Juan Williams, was fired from NPR for honesty stating that people in Muslim garb make him nervous on an airplane.
<<

redinthesky

Post Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:11 am

battra wrote:
redinthesky wrote:And another left-winger just showed again he lives in a fantasy world. Whoops! Just broke my own statement, ok from this one on.

Here's a link for you.

The fact that redinthesky has no facts to back up anything he says aside from insult, is all the proof you need that he's wrong.

I did mean it kind of light-hearted, apologies if it looked insulting, my bad. But about CNN, if you don't know by now that they are full of s**t, I'm not gonna do your research for you or try to make you more aware, it's up to you to keep up. It's been common knowledge for a long time now for very good reason.....I simply suggest you keep up on things much, much closer. Tip: Stephen Colbert and other "comedians" shouldn't be your news source. Although I'm sure nothing will change your mind anyway, as that's one thing about many people who lean your way - you can say 2+2=5 with an absolute straight face, and then call someone a 'racist' when they disagree and present facts to the contrary.

I'm already seeing many defend and meticulously gloss over Al 'Fish Lips' Franken's behavior.....and guess where they all lay politically. And the silence from Franken's peers, including prominent women, is disgusting. Feeling proud? You should - so far, success.
<<

battra

Post Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:18 am

redinthesky wrote:
battra wrote:

Here's a link for you.

I did mean it kind of light-hearted, apologies if it looked insulting, my bad. But about CNN, if you don't know by now that they are full of s**t, I'm not gonna do your research for you or try to make you more aware, it's up to you to keep up. It's been common knowledge for a long time now for very good reason.....I simply suggest you keep up on things much, much closer. Tip: Stephen Colbert and other "comedians" shouldn't be your news source. Although I'm sure nothing will change your mind anyway, as that's one thing about many people who lean your way - you can say 2+2=5 with an absolute straight face, and then call someone a 'racist' when they disagree and present facts to the contrary.

I'm already seeing many defend and meticulously gloss over Al 'Fish Lips' Franken's behavior.....and guess where they all lay politically. And the silence from Franken's peers, including prominent women, is disgusting. Feeling proud? You should - so far, success.

1. I know Trump and Co have been leading the "Fake News" charge at CNN and only praising FRIENDLY news sources.

2. I also know that 24/7 Cables news is all shit...(as I stated more than once in my posts.)

3. I also know when I'm getting slanted/biased news and when I'm not. I have no need for that because those are lies. Tell me what happened and allow me to editorialize for myself.

4. I have neither watched The Daily Show nor the Colbert Report in about 5 or 6 years and was never a dedicated viewer of either. What I did enjoy about those shows were the lampooning of the hypocrisy of the 24/7 News Media and Political Congress Critters (though admittedly it was more focused towards the right than the left.)

5. I've seen NO ONE defend Al Franken, no need for insults, aside from saying the photo showing his groping didn't show that. I have supported his taking full accountability of his actions rather than denigrating the victim in the case like Roy Moore, Bill O'Reilly, and Donald Trump did.

What I have seen regarding Franken among my most liberal friends was serious fucking disappointment (to paraphrase Shannon Doherty from Mallrats.) I saw one gent post about how he felt with Wiener's transgressions were (first) brought to light...that really hurt btw he was such a great congress critter...but how Franken hurt worse. Naturally, I don't support anything Franken did save his taking responsibility.

6. I will call someone a racist when they support racism. No questions about that.
<<

mainline

Post Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:20 am

battra wrote:
redinthesky wrote:

You misunderstood what I posted.
How is it that Bill O'reilly is fired but not banned from FNC for his bad behavior,and Gene Simmons is immediately banned for kidding around or
if it is bad behavior?
<<

semidetached

Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Post Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:22 am

redinthesky wrote:
battra wrote:
redinthesky wrote:I'm already seeing many defend and meticulously gloss over Al 'Fish Lips' Franken's behavior.....and guess where they all lay politically. And the silence from Franken's peers, including prominent women, is disgusting. Feeling proud? You should - so far, success.

And I'm seeing many more people on the left denouncing him than I ever would have expected. Not a success, not a competition.
<<

SaintN'Sinner83

Post Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:29 am

That scenario written sounded like an Onion article. Is this really true...?
<<

Terminator

Banned
Banned

Post Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:30 am

I enjoy being a Canadian where I can watch all the American news outlets and see the left and the right lie and destroy their country in oblivion for nothing more than greed, ego and a globalist agenda.
All kidding aside. From a Canadian point of view the current left/liberal/Democrat American point of view is as corrupt, unintelligent, and least factual point of view in history. Want to see how a politically correct narrative can destroy a country? Just follow the American left.
<<

highvoltage1969

Post Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:33 am

US politics is a curious beast, and at the moment absolutely fascinating. From an outsiders perspective it seems as though people pick a party like they would a football team and then just support it regardless. I know that's likely to be a gross over simplification and correct me if I'm wrong, but it feels as though American's really do define themselves by their political POV : "I'm a Democrat / Republican." Is there any over lap / middle ground? What would it take for a Democrat for instance to switch allegiance?

I guess part of the reason it appears so polarised from a UK perspective is that, whilst traditionally our 2 main political parties represented (broadly) the working classes vs the upwardly mobile / more privileged, that delineation has been eroded over the last 25 years or so to the point where until recently, there really wasn't that much difference between the 2.

Two things I'm always wary of when talking to American's is discussing either nationalism or politics. I tread carefully until I've sniffed out what sort of person I'm dealing with :)
Last edited by highvoltage1969 on Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Fartbone

Post Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:47 am

highvoltage1969 wrote:US politics is a curious beast, and at the moment absolutely fascinating. From an outsiders perspective it seems as though people pick a party like they would a football team and then just support it regardless. I know that's likely to be a gross over simplification and correct me if I'm wrong, but it feels as though American's really do define themselves by their political POV : "I'm a Democrat / Republican." Is there any over lap / middle ground? What would it take for a Democrat for instance to switch allegiance?

I guess part of the reason it appears so polarised from a UK perspective is that, whilst traditionally our 2 main political parties represented (broadly) the working classes vs the upwardly mobile / more privileged, that delineation has been eroded over the last 25 years or so to the point where until recently, there really wan't that much difference between the 2.

Two things I'm always wary of when talking to American's is discussing either nationalism or politics. I tread carefully until I've sniffed out what sort of person I'm dealing with :)

As an American who doesn't side with either party I just sick back and laugh. Wait, no, I really sit back and cry.
<<

battra

Post Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:48 am

mainline wrote:You misunderstood what I posted.
How is it that Bill O'reilly is fired but not banned from FNC for his bad behavior,and Gene Simmons is immediately banned for kidding around or
if it is bad behavior?

I thought O'Reilly was back? No?

In regards to his behavior, I mean, why doesn't he just own up to it?

As for why FNC treated O'Reilly differently than Simmons....that's up to them and their bottom line.

I can't see how it helps either way, but, it's not my company.
<<

battra

Post Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:51 am

highvoltage1969 wrote:US politics is a curious beast, and at the moment absolutely fascinating. From an outsiders perspective it seems as though people pick a party like they would a football team and then just support it regardless. I know that's likely to be a gross over simplification and correct me if I'm wrong, but it feels as though American's really do define themselves by their political POV : "I'm a Democrat / Republican." Is there any over lap / middle ground? What would it take for a Democrat for instance to switch allegiance?

I guess part of the reason it appears so polarised from a UK perspective is that, whilst traditionally our 2 main political parties represented (broadly) the working classes vs the upwardly mobile / more privileged, that delineation has been eroded over the last 25 years or so to the point where until recently, there really wan't that much difference between the 2.

Americans are very, very influenced by TV.

Couple that with our schools being attacked over the years...and many Americans have lost critical thinking skills...why? Because it's simply no longer taught.

Ask yourself why when 98% of scientists agree that man has a role in global warming does nearly half our population believe phony science funded by polluters? Then I've seen them buttress their arguments, with if you say global warming is real, you'll make more money as a scientist.

That's the state of America right now.
<<

highvoltage1969

Post Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:06 am

Fartbone wrote:

As an American who doesn't side with either party I just sick back and laugh. Wait, no, I really sit back and cry.

Do you think lots of American's feel like this?
<<

highvoltage1969

Post Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:08 am

battra wrote:

Couple that with our schools being attacked over the years...and many Americans have lost critical thinking skills...why? Because it's simply no longer taught.

Ask yourself why when 98% of scientists agree that man has a role in global warming does nearly half our population believe phony science funded by polluters? Then I've seen them buttress their arguments, with if you say global warming is real, you'll make more money as a scientist.

:cry:
<<

Super Bee

Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:11 am

battra wrote:
redinthesky wrote:

Dont forget Ol' Bill Clinton. The Jedi master of sexual harassment. But lets not mention him. . lets sweep that under the rug, he has a "D" beside him name after all. :roll:
<<

highvoltage1969

Post Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:12 am

battra wrote:

Off on a bit of a tangent, but can you watch Blue Planet II in the States? It's absolutely bloody amazing, some of then best television I've ever seen in my entire life, no one does natural history like the BBC, watch the trailer:

Or click here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_38JDGnr0vA
Last edited by highvoltage1969 on Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Mackemkiss

Post Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:13 am

Back to the demon...
..I dont understand what he was trying to do here?
PreviousNext

Return to GENERAL KISS DISCUSSION