Gene Banned From Fox News

<<

Crimson Harpoon

Might as well be the Admin!

Post Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:09 pm

Re: Gene Banned From Fox News

Rockandrolloverman wrote:Gene is a heavy metal rock star

Were his actions to crude for the public??? good God how much of a prude can they be? That’s wacky even for that very conservative network

Gene doesn't come off like a rock star. IMHO he never has. He's just a pompous ass who plays a cliched act of what he thinks is the rock star persona... That and a creepy old man.
<<

Klankh79

Might as well be a member of the band!

Post Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:32 pm

all ive got to say is that our own times are all coming. the door has been kicked open.....people can be persecuted/prosecuted for things they did long ago without a shred of proof, it is only a matter of time until each and every one of us finds ourselves in hot water at the hands of those who choose to be offended, rather than strong. someone once said that when fascism came to america, it would come bearing a bible and a crucifix, or something like that. it has come, bearing only self righteousness and a rigid soul unwilling to let things go.
<<

highvoltage1969

Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Post Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:01 pm

Klankh79 wrote:all ive got to say is that our own times are all coming. the door has been kicked open.....people can be persecuted/prosecuted for things they did long ago without a shred of proof, it is only a matter of time until each and every one of us finds ourselves in hot water at the hands of those who choose to be offended, rather than strong. someone once said that when fascism came to america, it would come bearing a bible and a crucifix, or something like that. it has come, bearing only self righteousness and a rigid soul unwilling to let things go.

Get a grip! :lol: The old saggy windbag has been banned for acting like a spanner and pissing the wrong people off. Its not an end of days scenario and he'll probably sell more books as a result.
<<

Klankh79

Post Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:02 pm

high voltage, are you an american?
<<

highvoltage1969

Post Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:03 pm

Klankh79 wrote:high voltage, are you an american?

Would that make a difference?

I'm not.
<<

Klankh79

Post Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:11 pm

highvoltage1969 wrote:

I'm not.

yes. because if you were, you'd know we're living in a look-over-your-shoulder world over here right now. i didnt describe an "end of days" scenario. i described what its like to be an american in the brave new world. and its fucking scary. someone i picked on in junior high might be able to fuck up my life somehow, if they choose to.

a couple years ago a guy had his professional basketball franchise taken from him - for words he said in the privacy of his own home. if that isnt something to be worried about.... i dont know what is.
<<

KissKing73

Post Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:34 pm

Somewhere Paul Stanley has retreated to a quite room in his house, to get all his frustrations out in a new painting.
<<

jannep17

Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:49 pm

Klankh79 wrote:
highvoltage1969 wrote:

I'm not.

yes. because if you were, you'd know we're living in a look-over-your-shoulder world over here right now. i didnt describe an "end of days" scenario. i described what its like to be an american in the brave new world. and its fucking scary. someone i picked on in junior high might be able to fuck up my life somehow, if they choose to.

a couple years ago a guy had his professional basketball franchise taken from him - for words he said in the privacy of his own home. if that isnt something to be worried about.... i dont know what is.

I agree, this government is totally out of line. Impeach!
<<

destroyerrnro

Post Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:53 pm

Impeach whom? Obama was the president then and is no longer in office.
<<

Easy Catman

Vinnie's Tupperware Party Assistant!
Vinnie's Tupperware Party Assistant!

Post Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:54 pm

SaintN'Sinner83 wrote:I was wondering when the marathon of sexual harassment accusations would reach the rock community..

Now I think the bell has been rung. Everyone should be on notice..

Exactly, we have had the film industry in the US on trial and here in the UK politics has had its turn, where next - the world of Rock and Roll has to be one of THE most fertile lines for investigation and exposure. A stupid bit of Tomfoolery on the part of Gene and watch this thing run.
With the many thousands of sexual partners old Geno has had the pleasure with over the years, there will be some ticking time bombs out there. Someone could have advised him that this might not be the best time to release a book on exerting power over people :shock:
<<

CominHome

Post Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:47 pm

Fartbone wrote:As an American who doesn't side with either party I just sick back and laugh. Wait, no, I really sit back and cry.

We need to have a beer sometimes. I thought I was the only one.
<<

metaldad

Post Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:49 pm

CominHome wrote:
Fartbone wrote:As an American who doesn't side with either party I just sick back and laugh. Wait, no, I really sit back and cry.

Make that 3 beers
<<

CominHome

Post Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:51 pm

metaldad wrote:
CominHome wrote:

Make that 3 beers

Hell yeah, make mine a Guinness on tap !
<<

Forevertj

Post Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:02 pm

highvoltage1969 wrote:
Fartbone wrote:
Mackemkiss wrote:We don't have fox news in the UK but I've heard its a shit channel
So well done Gene for exposing the idiots! 8)
Except...I get the impression he got banned for the wrong reasons! :oops:

Oh Gene! Only you...

Fox is a good ole boy network that has an agenda of cleansing the country of them bad non white folk and get back to the good ole days when they kept the non whites in check.

CNN is a treehugging politically correct network that has an agenda to turn the country into a kumbaya world at all costs. Even if it means turning everyone into soft marshmallows.

They both can F off.

I'm a guy who hates the rich/corrupt but also is for the death penalty. Those two news networks don't fit MY AGENDA!

Is news coverage in the US really that polarized?

Where would you go for impartial reportage?

As of right now there is a new station called OAN, One America News. I have not seen it, but the people I know at the gym says it tells the news and nothing else.
<<

MarshallG

KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:07 pm

redinthesky wrote:Jesus, this story is all over the place now and is picking up major steam. If true, that would really suck, for Gene to act like that much of an asshole. And behavior that gets you banned from the #1 cable news network also isn't exactly a smart business move. Would love to hear his excuse and what Paul would say about this mess.

I dunno, the Fox News Channel demographic is 60+, a few years outta the demographic.

Those that are in the demographic probably picketed Kiss concerts back in day citing they were devil worshipers.
<<

Forevertj

Post Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:07 pm

mainline wrote:Bill O'Reilly is accused of sexual harrassment by multiple women,and then get's fired,but is not banned from FNC since
he was allowed to appear on the Hannity show.
Gene Simmons appears to be joking around,and it also appears that it did get a bit out of hand,and Gene Simmons get's banned.
I don't want to make any excuses for Bill O'Reilly or Gene Simmons,but does this make any sense that Gene Simmons get's banned and not Bill O'Reilly?

Bill is innocent. IMO. I have read the facts. Even if he wasn't. Anyone that he supposedly harassed signed a non disclosure agreement after settling. Any lawyer will tell you to settle to make it go away, in no way does it imply guilt. They broke their agreement by taking the money, signing the agreement and then talking about it. That is not legal. A non disclosure agreements means "Zip it".
<<

Forevertj

Post Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:10 pm

redinthesky wrote:
battra wrote:
redinthesky wrote:And another left-winger just showed again he lives in a fantasy world. Whoops! Just broke my own statement, ok from this one on.

BTW if it was CNN Gene did all that stuff on, they would have reported it as Mick Jagger until Gene proved otherwise. :)

Here's a link for you.

It's an older article, but that's the way things are.

The fact that redinthesky has no facts to back up anything he says aside from insult, is all the proof you need that he's wrong.

I did mean it kind of light-hearted, apologies if it looked insulting, my bad. But about CNN, if you don't know by now that they are full of s**t, I'm not gonna do your research for you or try to make you more aware, it's up to you to keep up. It's been common knowledge for a long time now for very good reason.....I simply suggest you keep up on things much, much closer. Tip: Stephen Colbert and other "comedians" shouldn't be your news source. Although I'm sure nothing will change your mind anyway, as that's one thing about many people who lean your way - you can say 2+2=5 with an absolute straight face, and then call someone a 'racist' when they disagree and present facts to the contrary.

I'm already seeing many defend and meticulously gloss over Al 'Fish Lips' Franken's behavior.....and guess where they all lay politically. And the silence from Franken's peers, including prominent women, is disgusting. Feeling proud? You should - so far, success.

Red, did you see the undercover video where the CNN program director admitted to the Russian collusion thing as being BS? It's a riot man.
<<

Forevertj

Post Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:12 pm

SaintN'Sinner83 wrote:That scenario written sounded like an Onion article. Is this really true...?

"hey chicks sue me" NO WAY he said that.
<<

Forevertj

Post Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:14 pm

battra wrote:
Super Bee wrote:
battra wrote:
redinthesky wrote:
mainline wrote:Bill O'Reilly is accused of sexual harrassment by multiple women,and then get's fired,but is not banned from FNC since
he was allowed to appear on the Hannity show.
Gene Simmons appears to be joking around,and it also appears that it did get a bit out of hand,and Gene Simmons get's banned.
I don't want to make any excuses for Bill O'Reilly or Gene Simmons,but does this make any sense that Gene Simmons get's banned and not Bill O'Reilly?

You bring up a good point.....O'Reilly also hasn't 'proven' any of his accusers wrong so far, as he has promised to do multiple times. I'm wondering how long we are supposed to wait.

Funny, my friend above mentioned NPR, and they are going through quite a nice round of sexual complaints right now matter of fact.

As I told a friend of mine on the internets today....

Sexual abuse isn't a partisan issue.

The last I heard was the head of News...and then he resigned....good for him.

Unlike Bill O, Roy Moore, and Donald Trump.

Dont forget Ol' Bill Clinton. The Jedi master of sexual harassment. But lets not mention him. . lets sweep that under the rug, he has a "D" beside him name after all. :roll:

I don't know about Jedi master, but no one's saying Clinton was clean by any stretch. At least he apologized, I think he did anyway....you know I'm not sure.

Before or after he was impeached for lying under oath? :P just a tease, don't get mad.
<<

Tanith

KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:46 pm

battra wrote:Americans are very, very influenced by TV.

This. I'd advise those of you who have not done so to grab Ray Bradbury's Fahrenheit 451 and read it, taking particular note of the society the story is set in...people live with wall-sized TV's blasting foolishness at them 24/7. Sounds familiar, doesn't it?

Now, on topic. I strongly suspect Gene is jealous of all the controversy swirling about this particular topic, and wants to get into the act. Similarly, I expect a certain orange bellowing person to tweet something amazingly stupid about this sometime soon.

;)
<<

AkuDrummer

Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:48 pm

Mackemkiss wrote:In one clip he says he's ownedthe copyright on the dollar bag for 28 years.... On the other clip he says 25 years

My god, those clips are three years apart?? He hasn’t aged a day!
<<

steveh67

2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:49 pm

Crimson Harpoon wrote:

Were his actions to crude for the public??? good God how much of a prude can they be? That’s wacky even for that very conservative network

Gene doesn't come off like a rock star. IMHO he never has. He's just a pompous ass who plays a cliched act of what he thinks is the rock star persona... That and a creepy old man.

I thought of him as one, once upon a time.

But when started selling toilet paper with KISS printed on it, and thought we all needed to hear his opinion on the world, that's when i jumped off.

Agree, he is a pompous old ass for sure in 2017.

p.s Anyone think there are other children out there of his, he is not aware off!
<<

Mr. Kiss

Post Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:57 pm

:oops: ... :roll: ... :!:
<<

Forevertj

Post Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:14 pm

Tanith wrote:
battra wrote:Americans are very, very influenced by TV.

This. I'd advise those of you who have not done so to grab Ray Bradbury's Fahrenheit 451 and read it, taking particular note of the society the story is set in...people live with wall-sized TV's blasting foolishness at them 24/7. Sounds familiar, doesn't it?

Now, on topic. I strongly suspect Gene is jealous of all the controversy swirling about this particular topic, and wants to get into the act. Similarly, I expect a certain orange bellowing person to tweet something amazingly stupid about this sometime soon.

;)

Orange is the new Black. :D

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2372162/
<<

41Mets

Council of the Elder
Council of the Elder

Post Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:39 pm

I knew of an incident in which Gene really offended a female staffer at a significant media event around the time of the release of Monster. I'd rather not get into details but it was very regrettable.

I will always be a big Kiss fan, but it's hard to agree with the way Gene conducts himself quite often. There's a lot I like about him, and a lot that is very questionable.

My favorite years of Kiss are far behind. Everything since the Reunion and Farewell has really done nothing to add to their legacy for me, and the band hasn't generated a lot of excitement for me since then with much of anything new they have done. The best stuff has been Fire and Water, some of Ace's solo stuff and Peter's Farewell show was a major highlight for me. Although I have to imagine the Kruises would make me feel otherwise as a standout item, just not affordable for me. Seeing them live once in awhile is still cool, but it's not what it used to be.

I'm not expecting the band to stop and glad there are others that have really enjoyed them in this version of the band and over the past decade and a half. But I have not seen too many highlights and Gene being in the news in this way is certainly a newer lowlight,

But life goes on, and I'll always have great memories of the past, Kiss is a band based on nostalgia anyway. I love Gene Simmons, but there's not a lot to say here after this.
<<

LordThurisaz

Post Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:11 pm

Forevertj wrote:Red, did you see the undercover video where the CNN program director admitted to the Russian collusion thing as being BS? It's a riot man.

With Project Veritas or whatever?
<<

Fair Baseball

Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!

Post Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:00 pm

41Mets wrote:I knew of an incident in which Gene really offended a female staffer at a significant media event around the time of the release of Monster. I'd rather not get into details but it was very regrettable.

I will always be a big Kiss fan, but it's hard to agree with the way Gene conducts himself quite often. There's a lot I like about him, and a lot that is very questionable.

My favorite years of Kiss are far behind. Everything since the Reunion and Farewell has really done nothing to add to their legacy for me, and the band hasn't generated a lot of excitement for me since then with much of anything new they have done. The best stuff has been Fire and Water, some of Ace's solo stuff and Peter's Farewell show was a major highlight for me. Although I have to imagine the Kruises would make me feel otherwise as a standout item, just not affordable for me. Seeing them live once in awhile is still cool, but it's not what it used to be.

I'm not expecting the band to stop and glad there are others that have really enjoyed them in this version of the band and over the past decade and a half. But I have not seen too many highlights and Gene being in the news in this way is certainly a newer lowlight,

But life goes on, and I'll always have great memories of the past, Kiss is a band based on nostalgia anyway. I love Gene Simmons, but there's not a lot to say here after this.

As always, well said Mets.
I agree with that.
<<

Tail of a hurricane

Post Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:08 pm

I love the way it says “making lewd Michael Jackson jokes”. He can’t beat the Michael Jackson joke I made up.

What’s Michael Jackson’s favourite flavour of ice cream?

Boysenberry.
<<

Forevertj

Post Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:16 pm

41Mets wrote:I knew of an incident in which Gene really offended a female staffer at a significant media event around the time of the release of Monster. I'd rather not get into details but it was very regrettable.

Mets, It occurred to me a hour ago that if Gene really did show his chest and said "Sue me ChickS" He was making fun of Harvey Weinstein. Because Harvey would supposedly undress and do awful things. That is the only possible context that makes any sense to me.
<<

stickyfinger

Stockholder in KISS Corp.
Stockholder in KISS Corp.

Post Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:15 am

Crimson Harpoon wrote:

You nailed it.

And also gotta remember that times have changed, which is good. While back in the day it was maybe considered "cool" for rock star to act like an ass, but it is not that anymore. Nobody is impressed if somebody acts like a dick, whether you are a rock star, movie star or anybody. It is way more "cooler" just to be yourself, respectful and down to earth – which it should be.

While Nikki Sixx is a guy who has bullshitted, made up stories and invented himself (and not in a good way) many times over the years – at least nowadays he is a rock star, who is trying to portray himself as a pretty humble and somehow smart guy. Of course we don't know how much of an ass he is outside media, but he comes really well on interviews nowadays. While his whole persona used to be this whole over the top rock star role, now he has turned it around. That works.

And of course in the end, whether we are talking about Gene, Nikki or anybody, we are talking about middle aged / senior / adults, so it would be at least desirable for adults to act like adults. Not like 20 year olds.
<<

tomwabe

Banned
Banned

Post Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:27 am

Terminator wrote:
tomwabe wrote:
Terminator wrote:
Thunderous_Lay wrote:
tomwabe wrote:
Thunderous_Lay wrote:
tomwabe wrote:
Thunderous_Lay wrote:
69th_B1izard wrote:At least the New Yorker has done their research on “Nothin’ to Lose”. Lol

https://www.newyorker.com/culture/culture-desk/how-to-get-power-and-banned-from-fox-news-according-to-gene-simmons

Are you being sarcastic...? I ask because, if they had, they'd know it wasn't about Gene coercing her then-GF into doing anal sex.

Provided I got the lyrics right, it was consensual and if it hadn't, I'm fairly sure Gene wouldn't talk about it, let alone be dumb enough to write a song about it.

8) :lol:

What part of "She didn't wanna do it" is hard to understand?

"But baby please don't refuse" - there's your coercion right there.

Those crazy 70s.

My interpretation is that she didn't wanna do it at first because it was something new and / or awkward, not because Gene physically forced her to do it.

- -

You people are seeing things that are not there.

Coercion doesn't mean physically forced. It means persuaded by threats or force. Gene has successfully painted himself into a corner where this kind of interpretation seems totally legitimate. Christ, read some of the quotes from the book - I mean coercion is how a delusional neanderthal would use their 'power', isn't it? The man is telling you that he is a misogynist brute. Why wouldn't you believe him?

No offense but at this point in time, you come across as borderline delusional.

Gene wrote the lyrics for Nothin' To Lose over forty years ago, preceding the release of their self-titled album, in a time where he was - together with Paul - pretty much a NOBODY no one knew or cared about.

If he had coerced one, two or several women into sex acts they'd consider to be degrading, do you really believe forty years would go by without one of them coming forward and trying to make a quick buck out of it...?! Or more...?!

- -

All in all, I dunno if Gene is losing touch with reality, but you sure did already.
don't bother debating with the haters. They want nothing more than to see everything Kiss go down in flames. Anything to justify their opinions and narrative.

Have you read the last part of my OP on another thread - where I wish that Gene and Paul would spend their 'own dollar' on refurbishing the band and going somewhere interesting with it?

Don't mistake my despair with Gene Simmons and Paul Stanley - and my disdain for people like you - with my feelings for KISS.

Are you remotely familiar with an old British situation comedy called Dads Army? I know they took to Benny Hill in the colonies, but I doubt that particular show would have traveled?

Anyhow, there's this character called The Verger - he dotes on the town's mild mannered Vicar in a way that is both pathetic and hilarious. And he always pops up to try sneak a cowardly snook at the more popular characters if he feels that they've overstepped some spurious bureaucratic mark.

That's you that is.
Do I have this correct? You equate yourself to a questionably shady vicar on a second rate Benny Hill British comedy?
This is comedy gold! You're freaking hilarious! :lol:

Unsurprisingly no, you do not have this correct. I don't believe you do dote on me, do you?
<<

jannep17

Post Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:38 am

destroyerrnro wrote:Impeach whom? Obama was the president then and is no longer in office.

You're right. This government is useless. Why don't they do anything?
<<

Deluxe Edition

KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:00 am

Gene has always played up his caveman views on how men and women act, the reasons etc...it is amazing that he wasn't singled out earlier. They are just his hollow excuses to cover up the sleaziness which is a huge part of his personality.
<<

goinblind

Post Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:20 am

Forevertj wrote:

Mets, It occurred to me a hour ago that if Gene really did show his chest and said "Sue me ChickS" He was making fun of Harvey Weinstein. Because Harvey would supposedly undress and do awful things. That is the only possible context that makes any sense to me.

Gene has made many comments in recent years about how political correctness has run amok. There was a recent interview regarding the vault where he used the term "chicks" several times, so that part isn't out of character.

I think the "sue me" part is definitely a comment on the current sexual assualt news stories. But I think he's kind of saying "hey, not everything you find offensive is sexual assault. Sometimes it's just an idiot guy trying to flirt with you."

I keep thinking about how when I was growing up, there were countless stories about how guys from Gene's era got a girl by being persistent. Today that would be known as harassment and stalking.
<<

Ikons

Post Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:41 am

Klankh79 wrote:all ive got to say is that our own times are all coming. the door has been kicked open.....people can be persecuted/prosecuted for things they did long ago without a shred of proof, it is only a matter of time until each and every one of us finds ourselves in hot water at the hands of those who choose to be offended, rather than strong. someone once said that when fascism came to america, it would come bearing a bible and a crucifix, or something like that. it has come, bearing only self righteousness and a rigid soul unwilling to let things go.

Let me ask you this: if a guest in your house acted like a complete ass, would you be fine with that? Gene was invited to promote his stupid book and he ruined it by acting like a senile wannabe rock star.
<<

goinblind

Post Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:50 am

Ikons wrote:

Let me ask you this: if a guest in your house acted like a complete ass, would you be fine with that? Gene was invited to promote his stupid book and he ruined it by acting like a senile wannabe rock star.

Give us a break -- the fact is, it wasn't anyone's house, it's an entertainment show. They want larger-than-life and controversial personalities because they generate higher ratings.

Some entertainers can turn it on and off when the cameras are on and off, and some are going to keep being outrageous when the camera is off. That's the nature of entertainers.

It doesn't sound to me like Gene did anything close to harassment or assault, he was just a bit of an ass, which is de rigueur.
<<

TOMINO

Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:19 am

He's a fool. The problem is he will never listen to anyone but himself. He seriously thinks his behaviour is "funny" and "cool" when he's just an embarrassment. His interviews are repetitive and bollocks anyway.
<<

Ikons

Post Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:30 am

goinblind wrote:
Ikons wrote:

Give us a break -- the fact is, it wasn't anyone's house, it's an entertainment show. They want larger-than-life and controversial personalities because they generate higher ratings.

Some entertainers can turn it on and off when the cameras are on and off, and some are going to keep being outrageous when the camera is off. That's the nature of entertainers.

It doesn't sound to me like Gene did anything close to harassment or assault, he was just a bit of an ass, which is de rigueur.

He wasn't on the show at the time, he was behind the scenes. You do not act like an imbecile and intrude on people's work or you get booted, it works that way in literally every office building in America, so it goes for Fox as well.
<<

Forevertj

Post Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:33 am

goinblind wrote:
Forevertj wrote:

Gene has made many comments in recent years about how political correctness has run amok. There was a recent interview regarding the vault where he used the term "chicks" several times, so that part isn't out of character.

I think the "sue me" part is definitely a comment on the current sexual assualt news stories. But I think he's kind of saying "hey, not everything you find offensive is sexual assault. Sometimes it's just an idiot guy trying to flirt with you."

I keep thinking about how when I was growing up, there were countless stories about how guys from Gene's era got a girl by being persistent. Today that would be known as harassment and stalking.

:thumleft:
<<

semidetached

Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Post Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:34 am

If there is anyone that doesn't believe this, they know nothing about Gene Simmons.
Attachments
20171118_072851.jpg
PreviousNext

Return to GENERAL KISS DISCUSSION