Banned
Banned

Post Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:39 pm

Is There A Manager In The House?!

'Own 1977 stage worn KISS socks!'

'What would you LIKE in 2018?'

'KISS Kruise Vault Experience...'

'So the Vault appearances will be not one off's?'

and last, but very much not least, the future legend that is 'Gene Simmons band in Providence tonight'

This could have gone on any of these threads and more without fearing accusations of derailment (OK, probably not) - but I feel that a theme is emerging that brings it all together. Complete and utter lack of creative management and sound guidance.

Is it too early for 'A Christmas Carol'?

Come with me back to a New York Loft in 1973 - Gene and Paul are two jobbing hopefuls hanging around music studios wondering how to grab a piece of the action. They are not visionaries, not true creatives, they are not scene makers indeed they are not successful social animals in any way.

What they are is ruthless and hard working.

and that's it.

So they shop their rank-amateur take on 'what if there were four Alices?' (you've seen Lydia's book, the formative image is a mess - and these are young men, but they're not kids) to Bill Aucoin and his partner and their friend with a record label - and they whip the half formed idea into shape because, well - let us remember Alice was the absolute thing of that moment - and there's always an entrepreneur ready to push something that is the same but different - but essentially, in mom and dad mainstream terms - the same.

The result is bottled-lightning genius. The songs are tough, the singers are all, variously, great and the woozy skinny guitar player is perfect aspirational material for the pre-teens. And it proves, for a season, to be as marketable as, oh, The Billion Dollar Babies Tour - but its a more durable vehicle. There are no problematic arty types on board, so... no artistic differences - the motivation is, solely, and possibly uniquely, money.

Years go by - the vehicle has a lot of new body work and they're still - just- young enough to bob along as they always have, with whatever trend the day might bring.

They come back again in makeup and they need an old school tough guy to hammer out the deals. One of those professionally intimidating, whiff of criminality, brash 80's bullet-head. They had their place and their time I guess - if you like that sort of thing. And they were all as supremely artless as our two original chancers.

But I don't see any purpose for them now.

So now - they appear - in terms of art (in its narrower - Woloch and wider - Aucoin senses) to be completely adrift.

I have to look at the state of KISSworld in 2017 and ask myself - are you a fan of Gene Simmons, of Paul Stanley - or are you, in fact, a fan of the creations of Delaney, Ezrin, Kelly and Woloch that all too briefly decorated a couple of fairly blank canvases?

Rhino have completely abdicated artistic guidance on the Vault and its marketing. The whole thing is a f*cking mess. A couple of days back I used an old Danny Kaye song as a metaphor for what should happen. And 'last night in Providence' we had our brave, clear eyed youth hollering that the King is, indeed, in the altogether.

The marketing hobbles from one confusing calamity to another - from Cassius Morris to the QVC sale on dirty socks. You hear him again in Providence, scanning his lost territory, cradling his bass like an old man in the early stages of dementia might tote a leaf-blower - "BOB DYLAN, three songs, Van Halen brothers..." Gene, no one cares. We've heard the stupid price and we don't care.

And we come to the purpose of this thread... IS THERE A MANAGER IN THE HOUSE?!

Now he's off the stage, he's wondering around dressed as someone who last went shopping for 'rock star clobber' at the cheaper end of Camden market in 1989. Are his small audience even on his side? Not really. It looks very much as though he's already lost them.

Then we have his treatment of those employed to assist him. On the relevant thread Asamphord, doubtless correctly, opines:
If you listen to the recording of the show and have any knowledge about running live sound it's pretty obvious the guy behind the board either barely knows what he's doing or just didn't care. Probably the latter. Union guys.

But if that is true, if that is the excuse, what the hell is arena rock star Gene Simmons doing out there on the road without his own sound man? My Daughter's band is currently out on the road - things look promising but there is very little, if any, money left at the end of each night - BUT THEY HAVE, AND PAY, THEIR OWN DEDICATED SOUND GUY.

Again... IS THERE A MANAGER IN THE HOUSE?!

'The KISS Kruise Vault Experience' - well, amongst the scramble of rehearsed blether Gene did let slip something new: the usual "only a few thousand of these... (indicates studded wheelie bin)... five thousand..." a breakthrough of sorts! We have a rough guide to the limits of this limited edition.

Gene, that is, by my latest count ( Who's going? - click - hardly anyone!) 4,600 too many. And after that sock revelation too.

IS THERE A MANAGER IN THE HOUSE?!

Soul Station? A music Paul has no feel for, a music he is imagining, in his dotage, was his first love. Yes, you saw Otis - that is because he was supporting the skinny white Londoners you'd actually paid to see. Its a music that relies on vocal ability, power and technique you say? Well, in 2017 - who better?

What would you LIKE in 2018?

McGee be gone, Rhino boy be gone ( you're probably a nice guy but - you are Gil on the Canyonero lot)

An intervention by Universal (if they still care), by a fully awake Rhino CEO, by someone who has a vision for how KISS might regain one last short season of glory - a movie
cameo to build on - a stately, brooding Demon, an ageing but dignified Casanova. Hinge new costumes from that - battle-weathered, make-up artfully distressed. Go back to the dark side one last time. Make a new album - heavier, rougher but well produced. Don't bring Kramer back - Kramer was a great engineer, but Delaney had produced it to hell and back already. Get someone young, someone from now. Get an art team assembled - there are amazing people out there, but Doc McGee wouldn't recognize them if he fell over them.

This is where you spend 'your own dollar', not traipsing (fully insured!) from conference facility to conference facility with a CD of 'My Uncle is a Raft' bolted to a pallette load of brieze-blocks.
Last edited by tomwabe on Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.
<<

wise

Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Post Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:46 pm

Re: Is There A Manager In The House?!

What the hell is that? Compress that into a ten word sentence.
<<

tomwabe

Banned
Banned

Post Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:49 pm

wise wrote:What the hell is that? Compress that into a ten word sentence.

Live up to your name and develop an attention span.

That's ten.
<<

wise

Post Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:00 pm

tomwabe wrote:

That's ten.

<<

Admin

Play some music, PLEASE!

Post Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:06 pm

tomwabe wrote:'Own 1977 stage worn KISS socks!'

and last, but very much not least, the future legend that is 'Gene Simmons band in Providence tonight'

This could have gone on any of these threads and more without fearing accusations of derailment (OK, probably not) - but I feel that a theme is emerging that brings it all together. Complete and utter lack of creative management and sound guidance.

Come with me back to a New York Loft in 1973 - Gene and Paul are two jobbing hopefuls hanging around music studios wondering how to grab a piece of the action. They are not visionaries, not true creatives, they are not scene makers indeed they are not successful social animals in any way.

and that's it.

So they shop their rank-amateur take on 'what if there were four Alices?' (you've seen Lydia's book, the formative image is a mess - and these are young men, but they're not kids) to Bill Aucoin and his partner and their friend with a record label - and they whip the half formed idea into shape because, well - let us remember Alice was the absolute thing of that moment - and there's always an entrepreneur ready to push something that is the same but different - but essentially, in mom and dad mainstream terms - the same.

The result is bottled-lightning genius. The songs are tough, the singers are all, variously, great and the woozy skinny guitar player is perfect aspirational material for the pre-teens. And it proves, for a season, to be as marketable as, oh, The Billion Dollar Babies Tour - but its a more durable vehicle. There are no problematic arty types on board, so... no artistic differences - the motivation is, solely, and possibly uniquely, money.

Years go by - the vehicle has a lot of new body work and they're still - just- young enough to bob along as they always have, with whatever trend the day might bring.

They come back again in makeup and they need an old school tough guy to hammer out the deals. One of those professionally intimidating, whiff of criminality, brash 80's bullet-head. They had their place and their time I guess - if you like that sort of thing. And they were all as supremely artless as our two original chancers.

So now - they appear - in terms of art (in its narrower - Woloch and wider - Aucoin senses) to be completely adrift.

I have to look at the state of KISSworld in 2017 and ask myself - are you a fan of Gene Simmons, of Paul Stanley - or are you, in fact, a fan of the creations of Delaney, Ezrin, Kelly and Woloch that all too briefly decorated a couple of fairly blank canvases?

Rhino have completely abdicated artistic guidance on the Vault and its marketing. The whole thing is a f*cking mess. A couple of days back I used an old Danny Kaye song as a metaphor for what should happen. And 'last night in Providence' we had our brave, clear eyed youth hollering that the King is, indeed, in the altogether.

The marketing hobbles from one confusing calamity to another - from Cassius Morris to the QVC sale on dirty socks. You hear him again in Providence, scanning his lost territory, cradling his bass like an old man in the early stages of dementia might tote a leaf-blower - "BOB DYLAN, three songs, Van Halen brothers..." Gene, no one cares. We've heard the stupid price and we don't care.

Now he's off the stage, he's wondering around dressed as someone who last went shopping for 'rock star clobber' at the cheaper end of Camden market in 1989. Are his small audience even on his side? Not really. It looks very much as though he's already lost them.

Then we have his treatment of those employed to assist him. On the relevant thread Asamphord, doubtless correctly, opines:
If you listen to the recording of the show and have any knowledge about running live sound it's pretty obvious the guy behind the board either barely knows what he's doing or just didn't care. Probably the latter. Union guys.

But if that is true, if that is the excuse, what the hell is arena rock star Gene Simmons doing out there on the road without his own sound man? My Daughter's band is currently out on the road - things look promising but there is very little, if any, money left at the end of each night - BUT THEY HAVE, AND PAY, THEIR OWN DEDICATED SOUND GUY.

'The KISS Kruise Vault Experience' - well, amongst the scramble of rehearsed blether Gene did let slip something new: the usual "only a few thousand of these... (indicates studded wheelie bin)... five thousand..." a breakthrough of sorts! We have a rough guide to the limits of this limited edition.

Gene, that is, by my latest count ( Who's going? - click - hardly anyone!) 4,600 too many. And after that sock revelation too.

Soul Station? A music Paul has no feel for, a music he is imagining, in his dotage, was his first love. Yes, you saw Otis - that is because he was supporting the skinny white Londoners you'd actually paid to see. Its a music that relies on vocal ability, power and technique you say? Well, in 2017 - who better?

McGee be gone, Rhino boy be gone ( you're probably a nice guy but - you are Gil on the Canyonero lot)

An intervention by Universal (if they still care), by a fully awake Rhino CEO, by someone who has a vision for how KISS might regain one last short season of glory - a movie
cameo to build on - a stately, brooding Demon, an ageing but dignified Casanova. Hinge new costumes from that - battle-weathered, make-up artfully distressed. Go back to the dark side one last time. Make a new album - heavier, rougher but well produced. Don't bring Kramer back - Kramer was a great engineer, but Delaney had produced it to hell and back already. Get someone young, someone from now. Get an art team assembled - there are amazing people out there, but Doc McGee wouldn't recognize them if he fell over them.

This is where you spend 'your own dollar', not traipsing (fully insured!) from conference facility to conference facility with a CD of 'My Uncle is a Raft' bolted to a pallette load of brieze-blocks.

You forgot the most important thing...
<<

tomwabe

Banned
Banned

Post Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:11 pm

wise wrote:
tomwabe wrote:

That's ten.

Oh they have time... and time to find and post the 'hilarious' giffs too. But can they follow any thinking that might require more than ten words? Gene is relying on the fact that you can't.
<<

battra

Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!

Post Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:13 pm

and that's it.

You're assuming that anyone would believe Kiss could make that dollar back.

Kiss has become a parody of themselves that's doing a Kiss themed satire.

Your points are valid, well thought, and perfectly emotional. Lots of us have spent decades with this band. Some of us haven't stood in the crowd screaming this is perfectly fine!

Oh well, what do I know?
<<

tomwabe

Banned
Banned

Post Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:17 pm

Admin wrote:

and that's it.

You forgot the most important thing...

A wry smile and a little chuckle?

Because actually, watching a former hero make a complete ass of himself day after day is really a good thing?
<<

caligari

2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:30 pm

SALTS

Smiled A Little Then Stopped
<<

Mackemkiss

Vinnie's Tupperware Party Assistant!

Post Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:58 pm

Decent fun read but we all know KISS isn't about taking chances now so its a bit pointless to go on about it.
I love the idea of costumes that work WITH their age instead of against - not going to happen though
And yeah - get Skrillex in or Danger Mouse or even Mutt to produce - not going to happen!
<<

tomwabe

Banned
Banned

Post Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:06 pm

Mackemkiss wrote:Decent fun read but we all know KISS isn't about taking chances now so its a bit pointless to go on about it.
I love the idea of costumes that work WITH their age instead of against - not going to happen though
And yeah - get Skrillex in or Danger Mouse or even Mutt to produce - not going to happen!

Well, yes, I know... what we'll obviously get is to rubberneck as the car continues to crash in slow motion. Was trying to be a fan again for a flickering moment.
<<

Australia1980

Might as well be the Admin!

Post Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:25 pm

I was under the impression that Gene was dedicating 2018 to flying around and distributing The Vault?

If so, do you guys think KISS will return in 2019 or just kinda fizzle during the 2 year hiatus?

TomWabe, I like your ideas as far as righting the ship. Also, the bit about Gil on the Canyonero lot put a smile on my face
<<

Easy Catman

Post Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:35 pm

Many good points Tomwabe, I did think there was going to be a bright future with the Momoiroclover Z project that really was original new and interesting a bringing together of different ages and cultures. I honestly don't know who was the brains behind this and with any departure there was many here who hated it but for me this project really shook things up. Was this the Doc I dunno?

Also when Paul was in a positive frame of mind about doing a new album he wanted it to be new and different to what we would expect I certainly would love this to happen. I still have a glimmer of hope in this direction.
<<

tomwabe

Banned
Banned

Post Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:44 pm

Easy Catman wrote:Many good points Tomwabe, I did think there was going to be a bright future with the Momoiroclover Z project that really was original new and interesting a bringing together of different ages and cultures. I honestly don't know who was the brains behind this and with any departure there was many here who hated it but for me this project really shook things up. Was this the Doc I dunno?

Also when Paul was in a positive frame of mind about doing a new album he wanted it to be new and different to what we would expect I certainly would love this to happen. I still have a glimmer of hope in this direction.

I'm totally with you on the Japanese girl-group collaboration - whatever you thought of the song - and in its KISS version it was a bit of a dog (I liked the girls version more) but the real treasure was the great art on both CDs and the animated video. This is what I'd have loved to see being taken on. I was thrilled when the CD packs came in the post from Japan - and it seemed like a real chance for change - their best covers and promo in years, but it all evaporated and we're back to Saga cruises, online photoshop filter tutorials, flames and the same photo session, forever.
<<

LordThurisaz

Post Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:33 pm

It's early, but screw it: I am thankful for Tom Wabe, as he is always the one to congeal our malformed, half-assed attempts at making points into long diatribes that one actually wants to read, and is agreeable to boot.

Thanks very much, Tom.
<<

metaldad

Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:56 pm

I like the op
I love Beer
If Ace does not rejoin Kiss soon
He will be the opening act
For Steel Panther
<<

tomwabe

Banned
Banned

Post Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:00 am

'Gene banned from Fox News'

So we wake as the sun rises on another day on KISSworld and, as inevitably as that sun rising, we have Gene making an ass of himself again. But, unchecked, things are escalating.

So, once again....
IS THERE A MANAGER IN THE HOUSE!

No one in their right mind sanctions a second product / promotional campaign when the latest one is still in play and needs all the help it can possibly get. So on top the Vault we have a strange little book about 'Power'. I guess it'll be the same as his other strange little books about Power and money.

HELLO!

Is anyone remotely aware of the current media climate here? Jesus Christ! If your charge has a rep as a wanton 'womaniser', and he established that rep during decades that are currently having their every possible indiscretion and dirty secret hauled out into the light - And all of those cases centre on the abuse of financial power and influence. Get that book shelved, and get that client right away from anything but the rock media.

Here in Britain we had a horrific creature called Jimmy Saville, a pop DJ and media personality who's vile activities were, we came to see, 'hidden in plain sight'. He produced an autobiography that pretty much laid a trail of clues.

Now, calm down - I'm not remotely suggesting that Gene is a similar character - but he's making a bang-on job of laying a trail that a scandal-hungry media can hone in on and question his conduct. Then he behaves in his usual condescending, superior and - to steal one from the Nibbler - ham fisted way while promoting said ill-advised, unwanted product. Do not hang the boorish way that you display your much trumpeted 'power', your past, your really rather strange belief system out there in the current frenzy.

Gene is currently a bull in a china shop, a loose cannon on the deck of the SS KISS - and no one is able to get a grasp on him and put - even a temporary - hold on this.
<<

elleneff

2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:57 am

and that's it.

I don't disagree with any of that.
Its well reasoned, well thought out and superbly communicated.

I wish Kiss would be creative and find inspiration to write, to think, and get excited again, to reimagine it for a final hurrah.
Doc Magee was great for the reunion. Hes now got his new hair and teeth and like Kiss, hes coasting on empty.
At least Paul McGuinness knew precisiely when he had to step down and reclaim his life. He could do no more for U2 . They needed fresh thinking/management and he forced them to take those chances.

But to take it out one last time, and make something exciting again, fresh and new, theyd have to be creative and stop making excuses.
And while we desperately want them to be more like U2 , or Cheap Trick and keep writing, recording and putting out new records time and again, keep reinventing themselves, keep thinking new ways to connect with the public, and markets and fans- they simply keep making excuses as to why they cant or don't instead. Oh its the fans who ruined things, its the industry, its the market, its everything and everybody bar themselves, no blame there - taking ownership and responsibility for their own lack of impetus. and trying to distract and divert away from the real reasons and I project and superimpose here - Pauls voice is shot, they are spent creatively, they think rather than waste time writing and recording its easier and more productive to appeal to that small number who are higher spends per head. The 2500 on the Kruise, the 100 on the meet and greets, the 10 or 20 who will spend 10k on a stage used guitar and handshake and photo.
The thinking appears to be more along the lines of - not how can we reach and expand our audience and expand and widen our music base, but , Guys , out of whats left , how can we maximise our Gross profit per head?

If theres any fault, we, as fans need to lower our expectation to zero, and stop wishing they would or could be something they are not.

Because Kiss is a band that the dedicated fans project onto.

and theres only so much milage you can stretch out of the, oh but if it makes you happy and its not hurting anyone line.

That's the line rolled out for hiring hookers or bible bashers....
<<

elleneff

2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:03 am

tomwabe wrote:'Gene banned from Fox News'

So we wake as the sun rises on another day on KISSworld and, as inevitably as that sun rising, we have Gene making an ass of himself again. But, unchecked, things are escalating.

So, once again....
IS THERE A MANAGER IN THE HOUSE!

No one in their right mind sanctions a second product / promotional campaign when the latest one is still in play and needs all the help it can possibly get. So on top the Vault we have a strange little book about 'Power'. I guess it'll be the same as his other strange little books about Power and money.

HELLO!

Is anyone remotely aware of the current media climate here? Jesus Christ! If your charge has a rep as a wanton 'womaniser', and he established that rep during decades that are currently having their every possible indiscretion and dirty secret hauled out into the light - And all of those cases centre on the abuse of financial power and influence. Get that book shelved, and get that client right away from anything but the rock media.

Here in Britain we had a horrific creature called Jimmy Saville, a pop DJ and media personality who's vile activities were, we came to see, 'hidden in plain sight'. He produced an autobiography that pretty much laid a trail of clues.

Now, calm down - I'm not remotely suggesting that Gene is a similar character - but he's making a bang-on job of laying a trail that a scandal-hungry media can hone in on and question his conduct. Then he behaves in his usual condescending, superior and - to steal one from the Nibbler - ham fisted way while promoting said ill-advised, unwanted product. Do not hang the boorish way that you display your much trumpeted 'power', your past, your really rather strange belief system out there in the current frenzy.

Gene is currently a bull in a china shop, a loose cannon on the deck of the SS KISS - and no one is able to get a grasp on him and put - even a temporary - hold on this.

Correct. and this display was misguided with specific respect to trying to Alpha male Fox "news"
Now hes primed himself as an enemy of Fox Propaganda and now a target for investigation and rumour as fact.

That 80s bullshit arrogant sales modus really stopped working once the internet and investigation became deriguer.
No wonder certain people hate the internet, its made them accountable for their lies.
<<

Sssnakester

Post Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:28 am

There are way too many fucking words in this thread.
<<

Grizzly Adams

Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!

Post Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:36 am

Sssnakester wrote:There are way too many fucking words in this thread.

I'll paraphrase...
Someone thinks it's a good idea for a couple of 60+ year-old, multi-millionaire rock stars to hire a person to tell them what to do in this stage of their lives.
<<

battra

Post Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:45 am

Oh man....

Go watch Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade right now...

There's a great line in there, and it's pretty apropos based on the protests in America, when Jones Sr. slaps a Nazi in the face and says, maybe if you read books instead of burning them.
<<

Vandelay Industries

Post Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:15 am

When Bob Lefsetz put Gene in his place after their debate, you'd have thought, at the very least, Gene would've done some woodshedding with his business skills (or lack of), instead of doubling down by faking it even more.

Said it before, but you shouldn't trust any business advice given by someone who won the lottery...
<<

tomwabe

Banned
Banned

Post Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:16 am

Grizzly Adams wrote:

I'll paraphrase...
Someone thinks it's a good idea for a couple of 60+ year-old, multi-millionaire rock stars to hire a person to tell them what to do in this stage of their lives.

You think the spiralling evidence suggests the contrary? So one must mention the evidence. It'll be the first thing the ocean going tubbies will demand anyway - so get it out of the way.

What has their current financial standing got to do with it? And are they solely responsible for their financial good fortune anyway? That's why you need more words, see.

More words and less memes - your box sets will be cheaper, your rock stars cooler, less vilified across international media, less of a joke to everyone who wasn't floating off the coast of nowhere, blissful because the 60+ year olds had played a song they wrote in 1979.

Wasn't that supposed to make everything alright?
<<

scottbassist

Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:32 am

Mackemkiss wrote:Decent fun read but we all know KISS isn't about taking chances now so its a bit pointless to go on about it.

But if they get Danger Mouse to produce new Kiss music, please, please, please don't have Danger Mouse stack the backing vocals upon backing vocals upon backing vocals like Danger Mouse did with the Black Keys' "El Camino" LP. It ruined that record. It made each chorus of each song sound like 200 munchkins from the Wizard of Oz were singing along with Dan into the microphone. #Awful. :?
<<

rscott71

Post Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:21 am

tomwabe wrote:
Grizzly Adams wrote:

I'll paraphrase...

You think the spiralling evidence suggests the contrary? So one must mention the evidence. It'll be the first thing the ocean going tubbies will demand anyway - so get it out of the way.

What has their current financial standing got to do with it? And are they solely responsible for their financial good fortune anyway? That's why you need more words, see.

More words and less memes - your box sets will be cheaper, your rock stars cooler, less vilified across international media, less of a joke to everyone who wasn't floating off the coast of nowhere, blissful because the 60+ year olds had played a song they wrote in 1979.

You really are mad that you can't go on a Kruise aren't you. Start saving now for next year you pompous wind bag
<<

tomwabe

Banned
Banned

Post Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:32 am

rscott71 wrote:
tomwabe wrote:
Grizzly Adams wrote:

I'll paraphrase...

You really are mad that you can't go on a Kruise aren't you. Start saving now for next year you pompous wind bag

Yes - its obvious from my every posting that I'd love to pay a large amount of money to stand around all day while Gene and Paul try to sell me more and more tat that I don't want. And all in the charming company of people such as yourself. It's so tempting...
<<

semidetached

Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Post Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:34 am

rscott71 wrote:
tomwabe wrote:
Grizzly Adams wrote:

I'll paraphrase...

Kruiser here. Loved that I heard rare stuff, sucks that I had to go on vacation to get it. But I had a nice time. :D
<<

rscott71

Post Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:36 am

tomwabe wrote:
rscott71 wrote:
tomwabe wrote:
Grizzly Adams wrote:

I'll paraphrase...

Yes - its obvious from my every posting that I'd love to pay a large amount of money to stand around all day while Gene and Paul try to sell me more and more tat that I don't want. And all in the charming company of people such as yourself. It's so tempting...

Why would it make anyone mad that G&P are trying to sell you more and more tat? It appears you have self control issues and would lap it all up. Maybe you shouldn't save up for the Kruise next year. Stay on dry land where your dictionary and thesaurus won't get wet
<<

rscott71

Post Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:38 am

semidetached wrote:
rscott71 wrote:
tomwabe wrote:
Grizzly Adams wrote:

I'll paraphrase...

Kruiser here. Loved that I heard rare stuff, sucks that I had to go on vacation to get it. But I had a nice time. :D

So did I. tomwabe can bash G&P ,the idea of the Kruise etc etc, but I'm awful sick of him bashing the Kruise attendees. Self important drivel is all I see from him in every post now
<<

semidetached

Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Post Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:41 am

rscott71 wrote:
semidetached wrote:
rscott71 wrote:
tomwabe wrote:
Grizzly Adams wrote:

I'll paraphrase...

So did I. tomwabe can bash G&P ,the idea of the Kruise etc etc, but I'm awful sick of him bashing the Kruise attendees. Self important drivel is all I see from him in every post now

Perhaps, but I can't be mad at the original post either. I walked onto the boat expecting to be let down by KISS (and immediately was during the sailaway show, and then was more angry when I saw the Kulicks give the fans what the band should). For me it's a KISS themed vacation - them pulling out "I" to close a show was maybe THE best moment I've ever had as a fan. But that aside, I don't disagree with anything else he's said in this thread.
<<

tomwabe

Banned
Banned

Post Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:49 am

rscott71 wrote:
tomwabe wrote:
rscott71 wrote:
tomwabe wrote:
Grizzly Adams wrote:

I'll paraphrase...

Why would it make anyone mad that G&P are trying to sell you more and more tat? It appears you have self control issues and would lap it all up. Maybe you shouldn't save up for the Kruise next year. Stay on dry land where your dictionary and thesaurus won't get wet

it all flows very naturally from the head of Wabe - no external sources are in play.

The rationalizers, the enablers and the excusers are truly out in force tonight. I don't want to vacation on a floating merch stand. I don't want to visit Paul's shonky faux-fine art gallery. I don't want a boxwood bass or to pay to be shown how to plunk an open string in time. If you were brighter you'd find stuff like that worthless too. I 'have self control issues!' F*cking hell, listen to yourself...
<<

rscott71

Post Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:16 am

tomwabe wrote:
rscott71 wrote:
tomwabe wrote:
rscott71 wrote:
tomwabe wrote:
Grizzly Adams wrote:

I'll paraphrase...

it all flows very naturally from the head of Wabe - no external sources are in play.

The rationalizers, the enablers and the excusers are truly out in force tonight. I don't want to vacation on a floating merch stand. I don't want to visit Paul's shonky faux-fine art gallery. I don't want a boxwood bass or to pay to be shown how to plunk an open string in time. If you were brighter you'd find stuff like that worthless too. I 'have self control issues!' F*cking hell, listen to yourself...

I did not do one of the things you seem to rail on about on that boat. There is so much to do that those things are a tiny tiny part of the overall experince. You can choose to pay for them, or you can do some of the other activities that have nothing to do with paying Gene And Paul more money. This is exactly what I'm talking about when I say maybe you should just stfu if you haven't been there
<<

semidetached

Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Post Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:20 am

tomwabe wrote:
rscott71 wrote:
tomwabe wrote:
rscott71 wrote:
tomwabe wrote:
Grizzly Adams wrote:

I'll paraphrase...

Is it possible to see both sides here? I went on the Kruise, and it was great. I will not get that greatness from seeing KISS at home (yes, that saddens me). I see Paul's paintings and jewelry and chuckle to myself while the person next to me pulls out a credit card. I see absolutely how ridiculous the band is and I have for twenty years. And I had an amazing time on the boat. One doesn't have to buy silly shit that they don't need, and not everyone does so.
<<

highvoltage1969

Post Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:21 am

tomwabe wrote:
rscott71 wrote:
tomwabe wrote:
rscott71 wrote:
tomwabe wrote:
Grizzly Adams wrote:

I'll paraphrase...

Tom, stop using big words, you're confusing the locals.
<<

LordThurisaz

Post Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:43 am

Folks paid thousands and thousands of dollars to see KISS pull out 6 middle of the road rare tracks, commercials for other overpriced products, nepotism, poorly done acoustic sets, and KISS getting blown off the boat by a guy who is characterized on this board as "bitter" and another as someone who apparently was a dime a dozen. And the response for anyone who criticizes the Kruise and other overpriced tchotchke knickknacks? "Oh, you're just jealous."
<<

kissjrj

Post Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:02 pm

LordThurisaz wrote:Folks paid thousands and thousands of dollars to see KISS pull out 6 middle of the road rare tracks, commercials for other overpriced products, nepotism, poorly done acoustic sets, and KISS getting blown off the boat by a guy who is characterized on this board as "bitter" and another as someone who apparently was a dime a dozen. And the response for anyone who criticizes the Kruise and other overpriced tchotchke knickknacks? "Oh, you're just jealous."

What other people pay for entertainment is none of your business. You have no moral authority to speak on how others enjoy spending their money. It's simple decency. Everything you know about the Kruise came from someone who paid for it. Show some respect. You can have your opinions, but you don't get to determine the value of another person's "good time."
<<

LordThurisaz

Post Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:10 pm

kissjrj wrote:
LordThurisaz wrote:Folks paid thousands and thousands of dollars to see KISS pull out 6 middle of the road rare tracks, commercials for other overpriced products, nepotism, poorly done acoustic sets, and KISS getting blown off the boat by a guy who is characterized on this board as "bitter" and another as someone who apparently was a dime a dozen. And the response for anyone who criticizes the Kruise and other overpriced tchotchke knickknacks? "Oh, you're just jealous."

What other people pay for entertainment is none of your business. You have no moral authority to speak on how others enjoy spending their money. It's simple decency. Everything you know about the Kruise came from someone who paid for it. Show some respect. You can have your opinions, but you don't get to determine the value of another person's "good time."

Thanks for trying to put this out-of-line jerk in his place again. Apparently though, with you, it seems I can't have my opinions.
<<

rscott71

Post Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:31 pm

Not at all. I actually agree with tomwabe on a lot of what he says about the Kruise. The hucksterism has reached Titanic proportions on there. I even said so in the fishin poles thread. The difference is I'm not in every single Kruise thread spouting that off. Can't you people see the difference in having an opinion, and being a total asshat about it?
<<

LordThurisaz

Post Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:36 pm

rscott71 wrote:

Not at all. I actually agree with tomwabe on a lot of what he says about the Kruise. The hucksterism has reached Titanic proportions on there. I even said so in the fishin poles thread. The difference is I'm not in every single Kruise thread spouting that off. Can't you people see the difference in having an opinion, and being a total asshat about it?

Well, at least we agree about the fishing poles. I am kinda surprised they don't have colored fishing line.
Next

Return to GENERAL KISS DISCUSSION