Help  •  Register  •  Login

Big John Harte

<<

ps500

Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Post Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:18 am

Big John Harte

anyone have pics or video of him or Lidia criss?
<<

JohnBergless

Might as well be a member of the band!

Post Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:44 am

Re: Big John Harte

Cripe, he's in many many pics of the band, in all different settings
<<

Hotter Than Heck

Vinnie's Tupperware Party Assistant!

Post Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:16 pm

I think he means from Kruise VII not from Kisstory in general

Here's a page where someone posted quite a few pics from the Kruise, including a couple with Lydia Criss & Big John Harte:

http://ruudopreis.blogspot.com/2017/10/2017-kiss-kruise-vii-incl-new-orleans.html
<<

johnsaidwhat

Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:22 pm

Ok. Don't get me wrong, this was/is not click bait, but damn it felt like it.
<<

ACESTATION

Post Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:48 am

remember in GG Geberts/Adams book when Big John had to go back into that rough bar to retrieve Ace's jacket which had $800 bucks in cash in it and he got it back but came back a bit roughed up ?
<<

KISSJeeper70

KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:58 am

I met Big John at a Indy Expo years ago and he was super cool. Had some great stories.

It’d be cool if he had a backdrop mimicking that famous pic of him covering Paul’s face to re-enact the shot.
<<

ps500

Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Post Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:05 am

wow is that 75.00 for an autographed pic? and if so is that the only one he had? I wonder how many were sold
<<

kiss-1976

KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:16 am

Anyone get any updates on the KISS book he's writing?
<<

KISSJeeper70

KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:11 am

ps500 wrote:wow is that 75.00 for an autographed pic? and if so is that the only one he had? I wonder how many were sold

It looks like $15 to me, but I won’t be upset to be corrected.
<<

WI KISSfan

Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Post Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:10 am

Hotter Than Heck wrote:I think he means from Kruise VII not from Kisstory in general

Here's a page where someone posted quite a few pics from the Kruise, including a couple with Lydia Criss & Big John Harte:

http://ruudopreis.blogspot.com/2017/10/2017-kiss-kruise-vii-incl-new-orleans.html

This is quite the long thread with MANY photos of what looks like an awesome trip. I'll have to take some time to really go through it.
<<

vaspaceman

Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Post Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:05 am

WI KISSfan wrote:
Hotter Than Heck wrote:I think he means from Kruise VII not from Kisstory in general

This is quite the long thread with MANY photos of what looks like an awesome trip. I'll have to take some time to really go through it.

I just breezed through it but want to go back and look at it again slowly. Now there's some people who had a great trip!
<<

Kissologist

Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:27 am

Excellent blog!
Makes you feel like you were with them :)
<<

OHKISSFAN

Post Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:59 am

WOW!! What an excellent KISS KRUISE Blog! Thanks for posting that link!

--And the photos from Big John Harte were $15 - one of the 'ususal suspects' went off in another thread griping that they were $75... :roll:
<<

KISSTRONAUT

Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!

Location: The Kingdom of the Spiders, The Empire of the Ants.

Post Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:12 am

OHKISSFAN wrote:WOW!! What an excellent KISS KRUISE Blog! Thanks for posting that link!

--And the photos from Big John Harte were $15 - one of the 'ususal suspects' went off in another thread griping that they were $75... :roll:

Yeah, that same ol' Tom wannabe :lol:
<<

destroyerrnro

Post Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:46 am

It says $5, $10 and $15.
<<

KISSTRONAUT

Post Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:47 am

destroyerrnro wrote:It says $5, $10 and $15.

Hey! That doesn't fit the narrative!! :wink: :)
<<

battra

Post Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:48 am

KISSTRONAUT wrote:
OHKISSFAN wrote:WOW!! What an excellent KISS KRUISE Blog! Thanks for posting that link!

I find it interesting how T's defended the current lineup until the Overpriced Vault....

And now he's one of the usual suspects.
<<

JohnBergless

Post Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:03 am

Ohhh man what a great opportunity! Dare I say - aside from the musicians, I'd consider him probably the most valuable "story teller" still with us today. In terms of clout and "been there".....I would hold him right up there with Bill Aucoin.
<<

WI KISSfan

Post Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:21 am

JohnBergless wrote:Ohhh man what a great opportunity! Dare I say - aside from the musicians, I'd consider him probably the most valuable "story teller" still with us today. In terms of clout and "been there".....I would hold him right up there with Bill Aucoin.

Exactly, wasn't he writing a book? That would be interesting for sure.
<<

aceshigh

Post Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:35 am

ACESTATION wrote:Image

remember in GG Geberts/Adams book when Big John had to go back into that rough bar to retrieve Ace's jacket which had $800 bucks in cash in it and he got it back but came back a bit roughed up ?

Fun looking guy.
<<

ACE FAN LI

KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:50 am

I would imagine this has been discussed, but I honestly don't know the answer... John looks like a shell of his former self- Is he ill, or did he just lose a lot of weight?
<<

highvoltage1969

Post Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:13 am

ACE FAN LI wrote:I would imagine this has been discussed, but I honestly don't know the answer... John looks like a shell of his former self- Is he ill, or did he just lose a lot of weight?

To be honest, he just looks bored shitless!
<<

ACE FAN LI

KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:16 pm

highvoltage1969 wrote:
ACE FAN LI wrote:I would imagine this has been discussed, but I honestly don't know the answer... John looks like a shell of his former self- Is he ill, or did he just lose a lot of weight?

To be honest, he just looks bored shitless!

Maybe, but check out some of the old '70's photos of him with KISS- He was a burly, husky guy...
<<

NashvilleRock.net

Post Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:35 pm

He fought, and beat, cancer in the past few years.
<<

rscott71

Post Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:46 pm

Here's the flyer from his table about his book. He was fantastic with everybody
Attachments
bigj.jpg
<<

KISSTRONAUT

Post Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:34 pm

NashvilleRock.net wrote:

Best wishes to him.
<<

steveh67

2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:20 am

I hope John got to sign plenty of autographs.

These guys deserve something too, as they are part of the big KISS family.

The band wouldn't be around without the likes John Harte looking after them back in the day.

If we get more of those KISS Konventions down here, they should try to get people like John Harte and Lydia Criss etc down here to Australia.
<<

Where's Drago?

Location: Bringing the KISS Army ideaology to the Rhondda valleys and beyond

Post Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:13 am

Surely, he's just in character here? And where are these $75 photographs some folks were complaining about?

I've only ever heard good things about him.

I love these staged 'stay back' photos from the 70s and especially on the Aussie Tour, fantastic. Really selling the mystique back then. Love it. What a band.
<<

lord71

2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:29 am

ACESTATION wrote:Image

I think that the same story was in Lendt's and Ace's book as well.
<<

tomwabe

Banned
Banned

Post Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:59 am

battra wrote:
KISSTRONAUT wrote:

I find it interesting how T's defended the current lineup until the Overpriced Vault....

Thank you Battra. Very generous of you considering we've had some spats...

And you are correct - I have even been vocal in my liking of the material on 'Monster', and I posted nothing but praise for the concert I attended on the KISSWORLD tour.

I may well have been wrong about the price of Big John's photograph - and if so, I was not alone.

I would also respectfully point out that:

1. Strange to me that my assuming a signed photograph might be $75 is regarded as preposterous... yet charging $2,000 (minimum) and a jaunt across states, country or countries for a few CDs somehow isn't. I didn't build that whole stupid ball park, KISS did.

2. My point, on another thread - as you bring it up - was that I'd met a member of the original Alice Cooper group, got everything signed, beautifully, elaborately, personally, swapped stories of my childhood fandom, picked up a signed copy of his book - and all for £16. - but you could have had all that for free without buying the book. He didn't care. He was just lovely and his fans clearly meant much more to him than just walking credit cards. I was contrasting this with the way things are on KISSworld. Perhaps you have me on that minor technicality - I still don't know - but the central point, sadly, because I am a KISS fan, remains.
<<

ACE FAN LI

KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:23 am

NashvilleRock.net wrote:

That's awesome! God Bless him! :thumright:
<<

elleneff

2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:35 am

NashvilleRock.net wrote:

hes throught it and damn , why shouldn't the guy now make a buck from his time protecting the band. He has unheard stories and a perspective no one else could have had.
Looking forward to his book.
Respect to Big John.
<<

elleneff

2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:36 am

tomwabe wrote:
battra wrote:
KISSTRONAUT wrote:

Thank you Battra. Very generous of you considering we've had some spats...

And you are correct - I have even been vocal in my liking of the material on 'Monster', and I posted nothing but praise for the concert I attended on the KISSWORLD tour.

I may well have been wrong about the price of Big John's photograph - and if so, I was not alone.

1. Strange to me that my assuming a signed photograph might be $75 is regarded as preposterous... yet charging $2,000 (minimum) and a jaunt across states, country or countries for a few CDs somehow isn't. I didn't build that whole stupid ball park, KISS did.

2. My point, on another thread - as you bring it up - was that I'd met a member of the original Alice Cooper group, got everything signed, beautifully, elaborately, personally, swapped stories of my childhood fandom, picked up a signed copy of his book - and all for £16. - but you could have had all that for free without buying the book. He didn't care. He was just lovely and his fans clearly meant much more to him than just walking credit cards. I was contrasting this with the way things are on KISSworld. Perhaps you have me on that minor technicality - I still don't know - but the central point, sadly, because I am a KISS fan, remains.

Thumbs up. Respect .
<<

battra

Post Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:33 am

tomwabe wrote:Thank you Battra. Very generous of you considering we've had some spats...

There is no generosity in honesty, but I thank you for you the compliment.

In American society, we have purity tests...it's not like it's something thought up ahead of time..it just happens.

It's seeming as though the Vault, which was even given away as a premium on the Kiss Kruise, is the purity test of today.

If you think $2,000 for 150 songs is overpriced balderdash, you're an ex-fan, like me.

That's just dumb...and purity tests can go to hell because we all compromise every fucking day. I can give you ten thing about anything (and anyONE) I love that could be better.

As for our spats, you and I are opinionated and informed gentlemen...I'm metal and you're punk...of course there's gonna be some spats, but I betcha a tenner, sterling no less, that we could sit in a pub for hours drinking Extra Special Bitter Ale having a great time, in England or the Colonies.
<<

JohnBergless

Post Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:31 am

Can you imagine the stories he has??? Anywhere and everywhere Gene, Peter, Ace and Paul went - in the hight of their careers - he went. I wonder how may people got the shit beat out of them by this guy.
<<

metaldad

Post Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:02 pm

NashvilleRock.net wrote:

He had a heart attack also
<<

razor

Stockholder in KISS Corp.
Stockholder in KISS Corp.

Post Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:11 pm

steveh67 wrote:I hope John got to sign plenty of autographs.

These guys deserve something too, as they are part of the big KISS family.

The band wouldn't be around without the likes John Harte looking after them back in the day.

If we get more of those KISS Konventions down here, they should try to get people like John Harte and Lydia Criss etc down here to Australia.

agreed plus one
now this would be cool to see some of these guys and stories perhaps a cd / or something cool or dvd
with great pics etc
<<

Tommyr

Post Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:10 pm

He has GOT to have tons of Ace & Peter stories! LOL!
<<

semidetached

Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Post Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:19 pm

Was happy to have him sign a $15 pic and I chatted with him for a bit on the Kruise. Really cool guy. Loved the pics he was taking with people, hiding their faces and putting his hand near the camera. Was awesome to meet him. So there's a pic of him looking bored. Big deal. Dude had a line of people waiting to meet him. Good on him, and fuck anyone giving him shit for it.
<<

peopleselbow

Post Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:26 pm

Amazing !!!!
Next

Return to GENERAL KISS DISCUSSION