Help  •  Register  •  Login

Dear members of the board...

<<

Admin

Play some music, PLEASE!

Post Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:14 am

Dear members of the board...

Certain parties who don't seem to be able stop fucking ruining threads are put on final notice. Knock it off. You won't receive another warning - you will be banned.

If you're so butthurt over things KISS-related, it's really obvious that the problem is YOU. Leave. Let it go. Move on... It's Alright. But stop ruining our Rock 'N' Roll Party.
<<

KISSJeeper70

KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:26 am

Re: Dear members of the board...

:thumleft:
<<

Klankh79

Might as well be a member of the band!

Post Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:34 am

hm. wonder who this is directed at. well, it aint me!
<<

pete8475

2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:40 am

Thank you.
<<

B5Erik

Might as well be the Admin!

Location: www.VistaRecords.us & Vista Records Radio on YouTube

Post Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:41 am

Klankh79 wrote:hm. wonder who this is directed at. well, it aint me!

I would imagine that it's the kind of people who post pics of spaghetti, spaghetti faced Tommy, constantly bring up rain gutters, coffee, etc.

That stuff might be mildly amusing to some fans the first couple of times, but after that it's just posted to irritate people. It is literally the definition of trolling.
<<

Terminator

Banned
Banned

Post Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:58 am

B5Erik wrote:

I would imagine that it's the kind of people who post pics of spaghetti, spaghetti faced Tommy, constantly bring up rain gutters, coffee, etc.

That stuff might be mildly amusing to some fans the first couple of times, but after that it's just posted to irritate people. It is literally the definition of trolling.

100% agree. Thank you.
<<

tharv94

Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:59 am

About time! Thank you!!!!!
<<

That 70s Guy

Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:08 am

:cheers:
<<

tomwabe

Banned
Banned

Post Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:17 am

Given the timing I can only assume that I'm one of your culprits. In which case I'm rather disappointed in your use of the tired old term 'butthurt' and, and would respectfully note that your judgement of what might constitute a 'Rock n Roll Party' might be more than a little off. I'd always imagined, ideologically, it was some kind of a cheap thrill. Emphasis on the cheap. Was not aware that it had become synonymous with cheerleading for the calculated, serial exploitation of a sub-group of a formerly rather more fiesty fan base.

Goodbye all. Groucho and clubs and members and all that.
Last edited by tomwabe on Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:15 am, edited 3 times in total.
<<

paul_kissero

Post Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:57 am

Yeah :cheers: thank you!
<<

Crimson Harpoon

Post Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:22 am

tomwabe wrote:Given the timing I can only assume that I'm one of your culprits. In which case I'm rather disappointed in your use of the tired old term 'butthurt' and, and would respectfully note that your judgement of what might constitute a 'Rock n Roll Party' might be more than a little off. I'd always imagined, ideologically, it was some kind of a cheap thrill. Emphasis on the cheap. Was not aware that it had become synonymous with cheerleading for the calculated, serial exploitation of a sub-group of a formerly rather more fiesty fan base.

Why's that? We're all supposed to display a teenaged mentality and all have the same taste, likes, dislikes and opinions. This is 1977 after all. I guess the only ones allowed to post in threads will be those in agreement with the OP. No more debate or exchange of thoughts, just one big circle jerk. It seems to me that the only ones who are "butt-hurt" are the ones who can't deal with the fact that not everyone agrees with them on everything.
Last edited by Crimson Harpoon on Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

B5Erik

Post Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:30 am

There are ways of posting displeasure with something without resorting to trolling.

Posting honest opinions is OK, even if they're negative. But posting pics of spaghetti, coffee, rain gutters, etc, just got lame after the 2nd or 3rd time it was done. Even making spaghetti and coffee references got lame really quickly. It became the lowest common denominator way of taking a shot at both the band and the fans who still enjoy the band. It's pure trolling.

Stating that Paul's voice is a problem, for example, when discussing the current state of the band and it's future is fair game as long as it's part of a real discussion and not just done in a mocking way to irritate or anger other board members.

I guess that's the difference between having a conversation on a topic and trolling.

I've posted negative comments about Peter Criss, but I've always given him credit for the great work he did up through 1977. There has to be some kind of balance there.
<<

KISSTRONAUT

Nearly as many posts as KISS compilations!

Location: The Kingdom of the Spiders, The Empire of the Ants.

Post Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:31 am

This is still a fun place to visit and read and post. I appreciate being able to log in here whenever I want. I’ve always said I’m a fan of the band, not any one member or era. I’ve never understood the cult of personality that some posters have for individual members or eras. I’ve been a KISS fan since ‘76-‘77 and I thought I knew a lot until I discovered KissFAQ. So much knowledge here. I’ll miss KISS when they finally hang it up. I’ll miss this place if Admin ever pulls the plug. Until then I’ll still be a fan of the band and celebrating it all right here on the FAQ.
<<

Crimson Harpoon

Post Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:35 am

OMG, we're grown people discussing four elderly men who wear makeup, high heels, spandex and sing songs about anal sex and lusting after 16-year olds. You're taking KISS & this board FAR too seriously.
<<

B5Erik

Post Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:38 am

Crimson Harpoon wrote:OMG, we're grown people discussing four elderly men who wear makeup, high heels, spandex and sing songs about anal sex and lusting after 16-year olds. You're taking KISS & this board FAR too seriously.

It's not about taking the band all that seriously when it comes to those things.

It's about not being a dick. (And that comment is not addressed to you specifically, CH, but just a comment in general about how some people behave on this board.)
<<

kissjrj

Post Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:41 am

Crimson Harpoon wrote:OMG, we're grown people discussing four elderly men who wear makeup, high heels, spandex and sing songs about anal sex and lusting after 16-year olds. You're taking KISS & this board FAR too seriously.

From the guy who brought up the Holocaust when discussing the makeup transfer...
<<

LordThurisaz

Post Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:44 am

Crimson Harpoon wrote:
tomwabe wrote:Given the timing I can only assume that I'm one of your culprits. In which case I'm rather disappointed in your use of the tired old term 'butthurt' and, and would respectfully note that your judgement of what might constitute a 'Rock n Roll Party' might be more than a little off. I'd always imagined, ideologically, it was some kind of a cheap thrill. Emphasis on the cheap. Was not aware that it had become synonymous with cheerleading for the calculated, serial exploitation of a sub-group of a formerly rather more fiesty fan base.

Why's that? We're all supposed to display a teenaged mentality and all have the same taste, likes, dislikes and opinions. This is 1977 after all. I guess the only ones allowed to post in threads will be those in agreement with the OP. No more debate or exchange of thoughts, just one big circle jerk. It seems to me that the only ones who are "butt-hurt" are the ones who can't deal with the fact that not everyone agrees with them on everything.
<<

cgtrman

Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:01 pm

Thank you!
<<

Crimson Harpoon

Post Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:04 pm

B5Erik wrote:

It's not about taking the band all that seriously when it comes to those things.

It's about not being a dick. (And that comment is not addressed to you specifically, CH, but just a comment in general about how some people behave on this board.)

I can agree with that. The thing is we can all be dick-ish at times. I will pull out a coffee or spaghetti pic every once in a while just because-because. It is something else when threads do get derailed because people just can't let shit go. I know I usually stick to the topic even when my opinion isn't the popular one. And when I do throw in something like a coffee pic, it's meant to be taken in jest and moved on from. The term "butthurt" just strikes me as very immature in nature... Along the lines of I know you are but what am I?. Especially from someone who is trying to mediate a situation. You can't claim a higher ground while throwing around high school grade insults. But as for the connotation of what the term implies, I just can't wrap my head around someone actually feeling that way over something a band has done. Especially this band. It's like expecting people to be all prim & proper at an amusement park. Yeah, the rides are old and not working too well anymore, but shit... Let that be part of the fun.
<<

Terminator

Banned
Banned

Post Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:08 pm

B5Erik wrote:There are ways of posting displeasure with something without resorting to trolling.

Posting honest opinions is OK, even if they're negative. But posting pics of spaghetti, coffee, rain gutters, etc, just got lame after the 2nd or 3rd time it was done. Even making spaghetti and coffee references got lame really quickly. It became the lowest common denominator way of taking a shot at both the band and the fans who still enjoy the band. It's pure trolling.

Stating that Paul's voice is a problem, for example, when discussing the current state of the band and it's future is fair game as long as it's part of a real discussion and not just done in a mocking way to irritate or anger other board members.

I guess that's the difference between having a conversation on a topic and trolling.

I've posted negative comments about Peter Criss, but I've always given him credit for the great work he did up through 1977. There has to be some kind of balance there.
This!
<<

Terminator

Banned
Banned

Post Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:10 pm

B5Erik wrote:

And This!
I find it very surprising the "known trolls" accuse all others of being overly sensitive. And yet look at their reactions when called out. Very hypocritical.
It's easy to disagree, make a point and not be a dick beating the same dead horse.
<<

Crimson Harpoon

Post Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:16 pm

Terminator wrote:
B5Erik wrote:

And This!
I find it very surprising the "known trolls" accuse all others of being overly sensitive. And yet look at their reactions when called out. Very hypocritical.
It's easy to disagree, make a point and not be a dick beating the same dead horse.

I can't speak for anyone but myself. I don't take any of this seriously enough to get sensitive over any of it. The thing that does annoy me is the hypocrisy. You say "trolls" (of which I am not) get overly sensitive when called out, yet fail to realize that the act of calling someone out results from being just as sensitive to what was said to begin with. There's the hypocrisy.
<<

mybliesad

Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!

Post Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:17 pm

B5Erik wrote:

I would imagine that it's the kind of people who post pics of spaghetti...

I don't get the significance of the spaghetti.
<<

rscott71

Post Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:18 pm

If you are offended by what admin wrote, you are probably one of the ones he's talking to :lol:
<<

Crimson Harpoon

Post Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:19 pm

mybliesad wrote:
B5Erik wrote:

I would imagine that it's the kind of people who post pics of spaghetti...

I don't get the significance of the spaghetti.

Tommy has been called the band's spaghetti cook from time to time.
<<

Crimson Harpoon

Post Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:22 pm

rscott71 wrote:If you are offended by what admin wrote, you are probably one of the ones he's talking to :lol:

I don't care if I'm one of the one's he's talking to. :roll:

If that's what he thinks about me, he's wrong. If he wants to think it anyway, that's his issue, not mine. Personally, without the debate and butting of heads around here, it would a boring ass board. Seriously, the fact that this is the hottest thread says a lot.
<<

Erwin

Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Post Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:29 pm

:thumright: Admin
<<

Hotter Than Heck

Vinnie's Tupperware Party Assistant!
Vinnie's Tupperware Party Assistant!

Post Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:31 pm

rscott71 wrote:If you are offended by what admin wrote, you are probably one of the ones he's talking to :lol:

<<

Terminator

Banned
Banned

Post Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:34 pm

Crimson Harpoon wrote:
Terminator wrote:
B5Erik wrote:

And This!

I can't speak for anyone but myself. I don't take any of this seriously enough to get sensitive over any of it. The thing that does annoy me is the hypocrisy. You say "trolls" (of which I am not) get overly sensitive when called out, yet fail to realize that the act of calling someone out results from being just as sensitive to what was said to begin with. There's the hypocrisy.

If someone falls under the definition of troll, that is what they are. To be constantly and deliberatley angering board members on a day to day year to year level is a troll. When called out upon this behavior the first go to response is to say everyone else is too sensitive and takes things way too seriously. Then to go to extreme lenghts to defend their behavior and to be upset when called out is to be a hypocrite. It's quite simple.
Fun is fun. A joke is a joke. But to flood every thread with direct or passive aggressive shots at Tommy or Eric or Paul's voice DAILY, YEARLY? That behavior cannot be defended.
<<

gooerstcb

Ready to sing Shock Me!
Ready to sing Shock Me!

Post Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:36 pm

Thank you Admin.
<<

mybliesad

Ready to sing Beth!
Ready to sing Beth!

Post Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:42 pm

Terminator wrote:
Crimson Harpoon wrote:
Terminator wrote:
B5Erik wrote:

And This!

If someone falls under the definition of troll, that is what they are. To be constantly and deliberatley angering board members on a day to day year to year level is a troll. When called out upon this behavior the first go to response is to say everyone else is too sensitive and takes things way too seriously. Then to go to extreme lenghts to defend their behavior and to be upset when called out is to be a hypocrite. It's quite simple.
Fun is fun. A joke is a joke. But to flood every thread with direct or passive aggressive shots at Tommy or Eric or Paul's voice DAILY, YEARLY? That behavior cannot be defended.

I've seen passive-aggressive shots taken at Ace and Peter too. Does that count as well?
<<

Terminator

Banned
Banned

Post Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:44 pm

mybliesad wrote:
Terminator wrote:
Crimson Harpoon wrote:
Terminator wrote:
B5Erik wrote:

And This!

I've seen passive-aggressive shots taken at Ace and Peter too. Does that count as well?
Of course. I used my example because it the majority of the trolling by a long shot.
<<

Admin

Play some music, PLEASE!

Post Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:45 pm

Wow.

Trashing thread after thread in pursuit of some personal agenda is hardly the same as having a heated discussion/debate about a topic. Hell, valuable tangents do occur in the execution of normal conversations. This has nothing to do with bias, it has everything to do with normal values. Start any topic and it seems that too often the usual suspects show up with their misery.

Oh, "I'm being repressed." How about not being "that guy"? You know, drunk uncle Louie who starts shouting "Lock Her Up" when refused a second piece of pie at Thanksgiving.
<<

rscott71

Post Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:51 pm

Admin wrote:Wow.

Trashing thread after thread in pursuit of some personal agenda is hardly the same as having a heated discussion/debate about a topic. Hell, valuable tangents do occur in the execution of normal conversations. This has nothing to do with bias, it has everything to do with normal values. Start any topic and it seems that too often the usual suspects show up with their misery.

Oh, "I'm being repressed." How about not being "that guy"? You know, drunk uncle Louie who starts shouting "Lock Her Up" when refused a second piece of pie at Thanksgiving.

Or drunk Uncle Goerge at the Q&A. Just think of admin as a Norwegian kruise security guard. :lol:
<<

kissthat

Post Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:56 pm

Admin wrote:Wow.

:shock: I didn't think that their IQ was low enough to jump in this thread and start the same Ole Butthurt shit :lol: I WAS WRONG.

Back to the rest, how hard is it to understand ? It is this man's forum, his time and money are spent keeping this place up. HE MAKES THE RULES Snowflakes.

Julian, let me know if that butt kissing was good enough for me to get a few of my strikes back :lol:
<<

SaintN'Sinner83

Post Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:23 pm

Even this thread isn't immune to a minor shit-storm.
:lol:
<<

Where's Drago?

Location: Bringing the KISS Army ideaology to the Rhondda valleys and beyond

Post Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:19 pm

Drain the swamp.

Thanks Admin.
<<

jannep17

Post Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:23 pm

I think a few obvious rules should be:

1. Discuss Kiss and Kiss related topics.

2. Stick to the topics...

3. ... rather than critizising each other.

4. Making fun of Kiss members or ex-members? Yeah, why not? They’re public figures with some authority. They can take it. But for each poster’s own sake; making the same joke too often will wear out the effect. Think of something new, something fresh.
<<

KISSTRONAUT

Location: The Kingdom of the Spiders, The Empire of the Ants.

Post Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:28 pm

SaintN'Sinner83 wrote:Even this thread isn't immune to a minor shit-storm.
:lol:

It all goes back to, it isn’t what we say its how we say it. We could all remember and strive to be a lot less arrogant and a lot more kind. I think some people just get off on being ass-like.
<<

goinblind

Post Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:32 pm

Next

Return to GENERAL KISS DISCUSSION