SUPER RARE PAUL STANLEY SILVERTONE SOVEREIGN STAGE GUITAR ??

The broadest possible category for KISS discussion. Everything to do with KISS and its members, past and present. Posts offering bootleg, pirate, or illegal items, or links to those items, will be deleted. Please refer to the Terms Of Service (TOS) for this site for maximum board experience. Should any post contain material that violates your copyright, please follow the instructions on the DMCA takedown notice page.
Goddonelostfaith
Newbie... Be nice to me!
Newbie... Be nice to me!

SUPER RARE PAUL STANLEY SILVERTONE SOVEREIGN STAGE GUITAR ??

Post by Goddonelostfaith »

I have what seems to be a 2005 or 2006 Silvertone Sovereign Stage Guitar when Paul (again) moved towards more traditional looks (as in the Monarch and later Preacher). A reliable source told me that this might be something that Silvertone made before Paul started sketching the Monarch. Now this is all speculation since there is virtually nothing about this guitar anywhere online. I have not found a single Sovereign like this and as far as I know Paul has never been pictured with one. I have no Silvertone catalogs or dealer lists to look at so I don't know if this was a model offered briefly or if it's a custom shop thing. Overall there is very little info on the Silvertone signature series online and Paul hasn't talked much about it.

Its a double cut away in a beautiful sunburst top finish and a blood red back with a creme binding.
Mahogany Set neck design with 22 fret fingerboard.
Pearl/Abalone split parallelogram block inlays.
Tune-o-matic with star tail piece bridge.
Creme Pickguard
PAF humbuckers with chrome covers
Grover tuners

If you have any information on this guitar please contact me.
THANK YOU!!!!
Attachments
IMG_20170813_164843.jpg
IMG_20170813_164820.jpg
IMG_20170813_164802.jpg
IMG_20170813_164752.jpg
IMG_20170813_164740.jpg
IMG_20170813_164820.jpg
PART_1499578079986_temp.jpg
PART_1499578097991_temp.jpg
Resized_IMG_20170708_223015540.jpeg
Resized_IMG_20170708_222958163.jpeg
chupathingy
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Re: SUPER RARE PAUL STANLEY SILVERTONE SOVEREIGN STAGE GUITA

Post by chupathingy »

I don’t think it’s a stage because the stage models have uncovered Seymour Duncan’s.
ebon00
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by ebon00 »

chupathingy wrote:I don’t think it’s a stage because the stage models have uncovered Seymour Duncan’s.
That's too simplistic. This is unlike any other Silvertone I've ever come across so a minor cosmetic variation like that doesn't matter. What does matter is that, although it's rarely (if ever) talked about, the control alignment differed between the Stage and the Pro. The Stage had the knobs closer to the edge of the body and this particular guitar has that as well; it's a Stage, not a Pro. When I posted about this on my Instagram it was suggested that this was in fact an early protoype produced when Paul started talking with Silvertone (and the look is very similar to the 1993 protoype that Ibanez made) but it's not from a source that should have had any first-hand insight so I treat it as a plausible theory.
Fartbone
Banned

Post by Fartbone »

No offense but that's one ugly guitar and I like vintage silvertones.
chupathingy
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by chupathingy »

ebon00 wrote:
chupathingy wrote:I don’t think it’s a stage because the stage models have uncovered Seymour Duncan’s.
That's too simplistic. This is unlike any other Silvertone I've ever come across so a minor cosmetic variation like that doesn't matter. What does matter is that, although it's rarely (if ever) talked about, the control alignment differed between the Stage and the Pro. The Stage had the knobs closer to the edge of the body and this particular guitar has that as well; it's a Stage, not a Pro. When I posted about this on my Instagram it was suggested that this was in fact an early protoype produced when Paul started talking with Silvertone (and the look is very similar to the 1993 protoype that Ibanez made) but it's not from a source that should have had any first-hand insight so I treat it as a plausible theory.
No offence, but if you've already convinced yourself that it a pro based on knob layout more power to you. On first look, the pickups and colour say it's not. I'm trying to help out here.

What number is stamped on the fret closest to the bridge pickup?
chupathingy
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by chupathingy »

Just to add one more thing, it also has single ply binding which the stage models don't have.
Goddonelostfaith
Newbie... Be nice to me!
Newbie... Be nice to me!

Post by Goddonelostfaith »

Absolutely no serial numbers anywhere. Pick ups are Duncans...
Planet Caravan
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post by Planet Caravan »

Fartbone wrote:No offense but that's one ugly guitar and I like vintage silvertones.
Yep. IMO all those Silvertones were by far the ugliest guitars Paul played in at least the past 25 years. And I mean all those Silvertones. he played a few models and they were all hideous.

Just my opinion. No offense meant to the OP.

To each their own.
LordThurisaz
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by LordThurisaz »

Planet Caravan wrote:
Fartbone wrote:No offense but that's one ugly guitar and I like vintage silvertones.
Yep. IMO all those Silvertones were by far the ugliest guitars Paul played in at least the past 25 years. And I mean all those Silvertones. he played a few models and they were all hideous.
I don't know what the heck it was called, but that ugly batman V shaped thing was horrendous. I hope they all get thrown into the same dump where all the extra ET games were tossed. They belong together.

And by the way, all of those Silvertone guitars were hideous, but the batman V thing was especially horrific. Gibson, Washburn, and Ibanez are the only guitars he should play.

EDIT: Whoops, almost forgot BC Rich. My, that would've been silly. :oops:
chupathingy
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by chupathingy »

Goddonelostfaith wrote:Absolutely no serial numbers anywhere. Pick ups are Duncans...
Him, weird model then. The only time I've ever seen Paul use covered Duncans was the SM-1's in the Starfire.

All Stage models had the serial stamped into the highest (last) fret of the guitar. I don't know what else to tell you.

Good luck finding more info.
ebon00
2,000 Man, baby!
2,000 Man, baby!

Post by ebon00 »

chupathingy wrote:All Stage models had the serial stamped into the highest (last) fret of the guitar.
Wasn't the serial stamped at the edge of the fretboard so that you had to remove the neck pickup to see it?
chupathingy
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by chupathingy »

ebon00 wrote:
chupathingy wrote:All Stage models had the serial stamped into the highest (last) fret of the guitar.
Wasn't the serial stamped at the edge of the fretboard so that you had to remove the neck pickup to see it?
Maybe. They could tryremoving the the pickup ring and see if that’s the case.