German and US logo on CD

The broadest possible category for KISS discussion. Everything to do with KISS and its members, past and present. Posts offering bootleg, pirate, or illegal items, or links to those items, will be deleted. Please refer to the Terms Of Service (TOS) for this site for maximum board experience. Should any post contain material that violates your copyright, please follow the instructions on the DMCA takedown notice page.
Miow
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

German and US logo on CD

Post by Miow »

I got the German version of Paul's solo album on CD. The German logo is on the spine and back cover, but on the front cover it has the US logo. I have never seen that before, is that correct?
Luchino
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Re: German and US logo on CD

Post by Luchino »

as a side note, at the NYC Kiss Expo, I asked Dennis Woloch (Art Director 1975-1987) about the German logo, and he said he didn't have any involvement in that design nor the band, that it was something done by the record label.. just something I was always curious about
Might as well be the Admin!
Might as well be the Admin!

Post by 67321 »

Miow wrote:I got the German version of Paul's solo album on CD. The German logo is on the spine and back cover, but on the front cover it has the US logo. I have never seen that before, is that correct?
I have a copy of Double Platinum just like that.
Sam
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Post by Sam »

Were they new? Sounds like someone switched out booklets, unless they're digipacks or something. Which logo is on the disc itself?
Easy Catman

Post by Easy Catman »

67321 wrote:
Miow wrote:I got the German version of Paul's solo album on CD. The German logo is on the spine and back cover, but on the front cover it has the US logo. I have never seen that before, is that correct?
I have a copy of Double Platinum just like that.

Me too, on DP remaster normal logo on the cover and disc but German logo on inlay notes from Robert Conte /back and spine.
Erwin
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post by Erwin »

Mello
KISS Army Kadet
KISS Army Kadet

Post by Mello »

I may be in the minority here but I rather like the German logo. I think the redesigner kept the punchiness and the "rockiness" of the logo without potentially getting into trouble in Germany :)