Whereabouts of Vinnie Vincent

The broadest possible category for KISS discussion. Everything to do with KISS and its members, past and present. Posts offering bootleg, pirate, or illegal items, or links to those items, will be deleted. Please refer to the Terms Of Service (TOS) for this site for maximum board experience. Should any post contain material that violates your copyright, please follow the instructions on the DMCA takedown notice page.
Invasion89
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Whereabouts of Vinnie Vincent

Post by Invasion89 »

I've been a Kiss fan for a long time but am finally coming back into the band after about 14 years. Vinnie was always my favorite and there doesn't seem to be much about him recently. Anybody know anything about him?
The Fox
Spends too much time FAQ'ing off!

Re: Whereabouts of Vinnie Vincent

Post by The Fox »

Invasion89 wrote:I've been a Kiss fan for a long time but am finally coming back into the band after about 14 years. Vinnie was always my favorite and there doesn't seem to be much about him recently. Anybody know anything about him?
I believe he's currently living next door to Mickey Mouse.
goinblind

Post by goinblind »

This is the last, extensive piece I have seen about him ...

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ ... t-20140408

The crazies at the VV Forum have stalked him for years and claim to know where he is now, but won't mention it publicly (thankfully).
wise

Post by wise »

There's only one way to find him. Private investigator.
kissjrj
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by kissjrj »

If you, or anyone, knew of his whereabouts, what would you do next?
stutterer
Qualified to wear Ace's makeup!

Post by stutterer »

The child that hides wants to be found.
takes-tokyo77
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by takes-tokyo77 »

kissjrj wrote:If you, or anyone, knew of his whereabouts, what would you do next?
Ask Him when his Box Set is coming out (Ok it's almost as bad as asking and waiting for a KISSOLOGY but not quite)

I wonder how many T Shirts actually $old for $200 a piece or whatever they were
Den Dennis

Post by Den Dennis »

He's out there.
Might as well be the Admin!

Post by 67321 »

Den Dennis wrote:He's out there.
Lurking somewhere.
Mr Slow
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Mr Slow »

Surely Vinnie would be keen to tell his side of what happened with Gene & Paul as well as his VVI bandmates. I wonder if some of these Podcasts ever try to reach out to him. An interview with Vinnie would be extremely interesting and not only would he be able to defend himself but also potentially spike interest in his music career. If he needed some cash he could make sure he has his website and online presence in order and let the world know he is still alive!
Attachments
KISS-Creatures-Of-The-Night-Tour-Canada-January-14-1983-kiss-37768093-2048-1452.jpg
wise

Post by wise »

ACESTATION

Post by ACESTATION »

goinblind wrote:This is the last, extensive piece I have seen about him ...

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ ... t-20140408

The crazies at the VV Forum have stalked him for years and claim to know where he is now, but won't mention it publicly (thankfully).
Paul followed Vinnie's awsome solo with a bunch of "gimme gimme gimme" over and over with a long impressive vocal note as if he felt he had to respond. I thought that was bad.
C

Post by C »

Mr Slow wrote:Surely Vinnie would be keen to tell his side of what happened with Gene & Paul as well as his VVI bandmates. I wonder if some of these Podcasts ever try to reach out to him. An interview with Vinnie would be extremely interesting and not only would he be able to defend himself but also potentially spike interest in his music career. If he needed some cash he could make sure he has his website and online presence in order and let the world know he is still alive!
He has been approached via his attorney.
Vinnie wants six figures for an interview, upfront, under his conditions and no guarantees.
No joke.
elleneff
Banned

Post by elleneff »

There are certain folk who were researching VV for a book and series of Podcasts that may know where exactly he is based now. I believe his legal attorney is still in Nashville.
But I shant mention the name lest I am incorrect. Plus, I doubt even if they did know, being a decent respectful chap, it would be imparted.
VV doesn't want to be found, probably doesn't play guitar any more and is just trying to keep his head above water.
I believe he has little of no contact with his daughters.

We can admire the work that he did, songs he wrote and the legacy he left, good and bad but really we have no right to know where he is.

Iv said this before and the next time he makes the media will be of his passing. which will be a shame, a loss and a waste of talent, destroying himself with his own demons and issues.
We all laugh and joke about some of the rediculous stories about him, the wig, the ego, the pink panties and high heels, the Meredith and online personas, the "Mr Vincent`s team will review the request now" nonsense and the crux seems to be in principle serious mental health issues, OCD, aspergic issues, social interactions, emotionally reactive and so forth.
Hes retreated from the world that's mocked him. On one hand you cant blame him, but he brought on a lot of that himself.
battra

Post by battra »

elleneff wrote:There are certain folk who were researching VV for a book and series of Podcasts that may know where exactly he is based now. I believe his legal attorney is still in Nashville.
But I shant mention the name lest I am incorrect. Plus, I doubt even if they did know, being a decent respectful chap, it would be imparted.
VV doesn't want to be found, probably doesn't play guitar any more and is just trying to keep his head above water.

We can admire the work that he did, songs he wrote and the legacy he left, good and bad but really we have no right to know where he is.

Iv said this before and the next time he makes the media will be of his passing. which will be a shame, a loss and a waste of talent, destroying himself with his own demons and issues.
We all laugh and joke about some of the rediculous stories about him, the wig, the ego, the pink panties and high heels, the Meredith and online personas, the "Mr Vincent`s team will review the request now" nonsense and the crux seems to be in principle serious mental health issues, OCD, aspergic issues, social interactions, emotionally reactive and so forth.
Hes retreated from the world that's mocked him. On one hand you cant blame him, but he brought on a lot of that himself.
If being a part of the world is painful, why be a part of it?

I'd presume that he's got some sort of legitimate mental illness.

If that's the case, he's got an excuse from me. I have anxiety/OCD and I can't tell you how hard it is sometimes just saying hi to my friends, much less do my job, make small talk with the aftercare folks, drive the 30 miles in rushhour, etc....that I have to do in a day.

Mine's not even that serious, I don't think...
elleneff
Banned

Post by elleneff »

battra wrote:
elleneff wrote:There are certain folk who were researching VV for a book and series of Podcasts that may know where exactly he is based now. I believe his legal attorney is still in Nashville.

If being a part of the world is painful, why be a part of it?

I'd presume that he's got some sort of legitimate mental illness.

If that's the case, he's got an excuse from me. I have anxiety/OCD and I can't tell you how hard it is sometimes just saying hi to my friends, much less do my job, make small talk with the aftercare folks, drive the 30 miles in rushhour, etc....that I have to do in a day.

Mine's not even that serious, I don't think...

I get that. I understand. Perhaps not as much as others But I get it and its not an easy thing to comprehend let alone try to face and get appropriate help in a safe place, guidance or just a safe place/professional to just talk. Iv sure had days and periods where it sometimes became an effort to "switch on" for work, or pick up the phone etc or deal with the kids. You hope the moment passes and the funk disappears and in some cases maybe it doesn't.
We know the music industry is rough and the business aspect is horrendous, but you do have to be able to get the right support people and take their advice and guidance when given.
Its possible, not claiming to be or have any expertise on the matter, that VV may not have had the right help (this was the 80s) and with family stress, wives passing, each occurance layered on additional stress and anxiety until he really couldn't process and simply reacted emotionally, rationalising it to himself.
Not being holier than thou or being an expert, just trying to emphatise the possible scenario, away from the various horror stories that seems to have coloured his stage name.
Course in other cases like Blotzer, Kottek or Sixx, they are just utter nuts, believing their own Bull.
KissKing73

Post by KissKing73 »

Obviously wants to be left alone, that is of course, he gets the money he wants to come out of hiding. It's nice that he has that much confidence and good sense of self, and/or worth. That's good currency to have, but in the real world, doesn't hold a lot of value....

People say he's bat shit crazy and I just wish he was able to prove them wrong. Don't want to be a performer, great, but get back on the horse and get back into song writing, producing, etc....

It would be nice to see him be active and just get known within the industry again. I'd love to see pics of him being normal, walking into studios and posing for pics with fans. I'd love to be able to read about him writing with another well known artist, or laying down a cool guitar part or solo for another artists up coming album. There is so much he could be doing, that I can only assume he just doesn't want to.

Too bad for us, our loss actually.
elleneff
Banned

Post by elleneff »

KissKing73 wrote:Obviously wants to be left alone, that is of course, he gets the money he wants to come out of hiding. It's nice that he has that much confidence and good sense of self, and/or worth. That's good currency to have, but in the real world, doesn't hold a lot of value....

People say he's bat shit crazy and I just wish he was able to prove them wrong. Don't want to be a performer, great, but get back on the horse and get back into song writing, producing, etc....

It would be nice to see him be active and just get known within the industry again. I'd love to see pics of him being normal, walking into studios and posing for pics with fans. I'd love to be able to read about him writing with another well known artist, or laying down a cool guitar part or solo for another artists up coming album. There is so much he could be doing, that I can only assume he just doesn't want to.

Too bad for us, our loss actually.
Everyones loss really.
His daughters, his admirers of his songwriting and guitar playing and reaching his potential. He could have been Satriani - Vai level had he not been locked into this Glam Rock band , speed thing.
as many have said, even the Iron Maiden guys, he could play anything, classical, Spanish, beautifully, enough to bring you to tears.
Despite it all, People want the best for him.
If only he could see it.
sugardaddy
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by sugardaddy »

Invasion89 wrote:I've been a Kiss fan for a long time but am finally coming back into the band after about 14 years. Vinnie was always my favorite and there doesn't seem to be much about him recently. Anybody know anything about him?

Welcome back Mr. Cusano.
C

Post by C »

Last thing about him, he sold lots of his personal stuff on Julien's Auctions
http://www.julienslive.com/view-auction ... ie+vincent
sugardaddy
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by sugardaddy »

C wrote:Last thing about him, he sold lots of his personal stuff on Julien's Auctions

:shock: :shock: :shock:

http://www.julienslive.com/view-auction ... %2Bvincent

that winning bid MUST be a typo.
C

Post by C »

No it's true, that was great
Kisstanbul
Trained by Tommy!
Trained by Tommy!

Post by Kisstanbul »

Can't believe he held on to all that stuff for so long. Must have been hard for him to let go.
elleneff
Banned

Post by elleneff »

Someone paid 25k for one of his pink shark fins?
wow.
redinthesky
A really important Kiss fan!
A really important Kiss fan!

Post by redinthesky »

Vinnie is a freaking idiot. He can easily come back and do one single Kiss convention, charge $50 for each autograph (more for a few guitars), make Kiss fans arrive from all over, and you know he can easily pull in at least ten grand just by sitting on his ass all day signing stuff. To not take advantage of this is asinine.
C

Post by C »

He is afraid of the Ace Frehley fans, they want to kill him.
elleneff
Banned

Post by elleneff »

C wrote:He is afraid of the Ace Frehley fans, they want to kill him.
Hell Im afraid of obsessive die hard Ace Frehley fans.
jannep17
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by jannep17 »

redinthesky wrote:Vinnie is a freaking idiot. He can easily come back and do one single Kiss convention, charge $50 for each autograph (more for a few guitars), make Kiss fans arrive from all over, and you know he can easily pull in at least ten grand just by sitting on his ass all day signing stuff. To not take advantage of this is asinine.

So, maybe now you realize how mental illness actually works.
takes-tokyo77
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by takes-tokyo77 »

C wrote:He is afraid of the Ace Frehley fans, they want to kill him.
LOL that was frickin hilarious, made me spill my drink.

actually a few podcasts have tried to reach him but he wanted $10,000 for an interview and u went thru a person maed Meredith who was his assistant or some shit (It was Vinnie most likely) there is 1 podcast where the guy tells the story on how VV wanted a ton of $$$ for interview and a bunch of other stuff, quite entertaining
takes-tokyo77
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by takes-tokyo77 »

sugardaddy wrote:
C wrote:Last thing about him, he sold lots of his personal stuff on Julien's Auctions

serious those boots went for $1600, what are u gonna do with them, (wear them), I mean I can see a Guitar and paul and gene said Vinnie has ben selling guitars that he said were on tours but that he was lying and had none left. its funny because every 5 years its "just found the lick it up tour guitar" and he has sold that one a few times,
C

Post by C »

takes-tokyo77 wrote:
sugardaddy wrote:

serious those boots went for $1600, what are u gonna do with them, (wear them), I mean I can see a Guitar and paul and gene said Vinnie has ben selling guitars that he said were on tours but that he was lying and had none left. its funny because every 5 years its "just found the lick it up tour guitar" and he has sold that one a few times,

That is true, you can wear the boots and jacket into clubs or whatever you want and no one will know anything. lol. isn't that funny?
Vinnie worn the same jacket for the 83 LIU Tour and then Europe 96.
Damn jacket and Ankh necklace...
takes-tokyo77
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by takes-tokyo77 »

C wrote:
takes-tokyo77 wrote:
sugardaddy wrote:

That is true, you can wear the boots and jacket into clubs or whatever you want and no one will know anything. lol. isn't that funny?
Vinnie worn the same jacket for the 83 LIU Tour and then Europe 96.
Damn jacket and Ankh necklace...
WOW, and he didn't put on weight, normally people cant fit into clothes they wore when they were younger. Maybe it is possible he held on to everything but I know a lot of people suspect that the guitars he used on Creatires/Lick it up era are all sold or allegedly have benn sold. that's weird, although I think he has made some bad business decisions with KISS and if he didn't act bizarre or weird he could have wrote more songs with KISS and made some $$$.

But he gets greedy and his EGO grows to the size of New York. I do think he is a GREAT rad lead guitarist and songwriter and if you look at what KISS did BEFORE he came aboard (The Elder) its safe to say he DID Help Save KISS for a little while. I mean how many Tickets were sold for the ELDER tour?? (there was no tour that's how bad it was) when he came in the band he helped a good deal on creatures and lets face it when they took off the makeup he wrote/co-wrote 8 of the 10 songs off LICK IT UP (which is my fav NON Make Up album) and the album went PLATINUM and has sold I have heard 3 Million units worldwide. Now the ELDER bombed, there was NO tour so you copuld say he was a key factor in writing some great tunes, after he left obviously it was the Paul Stanley show and on REVENGE "Unholy" was killer./ its 2 bad he is bizarre. I would hope he gets well and comes out with new music.
C

Post by C »

Very good points Takes-Tokyo, but i think he is afraid to do what he used to do best.
That's a psychological condition but it has prevented many geniouses from keep doing what they do best.
Can't remember the name of the condition but it exists.
takes-tokyo77
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by takes-tokyo77 »

C wrote:Very good points Takes-Tokyo, but i think he is afraid to do what he used to do best.
That's a psychological condition but it has prevented many geniouses from keep doing what they do best.

Like a BI-POLAR Type Condition?? He seems to have "something" but yer copmmets made my day and made me laugh, free entertasinment, thanx bro, cheers
stutterer

Post by stutterer »

Does he still get residuals from the songs he saved Kiss with? Or they bought him out or something?
Maybe he can afford to ask for bizzare prices for unveiling himself, because he has some income to live off and this attitude of his actually keeps people talking about him.
Crazy, but not forgotten still.
PUNCHLINE

Post by PUNCHLINE »

takes-tokyo77 wrote:
C wrote:Very good points Takes-Tokyo, but i think he is afraid to do what he used to do best.

Like a BI-POLAR Type Condition?? He seems to have "something" but yer copmmets made my day and made me laugh, free entertasinment, thanx bro, cheers
As did your reply, thank you.
Henrik
Full KISS Army Member
Full KISS Army Member

Post by Henrik »

I keep hearing people hoping/pleading for Vinnie to take up his music career again.

The only mitigating circumstance on these wishes are that they seem to be good-hearted, because - based on Vinnie's age alone - they are disillusioned.

Speaking of disillusion, I catch myself guilty thereof as well - all the time: I would love to read a surprise-release-book by Double V, knowing that it, most probably, would be farther from the truth than Ace and Peter and Gene's books combined!

Fans of Vinnie (aye-aye) are beggars on a beach of - exclusively - sand, seemingly, clinging to the thinnest straws.

Upon switching the on-button of my brain, I find myself just hoping that he is leading a satisfactory life.

PS. It is a stretch to imply any knowledge of his relationship to his daughters.

We knew him when...
sugardaddy
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by sugardaddy »

Henrik wrote:I keep hearing people hoping/pleading for Vinnie to take up his music career again.

The only mitigating circumstance on these wishes are that they seem to be good-hearted, because - based on Vinnie's age alone - they are disillusioned.

Speaking of disillusion, I catch myself guilty thereof as well - all the time: I would love to read a surprise-release-book by Double V, knowing that it, most probably, would be farther from the truth than Ace and Peter and Gene's books combined!

Fans of Vinnie (aye-aye) are beggars on a beach of - exclusively - sand, seemingly, clinging to the thinnest straws.

Upon switching the on-button of my brain, I find myself just hoping that he is leading a satisfactory life.

PS. It is a stretch to imply any knowledge of his relationship to his daughters.

We knew him when...
hehehe 8)
Invasion89
Welcome To The Show!
Welcome To The Show!

Post by Invasion89 »

sugardaddy wrote:

Welcome back Mr. Cusano.

Haha, I'm not Vinnie man, my name is Cameron, I live in Illinois. I wish I could play half that good, I'm really just a big fan of his stuff.

Post by 67321 »

I was there last weekend visiting some family members. And, believe me it's beyond creepy and scary as hell, the way they scream and yell over and over.

:shaking:
vdojaq
Banned

Post by vdojaq »

Invasion89 wrote:
sugardaddy wrote:

Welcome back Mr. Cusano.

Haha, I'm not Vinnie man, my name is Cameron, I live in Illinois. I wish I could play half that good, I'm really just a big fan of his stuff.
But I got money that says VV does read all this shit. He has to, look at all the crap he pulled on his own VV boards. The guy is a frickin paranoid shut in. It's really a shame. He reads anything and EVERYTHING that has to do with himself. Then finds the need to form a ridiculous alias and rebut everything that is written.

Post by 67321 »

Vinnie, if you're reading this I just wanna say....

YOU'RE AN INCREDIBLE GUITARIST, SONG-WRITER, PERFORMER, AND YOUR "ANKH" MAKE-UP RULED!! I WISH YOU NOTHING BUT HAPPINESS, AND A HEALTHY LIFE. :salut:
C

Post by C »

67321 wrote:Vinnie, if you're reading this I just wanna say....

YOU'RE AN INCREDIBLE GUITARIST, SONG-WRITER, PERFORMER, AND YOUR "ANKH" MAKE-UP RULED!! I WISH YOU NOTHING BUT HAPPINESS, AND A HEALTHY LIFE. :salut:
Great post !
Me too !
jannep17
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by jannep17 »

C wrote:

Great post !
Me too !
Ditto.
Mr Slow
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Mr Slow »

jannep17 wrote:
C wrote:

Great post !
Me too !
Ditto.
I think as KISS/Vinnie fans we'd all welcome something from Vinnie, even if it's just an interview. Just something new to find out how he's going and what he's been up to.
And hey, if he wants to put out some new music I'm pretty sure we'd be all over it like flies on a rib roast! :thumright:
Ikons

Post by Ikons »

He cleans bathtubs for a living, making up for his past sins.
Sam

Post by Sam »

Invasion89 wrote:
sugardaddy wrote:

Welcome back Mr. Cusano.

There it is! Vinnie's hiding out in Cameron, Illinois!
Eddie Van Hazel
Prized Position Claimant
Prized Position Claimant

Post by Eddie Van Hazel »

I would love to read a new Vinnie interview (but as the OP said) he charges a ridiculous large amount of money to grant one.

With the lawsuits, personal issues and fans being ripped off I don't think Vinnie will come back (in public) anytime soon.
scotty_rhoads
Super Elite KISS Fan
Super Elite KISS Fan

Post by scotty_rhoads »

he doesnt even have to make appearances. seeing new photos on his website and just selling autographed 8x10s would be enough for most fans.
C

Post by C »

He was doing just that selling shirt but he suddenly stopped, it's weird because he was trademarking his ankh logo for the shirt tags
and he got the registration last December.